My Year 10 Revision Thread To A* 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Yesterdays study picture xD:tongue:
Original post by mayu123
Ohh what board are you for business studies and Triple science

I'm doing edexcel wbu?
Original post by mayu123
Thank you very much what year are u in ?

Year 12, first year of IB :smile: I stressed about igcses so much and did fine in the end (as a non-native, too).
Original post by mayu123
aww its okay what you doing at school at the moment in English??

Spoiler

haha... um, right now we are learning how to write letters and essays....
Reply 144
Original post by zaraimani
I'm doing edexcel wbu?

BTEC and AQA
Reply 145
IM SO bad at that u ?
Reply 146
Original post by Mac117
Year 12, first year of IB :smile: I stressed about igcses so much and did fine in the end (as a non-native, too).

ohh k
Original post by mayu123
IM SO bad at that u ?

okay... better at creative writing
Reply 148
yhh
Reply 149
Original post by mayu123
ohh k

How was school this week do you guys think school went quick this week and look only 3 weeks left or less :frown:
Reply 150
Original post by Mac117

We get maths homework every week on the friday and due on Monday at intervention what about you ?
I know this is late but...
I'm doing
English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Re
History
Geography
Spanish
Currently, I am really messing up on my study timetable, my teachers give us homework at very random times so sometimes I have to push my study timetable. Any tips on a study timetable?
Hey guys,
I was just wondering, as everyone here seems pretty smart,how much do you guys do for revision after school?
I want to get as many 9s as possible and I really want to know how many of you guys are the same, I am today ordering a tonne of books to help me with my revision.
I'm doing

Trip Science
Eng lit+lang
maths
french (kinda regret but i've decided to stick to it)
business studies
computer science (really good)
ethics (rs)
Original post by mayu123
Yesterdays study picture xD:tongue:

How much afterschool studying do you do? Like not including homework btw
Original post by MrIso
Hi My name is Iso and im going to yr 10 (obv)
My GCSE subjects are ( predictions in brackets,i have mine because we started in yr9

Year 10 exams
Religious Studies (A-A*)
Maths (9)

Year 11 exams
Additional Mathematics (idek how this is graded)
Physics (9)
Chemistry (9)
Biology (7-8)
English Literature (8)
English Language (8)
DT (A)
History (8)
Spanish (9)
French (9)

For A-Levels i want to do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and maybe Economics to study some type of either /aero/robotics/automotive/electrical/hardware engineering at ideally UC Berkeley, MIT or Stanford and in the UK, Cambridge, Imperial or Southampton.

Mate those are some pretty insane predicted grades, do you go to a state school or like a private/ independant school. Also do you do much revision, I strongly believe if you got predicted grades like that you could get like all 9s xD, haven't actually got all my predicted grades yet so idk about me but i'd b happy to get urs :biggrin:
Original post by MozartEd
I'm doing
English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Re
History
Geography
Spanish
Currently, I am really messing up on my study timetable, my teachers give us homework at very random times so sometimes I have to push my study timetable. Any tips on a study timetable?

So i assume your in year 10, well I would make your weakest subjects priorities, so say your struggling with Spanish make it a priority. Next I'd make sure you have good resources; textbooks, online etc. Then instead of making a timetable say I'm going to try to 1 hour of spanish a week, let's say on the weekend, Sat 30 mins and sunday 30 mins. The 30 mins chunks feel like nothing and you can learn a huge amount. Do this with like 5 subjects and when you have too many write down what amount of time and what subjects you are going to study next week. 1 hour/ week on Spanish sounds like a little but at this point in year 10 it's quite a suitable amount especially if your doing a few subjects a week. I'd reccomened at this point to keep your revision under 4 hours a week so you don't get bored and hate revising. 30 mins after school on like 2-3 school days is quite good to.
Reply 156
Original post by peeked
Mate those are some pretty insane predicted grades, do you go to a state school or like a private/ independant school. Also do you do much revision, I strongly believe if you got predicted grades like that you could get like all 9s xD, haven't actually got all my predicted grades yet so idk about me but i'd b happy to get urs :biggrin:

Oh thanks!!! I go to St Olaves Grammar School which I believe was state school of the year and had student of the year 2015,its not a private school but it basically is in most aspects, just free. I do some revision mostly before tests and if I don't understand everything, but I'll most likely do more soon. I'm sure you'll get those grades if you work hard.
Reply 157
Original post by peeked
How much afterschool studying do you do? Like not including homework btw

2-3 hours you ?:smile:
Reply 158
Original post by MozartEd
I'm doing
English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Re
History
Geography
Spanish

There this website on THE STUDENT ROOM to make your own timetable online how are you revising?:biggrin:
Reply 159
Original post by peeked
Hey guys,
I was just wondering, as everyone here seems pretty smart,how much do you guys do for revision after school?
I want to get as many 9s as possible and I really want to know how many of you guys are the same, I am today ordering a tonne of books to help me with my revision.
I'm doing

Trip Science
Eng lit+lang
maths
french (kinda regret but i've decided to stick to it)
business studies
computer science (really good)
ethics (rs)

Wht books you buying for Triple Science ?

Quick Reply

Latest