Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

i dislike middle class people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    A South American grain adopted by hipsters and health freaks. I thinks it's gluten free which would explain why.

Nothing wrong with being either of the above of course.
    Thanks. Is it worth trying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    1) how is weed immoral? And on average I'd say they do less actually
    2) on average they are, but only because they are prepared to spend more money on tutors etc.
    3) correct and very clever. You should petition the government to build a) more housing and b) abolish the free school/grammar schools so all schools are similar.
    4) No, they don't.
    5) I call The Sun and Daily Mail readers racist and xenophobic, it just so happens that that overlaps with said demographic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    5) I call The Sun and Daily Mail readers racist and xenophobic, it just so happens that that overlaps with said demographic
    1) what a stupid comment
    2)the highers readership of The Daily Mail are Middle-class Asian ladies
    3) Racist both newspapers have been complaining about the Stephen Lawrence's case

Stephen Lawrence The Mail campaigned vigorously for justice over the murder of in 1993. On 14 February 1997, the Mail front page pictured the five men accused of Lawrence's murder with the headline "MURDERERS", stating "if we are wrong, let them sue us".4) most people do not read newspapers
    5) xenophobic how can white work class people be we are the most likely to married in a relationship work and are in school with people from all over the world
    6) the middle-class read The Sun as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BIGJohnson777)
    There are working class people who deserve the utmost respect, i.e. people who are doing their best to get out of it. Most of the dislike is directed towards people who don't seek to improve and those are generally perceived as slobs.
    Interesting point about "getting out" of being working class. There's nothing a priori wrong with being working class. Have you read Owen Jones' "Chav"? It's really interesting, and it talks about how wanting to move out of being working class is a fairly recent phenomena. People used to take pride in being working class, and it wasn't seen as something you had to work your way out of at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.name)
    Thank you, I may need that luck. Do you mind if I PM you? I'd like to get your thoughts on contracts and by extension, the state of the NHS.
    Sure - fire away. I (along with just about every other doctor) am pretty fatigued with the contract, but I can definitely tell you about the state of services where I'm working at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Thanks. Is it worth trying?
    It's alright, nothing special though IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camaieu)
    Interesting point about "getting out" of being working class. There's nothing a priori wrong with being working class. Have you read Owen Jones' "Chav"? It's really interesting, and it talks about how wanting to move out of being working class is a fairly recent phenomena. People used to take pride in being working class, and it wasn't seen as something you had to work your way out of at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only because you couldn't before! And what does Owen Jones know about it anyway? A middle-class guy telling working-class people there's no point becoming be middle-class*:laugh:

Patronising twerp*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Only because you couldn't before! And what does Owen Jones know about it anyway? A middle-class guy telling working-class people there's no point becoming be middle-class*:laugh:

Patronising twerp*
    I'm not a massive Owen Jones fan, but I thought it was a very well-written and sensitive book. He doesn't say that there's no point in working classes being aspirational; he says that in the past, there wasn't such a "stigma" (and yes, I think that for some people, it is a stigma to say it) in being working class. Precisely because "we're all middle class now", we're told that there's a certain shame to being from a working class background - to go by the media, the working-class drink, fight and sign on the dole. Whilst there's always been aspiration, it's only in the past thirty odd years that it's a stigma *not* to be aspirational.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looloo2134)
    Reason Why
    1) their amoral e.g smoking weed at university
    2)They believe their children are more intelligent than working class children
    3)They buy houses by the best performing schools so their children will get a place
    4)They look down on people who live in social housing
    5)they call working class white people racist & xenophobic. When the white work class work in low skilled jobs with Eastern Europeans. Also are more likely to have mixed race children.
    I disagree with point 5.

Firstly, Eastern Europeans are White,

Secondly, having mixed race children isn't bad, at all. Don't judge someone for having a mixed race child. It's their child, not yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    I disagree with point 5.

Firstly, Eastern Europeans are White,
    firstly eastern Europeans are every ethnicity just like British people

Secondly, having mixed race children isn't bad, at all. Don't judge someone for having a mixed race child. It's their child, not s.
    secondly I love the fact that white working class people have more mixed race children than other social classes

ReputationRep:
    some middle class people are aids but some are cool. it applies to all types of people really... some are cool some are not. no need to generalise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looloo21)
    secondly I love the fact that white working class people have more mixed race children than other social classes
    Have you got any figures that back this up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    some middle class people are aids but some are cool. it applies to all types of people really... some are cool some are not. no need to generalise
    Lol, the OP complains about people generalising by generalising others himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looloo2134)
    Reason Why
    1) their amoral e.g smoking weed at university
    2)They believe their children are more intelligent than working class children
    3)They buy houses by the best performing schools so their children will get a place
    4)They look down on people who live in social housing
    5)they call working class white people racist & xenophobic. When the white work class work in low skilled jobs with Eastern Europeans. Also are more likely to have mixed race children.
    Do you do all your food shopping at Waitrose and go to Aldi only to go to the entrance and shout losers to all the shoppers? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, the OP complains about people generalising by generalising others himself.
    yeah for real their post doesnt make sense.. completely backwards

ReputationRep:
    Have you got any figures that back this up?
    school admission figures for the least 20 years in London

ReputationRep:
    school admission figures for the least 20 years in London
    Fair enough.

How do you define what class each person is in?

For example; if someone grew up in a council house with sweet fa but now works in a professional(stereotypical middle class) job, owns their own house not via right to buy, travels abroad a lot etc are they now middle class?

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

How do you define what class each person is in?

For example; if someone grew up in a council house with sweet fa but now works in a professional(stereotypical middle class) job, owns their own house not via right to buy, travels abroad a lot etc are they now middle class?
    income level at the start of primary school and post code

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how smoking weed is linked to morality in any way.

ReputationRep:
    income level at the start of primary school and post code
    Do you ask for this first then before you decide if you'll like someone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Not sure how smoking weed is linked to morality in any way.
    Lol. If the whole world was stoned there'd be world peace.

Although **** all would get done.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.