The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Hi If I have done Maths early and finished it in Year 12 but achieved an A but my grade or A2 modules havent been cashed in and I plan on resitting one module. Do i enter my A Level Grade or just leave it as pending
I added my school and qualifications (IB). I put in all my subjects. In 'grade' do I put in my predicted grade, or do I put in 'pending'? I'm taking the exam next year.
Original post by whoskal
I added my school and qualifications (IB). I put in all my subjects. In 'grade' do I put in my predicted grade, or do I put in 'pending'? I'm taking the exam next year.

Only actual achieved grades go in. If you have not taken the exams yet, you put pending. Predicted grades are for referees to add in the reference, not for applicants, for obvious reasons.
Original post by Lostrider
Of I am retaking a module do i have to show this on UCAS, if so how do I do it?

Also because I resat the year at AS and took different A levels do I have to declare my first AS results? My form tutor told me not to

Posted from TSR Mobile
You enter the qualification again, as is explained in the OP. And, yes, you do have to enter the AS grades from your first AS year.

Original post by Louiseelg0rt
At my school if we resit a module of AS, the whole grade becomes pending. Does this mean the uni won't find out what we got overall at AS (even if its an entry requirement)? Also, with predicted grades, if its far from the AS result but the AS is pending, does that matter?
Just a few q's to make sure I'm filling the application out right because I don't think I am
Unless in the very rare case where schools don't certificate AS results, you should complete the qualification twice, once as achieved with the overall grade awarded, and again as a pending qualification. What your school may do for its own administrative purposes is their business, but if your results sheet shows an overall grade for any or all of those AS subjects, you need to enter them accordingly.

Original post by ChrisP97
No doubt this questions already been asked, but I couldn't see an answer anywhere. In 2014 I re-sat a GCSE English language exam (40% of qualification), and my overall grade went up from a C to an A. Do I have to declare both grades, even though I didn't re-sit the whole GCSE and there is no way of specifying how many exams I re-sat? Thanks
Yes you do have to declare both sittings and grades.

Original post by Ginger_Gymnast92
My school submitted my Ucas yesterday, and I had put all my module grades in. I plan to resit a biology paper to try to get my UMS to A * standard. I am also considering resitting a chem module. My school told me I didn't have to enter the modules as pending as I am not totally sure what I am resitting and that you only put pending if you are resitting the whole AS and it will change the grade. I have just read somnething which suggests you have to declare any as module resits. I didnt know, do I need to contact Ucas? I don't know which modules I am resitting yet!? This is for medicine. It won't change my grades as I have As overall in both already?
If you don't know which exams you are going to resit there is nothing you need to do at this stage. When and if you do decide to resit exams, you will need to notify UCAS and your unis which ones. So if you have entered the module grades achieved that's fine - in any case a resit would be entered a second time with only the modules you plan to resit left as pending.

Original post by duckd0nald
Do I have to put GCSE retakes? I retook two exams in the Maths Linked Pair (Applications and Methods), one for each of Methods and Applications to get from an A to an A*.
Yes.

Original post by Ahem-
Right, im confused here. I resat Core 2 for AS Maths and got a better grade, how would i enter that?
See above.
Hi, sorry if this question has already been asked

I'm applying for English at Oxford and declared my AS modular grades on my UCAS form - I got A's in all my AS' but my modular grades weren't amazing at all (For History I still managed an A overall despite getting a C in the second paper - there are only two papers). A lot of my peers who are also applying to Oxford had similar issues - they had As but not spectacular As. They opted to leave the modular grade section blank. My question is, having offered my average modular grades compared to those who have the same modular grades who haven't, who will the admissions tutor give favor too? Will someone who hasn't put them down have advantage over mine? Have I disadvantaged myself by allowing my modular grades to be judged?
Need immediately help! I am now in A2 year and last year I took unit 1 bio in January 2015 and then I resat unit 1 in June 2015 and also sat unit 2 and unit 3 in June!! I have declared all my module grades but since that is not compulsory, do I need to enter my first unit 1 result that I took in january 2015?
Original post by Stef_11
Need immediately help! I am now in A2 year and last year I took unit 1 bio in January 2015 and then I resat unit 1 in June 2015 and also sat unit 2 and unit 3 in June!! I have declared all my module grades but since that is not compulsory, do I need to enter my first unit 1 result that I took in january 2015?

Original post by chanda01
Hi, if i'm applying post-A2, do I have to declare AS grades or just A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first post on this thread explains this.
Original post by PQ
The first post on this thread explains this.

I have asked this question on this thread before and someone answered me that I should only enter the certified mark( contributing marks of the module) to the As qualification and therefore I only sumbitted the one in January

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
You need to enter the most recent result
Original post by PlayerBB
I have asked this question on this thread before and someone answered me that I should only enter the certified mark( contributing marks of the module) to the As qualification and therefore I only sumbitted the one in January

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to enter the most recent result!
Original post by PlayerBB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes - as explained in the first post and in the UCAS blog guidance on entering grades.
Reply 151
Hello,
I have done enough maths modules for the whole qualification (C1-4, M1, S1) in year 12 but it has not been cashed in yet (on my results sheet it only had my cashed in AS scores and individual module marks) if I am resitting C3 and C4 as I got an A at first and want an A*, how do I enter this as currently I have entered it as 2 a levels but it then asks for two predicted grades. I thought I could enter them separately and have an A prediction for one and an A* for the other but my tutor said I can't do this. Do I need to officially state these results?
Thanks
Original post by PSGL
Hello,
I have done enough maths modules for the whole qualification (C1-4, M1, S1) in year 12 but it has not been cashed in yet (on my results sheet it only had my cashed in AS scores and individual module marks) if I am resitting C3 and C4 as I got an A at first and want an A*, how do I enter this as currently I have entered it as 2 a levels but it then asks for two predicted grades. I thought I could enter them separately and have an A prediction for one and an A* for the other but my tutor said I can't do this. Do I need to officially state these results?
Thanks

You've got a certified AS so enter that as it was cashed in.

You have a single pending A level. List it with the AS modules you aren't resitting and their actual grades and with pending results for the modules you're resitting.
Reply 153
Original post by PQ
You've got a certified AS so enter that as it was cashed in.

You have a single pending A level. List it with the AS modules you aren't resitting and their actual grades and with pending results for the modules you're resitting.

So I don't need to mention that I've done A2 maths? Do universities only receive cashed in results as I'm concerned this will count as hiding my grades
Original post by PSGL
So I don't need to mention that I've done A2 maths? Do universities only receive cashed in results as I'm concerned this will count as hiding my grades
if it isn't cashed in then it isn't certified or official so you must not include it. To do so would be claiming you have a qualification when you officially don't.
Reply 155
Original post by PQ
if it isn't cashed in then it isn't certified or official so you must not include it. To do so would be claiming you have a qualification when you officially don't.

I understand this but I am applying to a university that isn't too fond on resits so would they know I am resitting certain modules or to them would it look like I've only done the AS? Thanks for the quick responses also.
Original post by PSGL
I understand this but I am applying to a university that isn't too fond on resits so would they know I am resitting certain modules or to them would it look like I've only done the AS? Thanks for the quick responses also.

They'll just see what you put. The modules you're not resitting with their grades and the other modules as pending.
Original post by PQ

I don't know if my previous sixth-form cashed in my first year as results or not.
My results sheet only has UMS marks, didn't even have the courtesy to put the overall grades. Would I contact exam boards to see if my results from as were cashed in?
Original post by Windies
I don't know if my previous sixth-form cashed in my first year as results or not.
My results sheet only has UMS marks, didn't even have the courtesy to put the overall grades. Would I contact exam boards to see if my results from as were cashed in?

Contact the exams officer at your old sixth form. It sounds like they weren't cashed in on results day but they might have been done after if you left.
Reply 159
Say i got a D in Chem 1, i resat it last year and got a D and im resitting it again this year (gap year) do I need to enter the resit as well even though the grade is the same? And I retook chem2 and went from a U to an A, do i have to include the U as well? Thanks