Would you consider becoming a vegetarian?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spratty)
    Damn this half arsed thread that I created. So many replies
    I've been a vegetarian for 16 years. I love it. It's also because I hate the sight of meat and dead animals. Even McDonald's makes me a bit quesy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    I've been a vegetarian for 16 years. I love it. It's also because I hate the sight of meat and dead animals. Even McDonald's makes me a bit quesy.
    I've been vegetarian since birth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spratty)
    I've been vegetarian since birth
    Same here, pretty much!

:five:

ReputationRep:
    Where are the angry vegans at

ReputationRep:
    Vegan girl :wavey:

Prior to that I ate meat and dairy for 28 years. Never thought in a million years I'd go vegan....

I love it, I feel healthier, have even more energy and more mindful of my body. I eat plant-based for my body, moral and ethical reasons.

Eating purely plant-based is becoming so much more accessible, lots of restaurants now off vegan options - zizzis, pizza express, las iguanas....

No one really bats an eyelid anymore which is cool.

My husband still has some dairy and meat but not so much at home.... he eats vegan with me the majority of the time but picks and choose other options when he fancies it. He feels better for eating more veggie/ vegan food. When he has meat, it's organic and sourced from a farm shop.

I think people should eat what makes them feel healthy and energised - as natural as possible in terms of cooking from scratch. I dislike all the food judgement that goes on. Food is a really personal choice and it's not for anyone else to make comments or think they're better than anyone else because of what they eat.

ReputationRep:
    You definitely feel "cleaner" and healthier once you start a vegan diet for a few months. Tried that, felt better too!

petmate pet feeder

ReputationRep:
    I am 57 now and graduated to vegetarian food to lose weight. I finally gave up meat altogether. Imagining back to when I was a young student to be vegetarian would be difficult. It is partly life style, takeaway city is full of places for carnivores. It is partly money, being vegetarian is best if you can afford to eat higher quality food - which I can now at my age. On ethics, well I believe I should eat what I need and not waste food. I also believe that other carnivorous animals, like cats (who cannot recognise that a vegetable is edible), are part of an ecological system like humans. Humans, unlike cats, could choose to be vegetarian and survive, so eating animals can be challenged ethically maybe. But on balance I can't show an ethical red card to human carnivores. Especially, for example, say humans that are relatively poor, live by the sea, and survive on fish.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.