Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    What are you going to do in an actual job? Not work with men? What's the point of even being at uni.

You people are clueless.
    You people as in...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Lmao it wouldn't at all. What kind of planet are you living on?
    I live on planet Earth

ReputationRep:
    You said: "For obvious reasons I don't like working with guys and if it was my choice I would work with girls only"

Forget religion. How about trying to be a decent person who is not sexist and value every human irrespective of gender and treating everyone with respect and dignity? These a fundamental principles that all human beings should apply. So instead of posting comments like this on a thread work on being a decent person. It is not nice for the people you are working with.
    Oh and btw I'm asian, I treat everyone with respect. And i think you should do the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmith268)
    why tf do people care if she doesn't want to talk to guys? Stop attacking her and saying she should move to saudi arabia or drop out. She's gone to uni to get an education. She was just asking for advice because she doesn't feel very comfortable working with the guy, she hasn't refused to work with him ffs.
    What you said is partly true but refusing to work with someone just because they're a guy shows a real lack of moral principles and a brainwashed mentality/
    Would a doctor not treat someone because they're a girl/boy?! No! because they have respect and dignity.
    If she's not happy she shouldn't have gone to uni in this country. Its that simple. Because everyone in this country (except a few idiotic people) respects everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I posted a comment a few weeks ago saying that its wrong to label this 'Muslims only' and then cry about equality! but can't you see this thread is just gonna turn into a debate on Islam as a religion, there are already people slating the religion. I am not religious, nor a Muslim. However my 3 best friends are and 2 of them are girls. I was offended by this post but im more offended of people attacking other people(s) religion.

(Original post by DeclanThatcher)
    Guys, I posted a comment a few weeks ago saying that its wrong to label this 'Muslims only' and then cry about equality! but can't you see this thread is just gonna turn into a debate on Islam as a religion, there are already people slating the religion. I am not religious, nor a Muslim. However my 3 best friends are and 2 of them are girls. I was offended by this post but im more offended of people attacking other people(s) religion.
    As a muslim, I think its fine to criticise religion. In fact, I like it when people do, it opens discussion, and allows room for growth. Some ideas need to be challenged.
    When someone crticises Islam it shouldnt be a problem, I like providing counter arguments and educating people on my faith. If we silence peoples opinions then we cant challenge them and thats how we create ignorant people.

Its not a big deal
    really

Clearly incompatible with Brexit values
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.