Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heskey has experience few others have, and has this season been playing as well as any striker in the Prem. Him and Owen was a great partnership for club and country. You have a misfiring side against relative soft opposition. Try and guarantee some points with tried and tested or hope you stumble across a strike partnership between 2 guys with no experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewy!)
    Heskey has experience few others have, and has this season been playing as well as any striker in the Prem. Him and Owen was a great partnership for club and country. You have a misfiring side against relative soft opposition. Try and guarantee some points with tried and tested or hope you stumble across a strike partnership between 2 guys with no experience?
    Correct. You could not have put it any better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)
    Probably because I've watched him play a lot - and so there's obviously more chance of me knowing more about him than someone who plays for another club.
    Well you should have spotted that he's always been pretty crap then

He's fat, he's slow, his touch and passing is poor, he isnt really a creator and his goal scoring ratio is terrible. What more do you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    Depends which Heskey turns up to be honest, he's one of the most hit and miss players in the premiership, on his day he's a world beater and no defenders can match him, but then you get the other side where he just completely disapears from the game.
    When he shows up, he really shows up.

I'm sure he'll be relishing this opportunity, so I'm pretty sure he'll be giving his all today. I just hope England show up :rolleyes:

Heskey FGSC @ 7/1 heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Well you should have spotted that he's always been pretty crap then

He's fat, he's slow, his touch and passing is poor, he isnt really a creator and his goal scoring ratio is terrible. What more do you want?
    Thought so. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)
    Thought so. Thank you.
    Reminds me of Craptista tbh

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather Johnson played. Don't see the point of bringing Heskey in for one game against some minnows that we should beat with ease. Has McClaren forgotton his sole contribution to Euro 2004 was getting us beaten by France? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewy!)
    If he does well today, i'll be more happy for him than anyone.

Predictions, anyone?

England 2-1 Israel
    Owen FGS

ReputationRep:
    3-0, Owen, Gerrard and Wright-Phillips.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, have a feeling Gerrard will score too. Owen & Stevie my two scorers.

ReputationRep:
    3-0
    Owen, Heskey & Gerrard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I'd rather Johnson played. Don't see the point of bringing Heskey in for one game against some minnows that we should beat with ease. Has McClaren forgotton his sole contribution to Euro 2004 was getting us beaten by France? :rolleyes:
    Should have indeed, but we never do :mad:

We should be beating these teams easily, but we don't.

ReputationRep:
    Where's Michael Ricketts when you need him...

McClaren has no clue; but everyone knew that to begin with. First Beckham and now Heskey...going backwards. I hope the lads do the business tonight, but I can't help feeling pessimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Where's Michael Ricketts when you need him...

McClaren has no clue; but everyone knew that to begin with. First Beckham and now Heskey...going backwards. I hope the lads do the business tonight, but I can't help feeling pessimistic.
    Oldham Athletic. Played 1 scored 1.

ReputationRep:
    Even if this was 6 years ago:

Germany 1-5 England

England scorers: Owen 12', Gerrard 45', Owen 48', Owen 66' and Heskey 74'

(Note: Gerrard's stunning 30-yard strike, Heskey's precise header down to assist Owen & funnily enough, you even see McClaren there too)

..all the scorers will be playing today.

So, change of prediction, fudgers.

Owen hat-trick & Gerrard and Heskey to score again aswell. 5-0 England :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    No Robbie Fowler, Nicky Barmby or Stevie Mac tho One Owen Hargreaves came on in the 78th minute iirc.

ReputationRep:
    Infact, only one Liverpool player today in Steven Gerrard, is it? :\

ReputationRep:

Hand's off, son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)
    Infact, only one Liverpool player today in Steven Gerrard, is it? :\
    One United player too, most likely

ReputationRep:
    I dunno whether to watch today's match, or to watch the England rugby game.. that shows how much I'm getting fed up of watching the England football team, lol. I might watch the footie just cos Gerrard's playing and I can see him scoring.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.