Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    I think it is fair to say you are in a significant minority!
    I drink, no doubt about that, I just don't drink to the point where I get drunk. (and often never get close)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shrayans)
    :rofl:
    Been MUNing recently? Its a great place to meet people you know, made loads of friends there on the weekend, it was an absolute laugh. In the GA i kept putting motions to table the resolution or go into voting, it was just so funny to see the GS banging away to keep in order
    I used to be big-time in MUN :P student officer four times, once Exec at THIMUN Singapore, founded KLMUN...then I was forced to quit by the parents but I'm hoping to restart at the LSE (if i get the grades...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Admonitor)
    I drink, no doubt about that, I just don't drink to the point where I get drunk. (and often never get close)
    Same here. Only ever been drunk once, and it's a horrible horrible feeling during and after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Edwinnator)
    I used to be big-time in MUN :P student officer four times, once Exec at THIMUN Singapore, founded KLMUN...then I was forced to quit by the parents but I'm hoping to restart at the LSE (if i get the grades...)
    I really want to continue as well!! We can start a new soc if there isn't one there already for this! Lets just get the grades and then we can debate!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I really want to continue as well!! We can start a new soc if there isn't one there already for this! Lets just get the grades and then we can debate!!!!!
    There's one already they host LIMUN (London Intl' MUN) for university students!

ReputationRep:
    well, the LSE and the other members of the London Big Four..If I'm not mistaken last year King's hosted it...

ReputationRep:
    There's one already they host LIMUN (London Intl' MUN) for university students!
    Amazing, will defo join if I get there
    *hurries back to some work to make sure he gets there *

ReputationRep:
    I did it in year 9 and year 12 so I'd love to give it another go :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashmir.noir)
    And on the Freshers 2008 list on facebook, I was stalking through the pictures (yes because i'm like that) and I found this reeeeeeeallllllly hot guy..

Can I invite him to this night out when I get to LSE?
    Yes :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callipygian)
    Yes :coma:
    :rofl:
    Shows no interest now, but wait the day when they meet.... and then.... suddenly Callipy's eyes widen.... she sees that guy and starts drooling and forgets her mismannerisms with Kash and runs (obviously in Baywatch style) up to the guy to introduce herself.

Unfortunately, he is already dancing with Kash and doesn't take notice of her

ReputationRep:
    All this talk of not drinking surely shouldn't be on a 'piss-up' thread?! And there was me thinking it was going to be a wild night out... :P

and btw, does anyone know if it's true that the first year doesn't count towards your final degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champagnebubble)
    All this talk of not drinking surely shouldn't be on a 'piss-up' thread?! And there was me thinking it was going to be a wild night out... :P

and btw, does anyone know if it's true that the first year doesn't count towards your final degree?
    Well, it is a night out thread too! :p:

And I think its only for Law that the first year doesn't count - for all other subjects it does.

ReputationRep:
    Same here. Only ever been drunk once, and it's a horrible horrible feeling during and after.
    What?! How can you drink and not get drunk? I feel a little tipsy after a pint or two, you can't tell me that that is a horrible feeling! Granted the morning isn't a laugh haha.

ReputationRep:
    What I don't understand is, don't your parents tell you off for coming home in a drunken state, sleeping late the next day and when you wake up you are in a cranky state? I mean if you didn't do those things and still went out and got drunk fine, but its like you are infringing your parents house rights so to say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mypaperheart)
    Well, it is a night out thread too! :p:

And I think its only for Law that the first year doesn't count - for all other subjects it does.
    Tis true. We can do mocktails too then!

I wonder why they only do it for law? Oh well, looks like the work really will begin in October!

ReputationRep:
    What I don't understand is, don't your parents tell you off for coming home in a drunken state, sleeping late the next day and when you wake up you are in a cranky state? I mean if you didn't do those things and still went out and got drunk fine, but its like you are infringing your parents house rights so to say?
    My parents are usually asleep when I come home/I stay at someone elses house. Since it's usually a Sunday the next day they couldn't care what time I get up and I am never cranky when hungover, just a bit quieter than normal. I still get good results etc. so they can't complain really!

ReputationRep:
    My parents are usually asleep when I come home/I stay at someone elses house. Since it's usually a Sunday the next day they couldn't care what time I get up and I am never cranky when hungover, just a bit quieter than normal. I still get good results etc. so they can't complain really!
    Fair enough. So you get in the house without making noise? Now thats a feat I couldn't imagine :p:

So what about your friend's parents? Its the same thing right?

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I think it's just a mutual respect thing. It was always the agreement that as long as I kept up with work and still got good grades, then I was allowed to blow off steam any way I wanted. Plus my parents used to be party animals so they completely understand how important the work hard, play hard balance is!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. So you get in the house without making noise? Now thats a feat I couldn't imagine :p:

So what about your friend's parents? Its the same thing right?
    Yeah I'm usually quiet when I get in; most of my mates parents have the same sought of attitude, it's not like we are going out getting ratted every night and they appreciate that now we are 18 we should be allowed a little space.

ReputationRep:
    I think that my parents would actually kill me if they found me drinking...I mean my sister is 24 and they know that she drinks but she would still never actually drink in front of them/come home drunk and she doesn't live with us anymore.

I have lovely but strict parents (although my excuse is that we're Asian :p: ) so my plan is to crash at a friend's house after parties etc. and then buy my friend's something lovely as a thank you for putting up with my drunken state for so long!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.