• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    It made me picture things in that second that I really did not want to!

I kept waiting for something to happen in this episode, I'm a bit gutted after watching it, third episode until the end and the Doctor and Rose had a combined screen time of about 40 seconds

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had this sort of mental image in my head of....well...something a bit like that scene out of American Pie....

ReputationRep:
    I think that could be the very worst Dr Who of the past two series, didnt like it one bit.

ReputationRep:
    it was awful, dreadfully boring, and just stupid at the start with the running, it was just crap the whole way through, i was very dissapointed!

ReputationRep:
    My God, that was even worse than Boom Town from the last series...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip67)
    it was awful, dreadfully boring, and just stupid at the start with the running, it was just crap the whole way through, i was very dissapointed!
    That was both my brothers' opinions too. To be honest, the last 15 minutes were the only parts I watched properly. Even then, I thought it could have been a lot better.

What I did find interesting was when the guy said that people who are with the doctor or are touched by the doctor or something will have bad stuff happen. He wondered when the sort of thing that happened to him would happen to Rose and Jackie. Sort of made me think more towards Rose dying.
    By the way, were the group becoming sort of like the torchwood society? Or was the Absorbaloff after the doctor for only his own reasons?

ReputationRep:
    Worst episode yet! I was so dissapointed, whats the point of dr who with hardly and dr! Peter kay made me laugh at times, but not enough for the episode to be any good!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i agree, in my opinion, yesterdays episode was the worst episode so far this series. It wasn't that enjoyable or exciting- The Doctor and Rose hardly appeared in it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yesterdays episode was the first one i have ever seen. I thought it was alright, but i havn't seen any others to compare it too.

I only watched it because of Peter Kay. Yeh, was a bit dodgy at the end, having a 'Love Life' with a paving slab. :rofl:

Might watch some more Dr. Who if i get really bored on a saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    Yesterdays episode was the first one i have ever seen. I thought it was alright, but i havn't seen any others to compare it too.
    Honestly, it was the worst episode of the revival by far. If you thought it was even moderately good, then I suggest you keep watching, as it can only get better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashshashin)
    Honestly, it was the worst episode of the revival by far. If you thought it was even moderately good, then I suggest you keep watching, as it can only get better.
    I think i might do, ive never been remotely interested in Dr. Who, but after seeing this one, it has kind of caught my attention. Ive missed alot of episodes, so i don't really have a clue what is going on. Ill try and read up on it somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmm.... it was defenitely an interesting idea, only expected of Russell T Davies...but there was something lacking a bit. Peter Kay was excellent at what he did, as well as the guy off Hustle, but it was a bit too goofy e.g. scooby-doo running scene at the beginning,:p: and "Tastes like chicken", I even expected the Benny Hill theme tune to start up when the Absobalov was chasing the main guy.:rofl:

I think it was better than you lot make out though, it was just different that's all. And don't complain the Doctor and Rose had no screentime - it was an anomalous episode, not necessarily a bad one (wasn't great though, and worst one this series is still the 1950s TV one - this is a close second though)

And wtf is up with the ELO tunes? I'm guessing that's RTD's favourite band:p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I don't want Rose to die, I hate it when characters are killed off.

Anyway, initially I didn't like the last episode, but I watched it again on BBC3 and I've actually realised just how effective it is. "We forget because we must"- still brings a lump to my throat.

I think it was better than you lot make out though, it was just different that's all. And don't complain the Doctor and Rose had no screentime - it was an anomalous episode, not necessarily a bad one
    Yeah I competely agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    This week: Drawings, girl with powers, red eyes in cabinet and London Olympics, all in the same year as Dalek is set in and when Adam Mitchall is from.

Next Week: Torchwood FINALLY makes an appearance, as do Cybermen that actually recognise the Doctor as an "enemy of the Cyber race"

Either Rose DOES get killed or is injured to such an extent to prevent her from joining the Doctor after the two parter (Satan could've been lying about her death or she could've died, but got resusitated with some trauma).

As for Absorbaloff of Klom - Twin planet of Raxacoricofallapatorius (homeworld of the Slitheen Family), He sounded a bit like Fat ******* from Austin Powers (as in "Get in ma bell-ay"). if he spits at Raxacoricofallapatorius, it sounds like a reference of North - South England Attitudes towards each other (the accents also seem to reflect this).

The Cybermen have Time Travel capability and they should look different to the ones shown in Rise of the Cybermen / Age of Steel and armed with better weapons than the "Shock Gauntlets".

Torchwood's possible actions concerning the Doctor include:

1 - They'll try to kill him and end up getting killed themselves by the Cybermen.
    2 - They'll try to kill him and then decide to use him to defeat the Cybermen.
    3 - They'll keep him locked up until some circumstances allow him to break out of his cell.
    4 - They'll keep him locked up, but free him for his advice on dealing with Cybermen.
    5a - They'll get him to help them against the Cybermen as he has helped UNIT before against them (See: The Invasion) and the Doctor is willing to help them against one of his deadlist enemies.
    5b - same as 5a, but Torchwood threatens Rose's life to get the Doctor to help them.

One question about Torchwood is "Will they be capable of anything that they can do to destroy threats to Britain?" Either they were waiing for the Sycorax Ship to leave before using the beam weapon or they didn't know that the Doctor had dealt with them and were just following orders.

ReputationRep:
    The only good part for me was Peter Kay; "Don't touch me I have severe excema" It's just the way he said excema!

ReputationRep:
    how many episodes are left in the current series?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mouse89)
    how many episodes are left in the current series?
    Three.

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* I haven't even watched Saturday's episode yet, you guys have put me off

ReputationRep:
    just wondered if anyone knows the answer to this.
    if the doctor can travel anywhere in space or time, why can't he stop the daleks from ever being created in the first place and prevent the war between his people from occuring? surely they would all be alive then? also why can't he go back in time, visit his home planet and get the tardis fixed so that it isn't a blue box anymore?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    because that'd just be too easy :p:

i assume there is a reason like the doctor had to destroy that section of time or something silly like that

that's a lovely little poem in your sig by the way

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.