Zombies have uprisen... Watch

laced
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Quick question: can zombies climb stairs? Surely they wouldn't be able to climb them quickly, even if they could?
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
They can climb stairs. Clumsily, but they can do it.
laura-rad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what happens if you put like a babygate at the bottom of the stairs? would they be able to open it? :p:
laced
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well in that case I may find my friends/family that aren't infected and race to the top of a very tall building and barricade myself in. Hopefully they'll give up before they reach the top!
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
They'd rip it down or climb over it, most likely.

Zombies have no concept of pain or of tiredness. They are motivated by the desire to taste human flesh and will not voluntarily stop this.
Grace Under Pressure
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd firstly thank my good fortune as i've been waiting a while now for a zombie outbreak. Firstly, i'd contact one of my best friends, with whom we made the agreement that if either of us died during a zombie outbreak our manlihood would be stripped from us.

Anyway, i'd gather a few weapons i have at home, bats and the like and find our nearest arms store. I'd also nip down to my local Tesco and grab a few supplies, chocolate - for energy, water and whatever first aid supplies i could gather.

Upon arrival at the fine arms store, i'd find myself 2 Desert Eagle magnums, an M4, a double barrel shotgun - for close encounters, a few grenades and a sh&t load of ammo. At all times keeping hold of my trusty swiss army knife.

Our next destination would be to my high school, where along the way we'd pick up and survivors and hopefully some attractive females (we may need to repopulate the earth). Once there, i'd plant claymores at the entrance and proceed to barricade all the doors. I'd quickly run over to the teacher's lounge, because i've always wanted to go in there, and wait for the whole thing to blow over.

:indiff:
Grace Under Pressure
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by laura-rad)
what happens if you put like a babygate at the bottom of the stairs? would they be able to open it? :p:
It depends really. Are we talking Resident Evil zombies or 28 days later zombies? The latter would rip through the babygate, where the former wouldn't have a clue what was going on.
screenager
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am impressed with the response to this thread, it is good to know TSR members spend their time thinking about important things like this. We need to get an alien invasion thread set up, the world will require our leadership if we don't want to be farmed and aliens are a bit scarier than zombies, they move quickly in films.
Grace Under Pressure
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by screenager)
I am impressed with the response to this thread, it is good to know TSR members spend their time thinking about important things like this. We need to get an alien invasion thread set up, the world will require our leadership if we don't want to be farmed and aliens are a bit scarier than zombies, they move quickly in films.
I don't think an alien invasion would be as much fun, more terrifying. A zombie attack though is basically a moving shooting range.

Saying that i would love to fight aliens Independence day style.
redbluegreen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd join the Zombies. Why back a losing side?
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Having read the zombie survival guide several time I have plans ready to put into action!

I barricade my windows and doors, transfer all food provisions and water into the loft, collect my sporting bow and wood axe from the garage using the inside door, go up into the loft, close the loft hatch, and wait for them to bugger off.

Survivors running around outside will lead the zombies elsewhere allowing me to live in peace in my mini fortress. Huzzah!
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://lh3.ggpht.com/iKitten.sapphir...3389874778.jpg
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmm.. find the nearest gun shop, like the one in birmingham, and go on a rampage through the city centre, with a tactical 12 guage (wishful thinking, i know) then hole up somewhere nice and cosy, like the winchester
eDDeboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Steal a VW Transporter sportline for its power and storage space.

Load up on supplies and pick a couple of local survivors.

Drive through zombies to the airport.

Take the guns left on the floor by the zombified armed police officers.

Take a helicopter to the nearest military base.

Call in Air Force One using a fake presidential distress signal.

Ride it out in style for a few days
LieDown
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by screenager)
Oh yeah, we focus on the more important things in life. Bet we could beat the next online student forum hands down at planning-for-a-zombie-uprising haha
my:favorite:things...
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have been considering, what if your family are not with you and are zombiefied but then come home due to some innate homing mechanism? Would you be able to shoot/decapitate your former relatives and friends or would someone else have to do it for you?
i think i'd be having an 'oooh nooo, he's my brother :cry: but could i finish him off?!' dilemma.
Nath_england
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Upon arrival at the fine arms store, i'd find myself 2 Desert Eagle magnums, an M4, a double barrel shotgun - for close encounters, a few grenades and a sh&t load of ammo. At all times keeping hold of my trusty swiss army knife.
Im sure you'll get them types of guns in this country.

All you need to do is get to the least densly populated place and build a survivors colony.
Varsity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some questions:
Do you stay or go? Stay. I live in a three story terrace house, so I could happily destroy the stairs and have two levels to live in. Then I could use the loft space to move through all the houses in my street knocking out the stairs and living on the supplies there/meeting other survivors.

What weapons do you use? I happen to have a fair amount of tools in my house, the best being a sledge hammer and two axes (short and long handle). I think I could do some damage to any shifties that tried to get to me.

What provisions do you take? If I had time to prepare (say a few says) I would try and secure myself an electric generator and plenty of fuel (also an exercise bike so I can hook it up2 the generator and provide my own electricity)
I would also try to get myself a fair few things I can place on the roof to catch water, and of course lots of food.
I have a CB radio so I should be able to keep in touch with people. Depending on how far the rule of law has descended I would also take a stroll down to the police station in town and try to raid the arms locker + get myself some riot gear.
Other major requirements? GAMES! Your worst enemy in this situation would be boredom I think.

How do you try to make contact with family / friends etcetera? Would try to get hold of them in the opening days, but I am guessing communication would be cut off and my family live at the other end of the country to me

What transport do you use?
Something big, heavy and with a high driving position.
Gourdman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Grace Under Pressure)

:indiff:
Why grenades? They'd only work against 28-Zombies which are technically alive and would die from sufficient shrapnel intake. Against D-Zombies you'd need a decap which would be really unlikely with a frag grenade. Although the claymores might sufficiently gib them to prevent them being a threat.
John Locke
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gourdman)
Why grenades? They'd only work against 28-Zombies which are technically alive and would die from sufficient shrapnel intake. Against D-Zombies you'd need a decap which would be really unlikely with a frag grenade. Although the claymores might sufficiently gib them to prevent them being a threat.
ah, but the claymores tripping would give you warning that the zombies were coming and would give you at least a little time to gather some stuff and run. The grenades I'm guessing would be used much in the same way, merely as a stalling tactic, the frags might not kill them but they'd at least hold them up for a bit (possibly throwing the front line backwards making them fall over, thus forming a human blockade) .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.3%
No - but I will (38)
7.01%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (255)
47.05%

Watched Threads