July, 30th (Wednesday) (7)
10%
July, 31st (Thursday) (10)
14.29%
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Jangrafess)
Footie meets > subs meets, by a million miles.
w00t Michael :five:
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At the footie meets we're all unified by something that's bigger than all of us, but touches us all. NO, not Elton John. Football.

There are few better ways to meet some new randoms than by doing battle with them on the pitch with the odd exchanges typical of a match, and then chilling down and getting to know at the pub afterwards.

I can imagine what the subs meetings, new and old would be like... And quite frankly, it terrifies me.

I'm not saying I don't like people in general... I just like to know that they have something about them, other than a love for reputation which they may well equate to their social standing in this world, or the one outside a 17" (probably bigger) monitor.

Sweeping generalisation... but I reckon it's widely applicable nonetheless.

Football meets, rock my ****ing redsox. Well, I rocked hers a little (I'm still sorry!!)
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
Everything Robbie says is true. Although I do like the subs meets as well, they're a little harder to get into. There's more standing about wondering whether you should mention that you've negged xxx_lilmissbucketfanny_xxx.
Throwback
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you think you'll be going to that Wetherspoons again? If so, I may pop in as I'm working just around the corner now :jiggy:
Jangrafess
Report 10 years ago
The one at Marble Arch? It's a distinct possibility. And woo, you changed your name back.
Throwback
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The one at Marble Arch? It's a distinct possibility. And woo, you changed your name back.
Yeah, the one we went to last time in Marble Arch...

And yeah, the grass wasn't greener on the other side :p:
Jangrafess
Report 10 years ago
Forgive me, I can't remember which meet is which anymore.

It never is. Username changes suck.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Having went to quite a number of both (including some of the older sub meets), i do have to say that footie meets are far better. Mostly because we are actually going to them to do something, as well as just meet up with each other. I don't think there has been any sub meet that i have been to, where we actually did something besides standing around for hours, going and eating somewhere (most of the time not where we intended to), then going to the marble arch wetherspoons.

Nothing against subs, but you are far more likely to meet people that you don't get along with, or even have no idea who they are, and most of the time to me thats more of a chore than fun.
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To add fuel to the fire...

Having been to one football meet and many subs meets, I personally prefer the latter. Partly because I'm not the hugest fan of football, and partly because I spend so much time in the subs' area that I know lots of subs and am very good friends with them. Contrasting to this, I never venture into Football except for this thread (I barely enter Sports - only for tennis!) so I don't really know the people I'm meeting. This isn't to say that I don't have a good time with them - it's always nice to meet new people and chat with them - but I know the subs a lot better before the meet itself.

Just my two cents
theredsox
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
Football meets, rock my ****ing redsox. Well, I rocked hers a little (I'm still sorry!!)
I like the mention. (That's OK! My toes where Eru stepped on them hurt far longer than the football to the head!)

It's fair enough, Vessiekins, that you'd prefer the sub meets, but personally I do prefer the fact that footie meets have a purpose. Also I do find them more fun.
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I still think you lot are wicked and will try and make it

(I wish it was this sunday. This sunday would be the best :puppyeyes:)
fps_cam
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
What's a sub meet please? Is it where mods meet up?
Jangrafess
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fps_cam)
What's a sub meet please? Is it where mods meet up?
Nah, it's where the subscribers meet up. (People with coloured usernames and more priveleges, including a low moderation forum and a shoutbox.

(Original post by Vesta)
Contrasting to this, I never venture into Football except for this thread (I barely enter Sports - only for tennis!) so I don't really know the people I'm meeting. This isn't to say that I don't have a good time with them - it's always nice to meet new people and chat with them - but I know the subs a lot better before the meet itself.
I know the subs better too. I don't post that much in football except for the meet and tournament type threads.
Rafa
Sub meets just scare me to be honest, hence why i've not been to any
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by theredsox)
I like the mention. (That's OK! My toes where Eru stepped on them hurt far longer than the football to the head!)

It's fair enough, Vessiekins, that you'd prefer the sub meets, but personally I do prefer the fact that footie meets have a purpose. Also I do find them more fun.
Obviously because I'm there
fps_cam
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Nah, it's where the subscribers meet up. (People with coloured usernames and more priveleges, including a low moderation forum and a shoutbox.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up
Rafa
ANNOUNCEMENT:

I rang up Mile End for the pitches today and this is the pricing etc.
  • 11-a-side (hard astro) for 90min - £106
  • 7-a-side (astroturf) for 60min - £53.30

I'm going to go ahead and book the 7-a-side pitch for 2 hours, which will cost us £106.60

It's really important that i get people to PM who are definitely coming so i can work out how much people will need to pay.

Thanks!
Escorcio
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Considering coming, will blades be alright to wear there?
Rafa
(Original post by Escorcio)
Considering coming, will blades be alright to wear there?
Yeah, it'll be fine. :yy:
Jangrafess
Report 10 years ago
Mother ****er, that's a fair amount of money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
40.16%
No - but I will (12)
4.82%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (121)
48.59%

Watched Threads