Why CAN'T you apply to both Oxford and Cambridge? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Smeh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nexttime)
Feel free! Free lunches always go down well :p: . I'm impressed you managed to get about so many colleges - was pretty hot too lol. Anything stand out in particular? Give Merton a visit??

Didn't actually make it to merton unfortunealtey (meh it's 1 in the morning) and really towards the end I was walking the the colleges, picking up the prospectus and walking straight back out lol.
I don't see why there was so much emphasis on booking a college visit though. Everywhere I went except Wadham let me have a look around or were even offering tours and i'd got so wound up before hand cause i thought i wouldn't get to do anything but yeah it was much better than i expected it to be...maybe it was the nice weather :p:
bluemax
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hey guysch im kl)
Thats not correct. Every other university gives out more offers than they have places, so people that are good enough to get offers from more than one uni do not miss out. For example, both LSE and UCL Economics give out 3 times as many offers as places per year, as they know that only 1/3 of the offers they give out (roughly) will choose them and then make the AAA requirement.

I don't see why Oxbridge can't do the same.
Could be possible. But with Oxbridge you never know whats on their mind.
tomtom:)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Because they're enemies!!!! :p:
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nuodai)
Having looked at the amount of bickering on the last page or so I'm glad I didn't read through it.
I sympathise with that sentiment. I think a few people missed their bedtime.
T-Dog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can apply to both as most people know, as an undergraduate, as an organ scholar...So how does UCAS know that? The last I knew if you enter something UCAS doesn't like it comes up with an error but you can choose to ignore it...Who wants to test?
LizB
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Kitten killer!:eek:

Have a look at this:
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...ply/organ.html
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Antimatter)
:love:

Also, how does UCAS know if you're an organ scholar? </random>
As an organ scholar you 'apply' a long time before the actual Oxford deadline. You go down for the interviews and auditions at both, and accept a place at one college. Then you 'apply' to whichever university that comes from, knowing that you already have an offer.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (122)
39.74%
No - but I will (16)
5.21%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.51%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.53%

Watched Threads