?
Report 10 years ago
Just brilliant. The best ever final.
John Locke
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Amazing final, I'm glad Nadal won - he was the better player.
Creative
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jomo)
And I don't even LIKE tennis!

Well.. you do now, or you better! :hmmm:
kevster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Greatleysteg)
I think your red gems indicate your popularity on these fora, so to say any more would be surplus to requirement.
if you think you are going to persuade me to stop posting then your wrong bucko. Unfortunately, I am not as naive as yourself and what others think of me does and will not deter me

i.e. DEAL WITH IT.
Bedshaped
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*ejaculates*
KwungSun
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ekalB)
Nooo
Bjorn Borg from Sweden won Wimbledon 5 or 6 times
Federer had his chance to beat that record today, but I think he will win it again sometime and beat Bjons record
I don't think winning Wimbledon is the only thing that decides how good a player is.

Also Pete Sampras won it 7 times so by that measure Sampras is the best player of all time.

Also Borg won it 5 times, same as Federer. Can't really see how you wouldn't have picked up on that given they were stating every 5 minutes on TV:
Melly West
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really didn't mind who won, I wanted Fed to get his 6th title, but I was also seriously rooting for Nadal.
Reagan Smash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm a bit disappointed that Federer didn't win because I've backed him since his 2003 BUT it was the BEST final I have ever seen, it was excellent and can't believe I've just spent over 6 hours watching the tv! Well done to Nadal for beating Federer... but argh I'm gitted he didn't beat Borg's record!!!
Andrew_2006
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be honest the pundits were right, Federer really didn't have enough in the tank and Nadal has improved immensely on grass.

I can't help thinking that the grass game has been ruined by the slower balls and thicker grass. Yes it's become better for the spectator, but now there is little difference between a synthetic court and grass. I mean are we going to start making clay faster to suit the likes of federer?

In all honest i can't see Federer ever coming back from this defeat..Like Federer took over from Sampras, this for me is the turning point for Nadal. He has beaten him on every surface..job done.
SmellyCat16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jomo)
:O :O :O !!

And I can't believe I wasted my entire afternoon watching it.

And I don't even LIKE tennis!
dont worry you didn't waste your afternoon watching classic sport
MathematicalMind
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This match is going to be remembered forever and ever! I'm so glad Rafa won, he totally deserved it! Did anyone else feel the crowd were a bit biased towards Federer though? Or am I just imagining things because I was supporting Nadal...
TwoNineOne
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
good game

welldone Nadal
Andrew_2006
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i heard loads of people cheering for Rafa.

Whilst Rafa played unbelievably well, we must spare a thought for Roger. He came from 2 sets down and was obviously not playing well. As Jimmy Mac once said it's not how good your good days are but how bad your bad days are. It's clear Federer had extreme mental resilience to fight through his patchy shotmaking.
KwungSun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MathematicalMind)
This match is going to be remembered forever and ever! I'm so glad Rafa won, he totally deserved it! Did anyone else feel the crowd were a bit biased towards Federer though? Or am I just imagining things because I was supporting Nadal...
I think you're right but I think it was more because they wanted to see Federer break records and extend his streak than any mean spirit towards Nadal.
KwungSun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Andrew_2006)
To be honest the pundits were right, Federer really didn't have enough in the tank and Nadal has improved immensely on grass.

I can't help thinking that the grass game has been ruined by the slower balls and thicker grass. Yes it's become better for the spectator, but now there is little difference between a synthetic court and grass. I mean are we going to start making clay faster to suit the likes of federer?

In all honest i can't see Federer ever coming back from this defeat..Like Federer took over from Sampras, this for me is the turning point for Nadal. He has beaten him on every surface..job done.
I really hope you're wrong. I think Federer is so close to cementing his status as the best player of all time, but if he drops into relative obscurity now it would be less clear-cut. I fear you might be right though. Then again, Federer had health problems this year, so if he can return to form by next year this thing might not be over yet.
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ekalB)
:| I missed it because I'm too generous and let my sister switch the channel when it was raining to much and I forgot to check if they had started playing again!
Haha! I think the sig of the person below you is appropriate! :p:
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont think EPIC does it for me, it was the best game of tennis Ive ever seen, period.

I watch tennis mainly when Wimbledon's on and I was so wrapped into the game alongside my brother, we both wanted Federer to win. Nadal started off well and seemed he would cruise to win but props to Fed for coming back.

Some of Nadal's baseline shots were out of this world at times, but Federer played some top notch shots to save the match. Nadal looks to have got the knack of beating Federer, he's got an excellent record against him.

Congrats to Rafa but you could tell the defeat really hurt Roger and no doubt he'll be back.
ramzwj
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
I dont think EPIC does it for me, it was the best game of tennis Ive ever seen, period.

I watch tennis mainly when Wimbledon's on and I was so wrapped into the game alongside my brother, we both wanted Federer to win. Nadal started off well and seemed he would cruise to win but props to Fed for coming back.

Some of Nadal's baseline shots were out of this world at times, but Federer played some top notch shots to save the match. Nadal looks to have got the knack of beating Federer, he's got an excellent record against him.

Congrats to Rafa but you could tell the defeat really hurt Roger and no doubt he'll be back.

I know - but the match was on epic status when i started the thread. |Don't knnow how to change the title to something even more dramatic.
Cerulean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ramzwj)
I know -but the match was on epic status when i started the thread. Don't knnow how to change the title to something even more dramatic.
Haha, so true. It was unbelieveable, the most amazing match ever. It kept going on and on (5+ hours guys!) but at the same time I didn't want it to end because it was so good. It'll go down in WIimbledon history as one of the greatest mens' finals.

How d'you think the weather breaks affected the players?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads