Your school is bait.
what's your point?
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Because it has happened to me soooo many times before.
This is going to sound arrogant and racist and please understand that I'm really not.
But I have several friends who I think (and others too have said) are far less attractive than me, and one in particular is a complete ***** and has a terrible personality - insecure and arrogant at the same time. Tbh we're not friends anyomore (but thats another story).

There have been times when we have liked the same guy and they almost always go for her, which I and many others fail to understand - to quote a firend, I am 'hotter nicer and all round better' than her.
The only conclusion I can find is that guys (especially white ones) are predisposed to go for girls of the same race...
its cos shes a ****
shellyanne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay then...
I've highlighted the bits where you've made STUPID grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors... Because if I'm being honest they make me less inclined to listen to the utter rubbish that you wrote. You sound incredibly bitter - did you get rejected from Oxford or something, because if you did, I don't think that atrocious syntax would have helped.

That aside, I think you have completely and utterly missed the point of my post. I wasn't fishing for compliments, and you're clearly not intelligent enough to grasp the finer subtleties of the discussion at hand in this thread.

So just do us all a favour and get out.
I'm dyslexic, says in my signiture,,,

xXx I am dyslexic. Please don't have a go at my spelling. xXx

Learn to read fool. And i didnt get rejected from oxford, I would never ever apply there. why would you even bring oxford into this post. oh yeah cos your BOASTING again, quit braggin! your boring, whinginng and just a pain. Get over being black it aint a disibility!
NW8_SW1_EC3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shellyanne)
I'm dyslexic, says in my signiture,,,

xXx I am dyslexic. Please don't have a go at my spelling. xXx

Learn to read fool. And i didnt get rejected from oxford, I would never ever apply there. why would you even bring oxford into this post. oh yeah cos your BOASTING again, quit braggin! your boring, whinginng and just a pain. Get over being black it aint a disibility!
LMAO!
Cupid Stunt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shellyanne)
What a BOASTING, SELF CENTRED and SHOW OFF thread. I've hightligted the bits where your being self absorbed, bragging and generaly showing off. plus your at oxfdord, what are we meant to be? impressed? impressed that a black girl got in? dont be so stupid.

This has NOTHING to do with race, it's just a chance for you to push yourself up and makes yourseld feel better. Your fishing for compluiments, and i aint giveing them.

Its nothing to do with colour of your skin so dont even dare bring this into it. thats the general behavor of a self obbsessed, shallow, fools.

People will like u if ya black, white, yello, green. stop being so self piting.
Damn straight! I agree 100% with that post. It doesn't matter if your black or white... The OP sounds like the type of girl I loathe, I would avoid at all costs then be labelled racist for doing so. Sorry, it's just my view.

But I agree.

Okay then...
I've highlighted the bits where you've made STUPID grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors... Because if I'm being honest they make me less inclined to listen to the utter rubbish that you wrote. You sound incredibly bitter - did you get rejected from Oxford or something, because if you did, I don't think that atrocious syntax would have helped.

That aside, I think you have completely and utterly missed the point of my post. I wasn't fishing for compliments, and you're clearly not intelligent enough to grasp the finer subtleties of the discussion at hand in this thread.

So just do us all a favour and get out.
Don't talk about intelligence, you might be going Oxbridge, but you clearly lack something to be worrying over such a pathetic matter (if you really are worrying). I try and try, but I can't quit grasp how someone can be so pathetic to think they aren't 'pulleable' because they are black, or concerning yourself that white guys will think of you as an oddity??? You sound ridiculous really, I don't know why people post threads like this.

You're being all intelligent but to be honest, I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole regardless of what you look like, I hate people like you, I really do. You ruin the world with your pathetic problems.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
Damn straight! I agree 100% with that post. It doesn't matter if your black or white... The OP sounds like the type of girl I loathe, I would avoid at all costs then be labelled racist for doing so. Sorry, it's just my view.

But I agree.

Don't talk about intelligence, you might be going Oxbridge, but you clearly lack something to be worrying over such a pathetic matter (if you really are worrying). I try and try, but I can't quit grasp how someone can be so pathetic to think they aren't 'pulleable' because they are black, or concerning yourself that white guys will think of you as an oddity??? You sound ridiculous really, I don't know why people post threads like this.

You're being all intelligent but to be honest, I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole regardless of what you look like, I hate people like you, I really do. You ruin the world with your pathetic problems.
Hmmmm... maybe I think this a) because of previous experiences and
b) because people who actually go there have confirmed for me that this is the case (which you'd know if you'd bothered to read the thread properly).

If my opinions are so abhorrent then why did you bother posting? I'm sick of morons like you, who clearly have some chip on their shoulder about Oxbridge and feel the need to slate it at every opportunity - its a fricking university for gods sake.
Rouge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
observation: most guys from oxbridge in seem not to date black girls and fat girls, they do seem to like and shallow, self centred, self entitled little *****es

Most white middle class boys in oxbridge are pretty minging and unappealing in general. Many are geeky and spotty and have bad teeth.

Date the locals instead, they may have lower iqs but for casual uni fun they'll suffice
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The blone haired and oranged faced little princesses of Oxford and Cambridge always totally repulse me, I always go for the ones at rocksoc :yep:
satisverborum2003
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *Katie*)
I really really wish you weren't anon, OP so I could PM you. PM me if you want to chat more.
First off, I know almost everyone on this thread has good intentions, but they honest to God DO NOT know what they're talking about.
I am a) black and b) go to Oxford. One of my closest friends is exactly the same. The only difference being I am part black, and so fairly light-skinned, and she actual dark chocolate black and absolutely stunning.

I don't think there's any point worrying, but this is the most sensible post I've seen on the matter. Oxford guys may be open minded, but that doesn't mean they consider you dateable. My friend is gorgeous (just...striking, and tall, and has a FIT bod), and guys (mostly the gay ones:p:) will tell her so. But they will NEVER hit on her. EVER. She's had one bf for a little while (guess what race he was:rolleyes:), but essentially guys do not consider her in that way. The only reason I can think of for this is because she's black. She's really quite paranoid about it, and we talk about it but she can't really see the obvious and blames personality/looks whatever. It's all bull. They can see that she's gorgeous, and smart, and funny, but on first impressions she will lose out every time to me or one of our other friends. And some people just make the stupidest comments - she has dark skin but she isn't actually the colour of charcoal. It's dumb and annoys me more than anything but it's something she lives with. The worst thing is that she is really attracted to white guys. Pisses me off no end, sorry that was quite a rant.

Now, I honest to God do not think I am nearly as striking as she is, or as sexy (you can tell I'm in love with this woman :o:) but I get men hitting on me often enough. I've dated white men, black men, and a mexican (soo hot :yep:) on a worse personality and definitely on less attractiveness.

So to conclude, Oxford is **** for (actual) black girls to date non-blacks (and they're aren't that many black men spread about to boot). But there's really nothing you can do about that. Congrats on the place, and I'm sure it'll all work out.
Obviously gay men won't hit on her because they're not attracted to women. If I was you my advice to your friend is to stop hanging out with gay men and start hanging out with straight men
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
b) because people who actually go there have confirmed for me that this is the case (which you'd know if you'd bothered to read the thread properly).

If my opinions are so abhorrent then why did you bother posting? I'm sick of morons like you, who clearly have some chip on their shoulder about Oxbridge and feel the need to slate it at every opportunity - its a fricking university for gods sake.
Aw don't worry about him hun :hugs:

And Cupid Stunt: Tbh, I don't really admire the pants of you either... You seem like the type of person who focuses solely on survival. Anything else to you is a triviality. Well guess what, quality of life is also important too - it's not just about having enough food to live off. For instance, I know this is not related, but I moved out of home at 22 and consider that a big accomplishment, yet *some* people I talk to are like fully 'well big deal, it's not like you moved out at 16 like some people I know', and you're like what's your point :rolleyes: :p:

Also... I have been mistaken for being both black AND white (I'm actually of Asian decent predominantly, bit of southern European) and sometimes I go along with it! I think if a guy doesn't accept you for who YOU are, then that's really his problem and he's not worth your precious time. I can't stress this anymore! In this day and age I can't see many problems with this, but then that's just me hehe xXx
fungirl1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey OP there is a documentry on 4od called forbidden fruits. It's about inter racial relestionships. So have a look. good luck
*Katie*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

ARGH. Just who the HELL do you think you are???
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You "hate" a girl because she posts a thread about something you know nothing about, and you've decided it shouldn't count as a problem? I think you're the one who needs help. This is a 100% legitimate issue, and I applaud the OP for anticipating and preparing herself for the worst, whilst hoping for the best.

You "try" but can't grasp the fact that she isn't attractive to men because she's a different race? I'm incensed :mad:. How DARE you trivialise the issue of race in society? What annoys me the most is that you fail to enlighten the OP with reasons as to why her problem is "pathetic".

I "hate" people who can't tell the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. You ruin the world with bad grammar.
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ARGH. Just who the HELL do you think you are???
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You "hate" a girl because she posts a thread about something you know nothing about, and you've decided it shouldn't count as a problem? I think you're the one who needs help. This is a 100% legitimate issue, and I applaud the OP for anticipating and preparing herself for the worst, whilst hoping for the best.

You "try" but can't grasp the fact that she isn't attractive to men because she's a different race? I'm incensed :mad:. How DARE you trivialise the issue of race in society? What annoys me the most is that you fail to enlighten the OP with reasons as to why her problem is "pathetic".

I "hate" people who can't tell the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. You ruin the world with bad grammar.
Wow, your pretty pathetic yourself, the whole point is not to bother yourself over such issues, what does she want to hear????

No they won't find you attractive at all because you're black... What are you going to do now? There's nothing that can be done, just accept the world there's people that will like you and hate you and stop worrying an moaning over the pointless issue which won't solve anything.

Who the hell do I think I am? Stupid phrase really, I do/say what I want to whoever I want, I don't know who this peroson is, or who you are, I don't give a **** what you think of me or do with yourselves...

How dare I trivialise the issue of race in society? Because I can, because I want to, how dare you question my motives! :confused:

I still stand by my view of the OP as pathetic and ridiculous for concerning herself over such a matter, it speaks volume of what kind of person you are and I hate them type people. You hate me, good for you I don't mind it one bit.

Probably right about me needing help but at least I realise it, the OP is totally oblivious to the fact she's ridiculous. I don't really mind about the whole grammar thing, I think saying I ruin the world with that grammar mistake is SLIGHTLY over the top, but that's your deluded opinion so It doesn't bother me.

I think people who concern themselves over grammar for such reasons do greater damage to the world than those that spell a word wrong. Pretty silly statement at the end there, could of at least finished it well, you sound an idiot in my opinion, of course that's my opinion, and this can relate to the OP.

Just don't concern over such issues because if someone doesn't like you for being black that's their fault. Can't you just shorten to the original message to: "Do people at oxbridge find black people attractive?" someone can answer yes or no, then she can go cry or whatever which will have no effect on anything.

Well if people have CONFIRMED that's the case then why post a thread you idiot? They confirmed that every single person at oxbridge don't like black females... It's what you said.

I don't have anything against the university, it's you I don't like.

EDIT: Hahahah!! *Katie* - You pos repped me by accident, ****ing idiot... Cheers.
*Katie*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, your pretty pathetic yourself, the whole point is not to bother yourself over such issues, what does she want to hear????

No they won't find you attractive at all because you're black... What are you going to do now? There's nothing that can be done, just accept the world there's people that will like you and hate you and stop worrying an moaning over the pointless issue which won't solve anything.

Who the hell do I think I am? Stupid phrase really, I do/say what I want to whoever I want, I don't know who this peroson is, or who you are, I don't give a **** what you think of me or do with yourselves...

How dare I trivialise the issue of race in society? Because I can, because I want to, how dare you question my motives! :confused:

I still stand by my view of the OP as pathetic and ridiculous for concerning herself over such a matter, it speaks volume of what kind of person you are and I hate them type people. You hate me, good for you I don't mind it one bit.

Probably right about me needing help but at least I realise it, the OP is totally oblivious to the fact she's ridiculous. I don't really mind about the whole grammar thing, I think saying I ruin the world with that grammar mistake is SLIGHTLY over the top, but that's your deluded opinion so It doesn't bother me.

I think people who concern themselves over grammar for such reasons do greater damage to the world than those that spell a word wrong. Pretty silly statement at the end there, could of at least finished it well, you sound an idiot in my opinion, of course that's my opinion, and this can relate to the OP.

Just don't concern over such issues because if someone doesn't like you for being black that's their fault. Can't you just shorten to the original message to: "Do people at oxbridge find black people attractive?" someone can answer yes or no, then she can go cry or whatever which will have no effect on anything.

Well if people have CONFIRMED that's the case then why post a thread you idiot? They confirmed that every single person at oxbridge don't like black females... It's what you said.

EDIT: Hahahah!! *Katie* - You pos repped me by accident, ****ing idiot... Cheers.
OK: I'm going to break this down for you. She posted this thread, people ON THIS THREAD confirmed it for her, and then you appeared. You see how she didn't post this AFTER she found out...? She asked a question/expressed concern. We responded with an answer/advice. Not the other way around.

I'd love for you to highlight times at which the OP was worrying/moaning. There was a question, there was an answer, there was a debate and relation of personal experience from the OP.

I didn't ask why you trivialised race, I asked "how you dared to" do so. They are entirely different questions. Consider the fact that this issue relates not just to relationships/people leering at you on a night out, but to how accepted black people feel in Oxford, and then respond.

And again, I said you ruined the world with bad grammar, not that one mistake. There's a difference.

You've yet to explain exactly why the OP is pathetic. Enlighten me. You're basically saying that if the fault lies with someone else, it shouldn't be a problem. Does that genuinely make sense to you?

I really have no idea why I'm still responding to you. Maybe I'm just optimistic in hoping that alien concepts such as 'logic' and 'reasoning' might somehow seep into your mind.

Of course, I pos-repped you by accident. That must make my IQ around about 75. You on the other hand can barely string sentences together, and don't know what an argument is, but you must be qualified to call me a "****ing idiot".
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OK: I'm going to break this down for you. She posted this thread, people ON THIS THREAD confirmed it for her, and then you appeared. You see how she didn't post this AFTER she found out...? She asked a question/expressed concern. We responded with an answer/advice. Not the other way around.

I'd love for you to highlight times at which the OP was worrying/moaning. There was a question, there was an answer, there was a debate and relation of personal experience from the OP.

I didn't ask why you trivialised race, I asked "how you dared to" do so. They are entirely different questions. Consider the fact that this issue relates not just to relationships/people leering at you on a night out, but to how accepted black people feel in Oxford, and then respond.

And again, I said you ruined the world with bad grammar, not that one mistake. There's a difference.

You've yet to explain exactly why the OP is pathetic. Enlighten me. You're basically saying that if the fault lies with someone else, it shouldn't be a problem. Does that genuinely make sense to you?

I really have no idea why I'm still responding to you. Maybe I'm just optimistic in hoping that alien concepts such as 'logic' and 'reasoning' might somehow seep into your mind.

Of course, I pos-repped you by accident. That must make my IQ around about 75. You on the other hand can barely string sentences together, and don't know what an argument is, but you must be qualified to call me a "****ing idiot".
I don't ****ing post to show off how intelligent/stupid I am I simply voice whatever I want, people like you take the whole internet thing way too serious, trying to insult people for the grammar! WOOOWW!! I'm really upset! I couldn't care less how my grammar is, It's adequate enough to get me through life... I don't have dyslexia, but think of them too, some of them can't spell for ****, so what.

The OP is pathetic because she's worrying about such issues, my view is, your black, people might like you or hate you because of it, I don't think it should be something to stop you from going to Oxbridge. It's just a thread in hope of releasing a few worries of her mind. Understand what I'm saying??!?? Also, why are you trying to dumb down my posts if I'm so stupid, read it over and over again till you understand it, it's not hard to think like me. She's pathetic because of this, I view her as weak, inferior and ****ing lame! People like this annoy me more than the people who actually create the problems in the first place.

Again, about the "how dare you" thing, you are a ****ing joke... Read the last post, what do you mean how dare I???? I'll say what I want to, why get so bothered over what somebody says, you can say what you want about me I'm not all that bothered...

How dare you say that?!?!???

Ridiculous!

This whole thread is a product of worry, read it properly you idiot! Oh and, how have I ruined the world with bad grammar 'enlighten me' please, go ahead. I want a full explanation with examples and evidence to support it because your so smart, maybe it'll shut me up.

EDIT: All I can picture you saying in an annoying snobbish voice is "wait, so what you really mean is.... *blah blah blah*... does that REALLY make sense to you?"

Why do you feel the need to ask questions like that?!? It's pointless, simply useless. No I don't mean that, read it again you silly *ucker...and again, and again.
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd just like to post again that the threads title is called "Black and worried" there's my highlighted bit for why she is worrying...
BrightGirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She's pathetic because of this, I view her as weak, inferior and ****ing lame! People like this annoy me more than the people who actually create the problems in the first place.
Wow... I'm pretty sure you don't understand how the OP is feeling - she has a completely valid worry, which you don't seem to comprehend.
And unlike others, you're not offering any helpful advice or thoughts whatsoever.
*Katie* is completely right.
Biochemical Wizard
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OP why are you choosing to go to oxford if it is such a problem, an also eventhough males of other races will be a minority they may find you attractive. Or are you only attracted to white males.
shellyanne
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am a) black and b) go to Oxford. One of my closest friends is exactly the same.

The only difference being I am part black, and so fairly light-skinned, and she actual dark chocolate black and absolutely stunning.
Not only are u boasting, your also a big fat liar! contradicting yourself, fool. How did u get into oxford when you lie so muhc?!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Biochemical Wizard)
OP why are you choosing to go to oxford if it is such a problem, an also eventhough males of other races will be a minority they may find you attractive. Or are you only attracted to white males.
Because its such an amazing uni, my course is amazing, and I wouldn't turn it down even if they told me the initiation process involved being locked in a cage with 5 lions for 24 hours!

I think I can be attracted to anyone who is attractive , but I am mostly surrounded by white guys, so thats who I tend to have crushes on. I only really know two black guys who are not the stereotypical 'chav,thug,hoodie' that the media makes out young black males to be, and thus a lot of young black males feel they need to be to prove their 'blackness'.
And I have been (not anymore) attracted to them both. So I'm quite colour blind when it comes to attractiveness, but what worries me is that others won't be.

Cupid Stunt - Why don't you just change your name to st upid c u nt, because that's what you are.

*Katie* - Out of everyone your advice has been the most helpful, please ignore that loser. I would have said what you said to him, except I don't think it worth anyone's time. Hopefully if we ignore him, he'll go away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads