Should women earn as much as men? Watch

juicyfruit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Women should most definately get paid as much as men.
tumtetum
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Can the 'danger' factor become obselete in this arguement?? I'm intrigued as to what this 'danger' is that seems to face the apparent vast majority men on a daily basis. Burning themselves with hot coffee?? Trapping their tie in the photocopier??
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Who said every women wanted a little puke machine (aka a baby, go figure whather or not I want one lol)? Furthermore, men can take paternity leave.

If a women and a man are both doing exactly the same job for the same company with the same education, both deserve the same pay.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steffi.alexa)
Who said every women wanted a little puke machine (aka a baby, go figure whather or not I want one lol)? Furthermore, men can take paternity leave.

If a women and a man are both doing exactly the same job for the same company with the same education, both deserve the same pay.
Nobody said every woman did, hence the reasons the ones that don't actually earn more than men. Fair? I think not.
nexttime
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steffi.alexa)

lol, that pathetic (10 days?) is hardly comparable to maternity leave.
Bornstubborn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
tumtetum do you know how many men earn good money working on the railway, the motorway, oil rigs, construction, driving, demolition, working with dangerous materials etc

Not everyone works in an office.
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
You could but that doesn't mean you will. The fact of the matter is women are far less likely to work 60 hour weeks, and are far more likely to succomb to the pressure of not seeing their children every day than men are. Your capacity to work is the same I agree, but the likely hood of a woman capitalising on this potential is far lower.
Because the norm/expectation is that women have children, and after that they go back to part-time work. If they continue doing full-time, they're looked upon as bad mothers/weird. (I know quite a few people this has happened to).
bean87
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by juicyfruit)
Women should most definately get paid as much as men.
definately not
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
Nobody said every woman did, hence the reasons the ones that don't actually earn more than men. Fair? I think not.
They do not!
Blue Rose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everyone should have equal pay regardless of gender. It's immoral and unethical and inhumane. It's like sending derogatory feelings to women saying they are worth less than men and inferior. When all the different is is some hormones and different secondary sexual characteristics.
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bean87)
definately not
And why not?
juicyfruit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
definately not
Why on Earth not?
juicyfruit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Blue Rose)
Everyone should have equal pay regardless of gender. It's immoral.
:ditto:
bean87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
because women are less efficent workers and should be housewives...

obviously. most people understand this
juicyfruit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

You're an idiot.
Charliewantstogotouni!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What a stupid bloody question -

this is just one of those threads that shows people up as idiots.
oh well.
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by juicyfruit)
You're an idiot.

Agreed and negged... ^^
bean87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hahaha that was so easy. i love pulling legs

anyone fancy a date? hahaha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EvilSheep)
Because the norm/expectation is that women have children, and after that they go back to part-time work. If they continue doing full-time, they're looked upon as bad mothers/weird. (I know quite a few people this has happened to).
I don't know any women who haven't chosen of their own accord to cut their careers short to look after their children. They knew the deal when they chose to have children as well. It's nothing to do with norm/expectations at all, nobody is forcing them to stay at home and they can just as easily get care for the children. Even if this were the case I don't know what course of action anyone could take to combat it, it is a preferable situation that a man works 60 hours and the women none-30, than both working 40 hours each.
nexttime
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

ugh what a terrible response

the main reasons, to summarise, are that men on the whole work more difficult and high paid jobs.

if we are comparing men and women doing the same job, women tend to have more family commitments (less capeable of overtime and commitment to the company's cause) and also tend to disappear for months to have children - comapnies simply cannot afford to pay women the same!! (personally i think that the governmetn should pay maternity leave, but even then companies will waste money in training and have to go through the hassle of finding a temporary replacement).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads