Turn on thread page Beta

What's the best album you've listened to recently? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Bad - Michael Jackson

Never realised there were so many good songs on it!

It don't matter if you're black or white..:suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    Bad - Michael Jackson

Never realised there were so many good songs on it!

It don't matter if you're black or white..:suith:
    Yes Bad! AMAZING ALBUM!! :suith: My favourite album of all time (joined with Thriller :p: ) I'm really loving Liberian Girl at the mo. I keep quoting you, it's just I see you talk about Michael and I can't help but join in.

ReputationRep:
    Ode To J. Smith by Travis, I've been anticipating it for months and was not disappointed by it at all, absolutely love it and I can't stop listening to it.

Also Radiohead's OK Computer and The Bends, absolutely love them both, rediscovered them recently and I love them so much that I ended up buying the DVD of all their music videos yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    How many albums has Michael Jackson done? Got his King Of Pop CD with 32 songs on. Brilliance. Want to dip into his albums now! What albums would be recommended?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    How many albums has Michael Jackson done? Got his King Of Pop CD with 32 songs on. Brilliance. Want to dip into his albums now! What albums would be recommended?
    He has 7 solo "adult" Michael albums - Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Blood On The Dance Floor (although that is a remix album with only 5 "new" tracks on) and Invincible.

I'd recomend Thriller (trust me, it is just PERFECTION, Michael at his best definatley), Bad (also perfect like Thriller but the music is a bit more dated but still FANTASTIC), Off The Wall (great album, songs like Off The Wall, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, I can't Help It and Rock With You are the ones to look out for), HIStory (Such a powerful album! Has some of his best and worst songs on there. Best-Earth Song, Stranger In Moscow, Tabloid Junkie and the worst D.S, This Time Around). Those are my favourites out of the 7. Dangerous is also really good but I don't listen to it that often. Invincible is good but overproduced really, although there are some really great tracks to look out for on there such as You Rock My World, Butterflies, Break Of Dawn and Whatever Happens oh and Speechless is on there too but that's on the KOP cd right? It's kinda corny but nice, lol. I hope that kinda helps, lol! Just my opinions on the best and worst songs btw, you might think differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature)
    He has 7 solo "adult" Michael albums
    Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Blood On The Dance Floor (although that is a remix album with only 5 "new" tracks on) and Invincible.

I'd recomend Thriller, Bad, Off The Wall, HIStory. Those are my favourites out of the 7. Dangerous is also really good but I don't listen to it that often. Invincible is good but overproduced really, although there are some really great tracks to look out for on there such as You Rock My World, Butterflies, Break Of Dawn and Whatever Happens oh and Speechless is on there too but that's on the KOP cd right? It's kinda corny but nice, lol.
    Nice i must download those albums Download The Jackson's albums already today (44 songs), it's good stuff! Don't hear much about them, but you hear loads about Michael Jackson's solo career and Jackson 5, though both of those were probably slightly better in my estimation!

ReputationRep:
    Nice i must download those albums Download The Jackson's albums already today (44 songs), it's good stuff! Don't hear much about them, but you hear loads about Michael Jackson's solo career and Jackson 5, though both of those were probably slightly better in my estimation!
    I love the Jacksons, Jackson 5 not so much I prefer Michael's mature voice around the Jacksons era he sounds so perfect there. I think some of the Jacksons stuff is better than the solo stuff too, it's kinda solo Michael really though as his brothers don't really sing much appart from a few backing vocals and the occasional (crappy) song, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature)
    I love the Jacksons, Jackson 5 not so much I prefer Michael's mature voice around the Jacksons era he sounds so perfect there. I think some of the Jacksons stuff is better than the solo stuff too, it's kinda solo Michael really though as his brothers don't really sing much appart from a few backing vocals and the occasional (crappy) song, lol.
    Well I've listened to Michael Jackson's and Jackson 5's greatest hits loads so songs have been able to grow on me, while i've only listened to about 20 of The Jackson's songs so far and once only played. So plenty of time to grow on me!

It really annoys me what some people say about Michael Jackson. He's a musical genius, who's been scapegoated by the press more than he should have been i'm sure. I condone what he's done (with the children) but for the musical genius he is he is now looked on as a joke by too many these days and not one of the best musicians of his age. I was on the bus the other day and i overheard some idiot saying Michael Jackson was crap. What a clown, had he listened to his music? Or had he just based his opinions on the press and what he has done. I do hope he can bounce back as new material is coming in 2009 apparently as he has just gone into the studio for recording recently! His colloabration with Akon in one song is brilliant and as much i can't stand Akon's voice, it is great to hear Michael's voice again.

ReputationRep:
    who really cares about Michael jackson?

I've been listening to Kid Koala's Carpal Tunnel Syndrome alot recently, such a good album

it's so so good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooljack)

I've been listening to Kid Koala's Carpal Tunnel Syndrome alot recently, such a good album

it's so so good

Anyone who is appreciative of brilliant music :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    debatable, acording to last.fm your music taste is a little "meh"

ReputationRep:
    Well I've listened to Michael Jackson's and Jackson 5's greatest hits loads so songs have been able to grow on me, while i've only listened to about 20 of The Jackson's songs so far and once only played. So plenty of time to grow on me!

It really annoys me what some people say about Michael Jackson. He's a musical genius, who's been scapegoated by the press more than he should have been i'm sure. I condone what he's done (with the children) but for the musical genius he is he is now looked on as a joke by too many these days and not one of the best musicians of his age. I was on the bus the other day and i overheard some idiot saying Michael Jackson was crap. What a clown, had he listened to his music? Or had he just based his opinions on the press and what he has done. I do hope he can bounce back as new material is coming in 2009 apparently as he has just gone into the studio for recording recently! His colloabration with Akon in one song is brilliant and as much i can't stand Akon's voice, it is great to hear Michael's voice again.
    Yeah if people say he cant sing or whatever they obviously don't know what they're talking about. I really hate when people call him names, I bet they don't know anything about him, they just believe everything they read/see in the news. :rolleyes:

You should listen to the Jacksons, they're so good!

Erm, obviously we do as we are talking about him.

The best album I've listened to recentley is E=MC2 by Mariah. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    He who disses the almighty Jacko will feel the wrath of Macaulay Culkin.

Hell yes.

ReputationRep:
    Major lollidge, guys.

Seriously, if you have something stupid to say about him, don't bother saying it. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna make a change (L).

ReputationRep:
    debatable, acording to last.fm your music taste is a little "meh"
    Call it whatever you like. I listened to mostly crap, i admit, until about May this year. The i thought i might try to expand my taste away from the stuff i was listening to (Indie, mainstream stuff). I'm so glad i've done that and there aren't many consistent top artists atm (apart from Muse and The Killers whom i class as brilliance still). I hope that in 6 months my last.fm should look a little better

ReputationRep:
    Right now, I am currently a wee bit enamoured with Grails and their new album Doomsdayer's Holiday. Oh my is it sexy stuff. Yum. Failing that, Angelo Branduardi's L'infinitamente piccolo is bloody brilliant stuff - I mean, who the hell writes an album about St Francis of Assisi and makes it sound this good!?

ReputationRep:
    Want by 3oh!3

iwrestledabearonce by iwrestledabearonce

Deja Entendu by Brand New

and the new Senses Fail album, forgotten what it's called.

ReputationRep:
    Anberlin - Cities.

Haven't heard this properly since I went to see them, amazing album!

ReputationRep:
    Hatful of Hollow - The Smiths

ReputationRep:
    Africa brasil - Jorge ben

This album is probably my best discovery of the past 3/4 months, its essential, and its the best album from south america i've ever heard (of like 15 admittedly), its so catchy and fun, just get it people!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.