Glasgow School of Art - 2009 Applicants Watch

r0s1e
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
i'm doing vis comm too
are you going into first or second year? and have you got halls?
stephanie-Cassidy
Report 9 years ago
hey
im going into first year. no im still going to live at home
what year are you going into ?
TheFatMessiah
Report 9 years ago
Im doing Vis Comm too!
Im going into the 2nd year and got halls in MMH not long to go now!
fokakommando
Report 9 years ago
me too
(vis com+unconditional)
have you got any feedback from the halls after paying the deposite and sending the contract?
r0s1e
Report 9 years ago
im first year vis comm, unconditional too. im in MMH, sent my cheque and contract but i haven't heard anything yet and they haven't banked the cheque. it would be nice to know if they've receieved it! i'm starting to get nervous now about moving away!
fokakommando
Report 9 years ago
yay it's the same with me...haven't heard anything...but i think they are just slow or something..
so don't worry
it's only a month now...hooray
rorymore
Report 9 years ago
Anyone for Architecture?

Looks like I'll be staying in KHS, although still awaiting conformation. I applied for MMH too, but KHS should be right enough!
r0s1e
Report 9 years ago
have a look at the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...1981781&ref=ts i think a lot of architecture people are on there. i think everyone applied for MMH! i feel lucky to have got it.
fokakommando
Report 9 years ago
got confirmation.

it sucks that i'm missing the ikea trip, hopefully there will be other people arriving on 13..
i wonder if they have assigned the roommates already. what do you think?
KONICHIWASTEPHANIE
Report 9 years ago
Is anyone doing Textiles?

xx
parapapa
Report 9 years ago
when is the ikea trip?
jeansrlazy
Report 9 years ago
Hi
I've been following this thread for a while, for the people who are worried about staying at the Kelvinhaugh Street halls, they are actually in a really good location for getting around town, very close to the West End (Byres Road etc which is really popular with students and has great bars, charity shops etc but is a wee bit pricey)and the halls are just off the west end of Argyll street where there are a few good pubs and shops etc. Kelvingrove Park and artgallery/museum is really close too. Also, 2 minutes away on the west end of Sauchiehall St there are bus routes that take you into the town centre and drop you further up Sauchiehall Street just down the hill from the art school (defo numbers 16 and 18 and maybe some others) if you don't fancy the walk.

My BF stayed in those halls while he was studying at Glagow Uni and he met lots of great friends there.

Does anyone know whats happening during freshers week? Do we only have to be there for our individual registration slot, or will there be classes we need to attend?

Cheers!
da Vinci
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by stephanie-Cassidy)
hey i applied to gsa to do vis com this year.
i have an unconditional .
Hey, well done!! Where are you from?

Great to see more people in this thread!

My offer was conditional so I will find out, well today worried... but I'll see!
da Vinci
Rep:
?
I'm in!! can't wait to see all of you at GSA

I also got MMH, really happy about that
fokakommando
Report 9 years ago
congrat
gmlord
Report 9 years ago
Hi I'm Gemma and i'm coming to GSA in just a couple of weeks! I've luckily managed to get a place at Margaret Macdonald house and would really like to get to know some people who will be going there too... Is anyone else REALLY excited?? I can't wait So where are you all from and what courses will you be doing? I'm from near Manchester and I'm doing Product Design. x
da Vinci
Rep:
?
(Original post by fokakommando)
congrat
Thank you , I'm so happy!

(Original post by gmlord)
Hi I'm Gemma and i'm coming to GSA in just a couple of weeks! I've luckily managed to get a place at Margaret Macdonald house and would really like to get to know some people who will be going there too... Is anyone else REALLY excited?? I can't wait So where are you all from and what courses will you be doing? I'm from near Manchester and I'm doing Product Design. x
Hey Gemma! I'm also going to be at Margaret Madonald House and also doing Product Design! :yep: I guess we are in the same class of 20-25 people!

I'm really excited too! I'm so relieved to get in, as I didn't quite meet my offer haha. I'm so happy to be doing something I enjoy, and not doing something which I was terrible at (Alevel physics)! Plus GSA and Glasgow seem like amazing places to be at! It seems so friendly in Glasgow. The GSA building makes me smile.

How are you getting to Glasgow from Manchester? I'm from London! I haven't paid the deposit for accommodation yet, or worked out how I'm moving up!

Just a thought, aren't they rebuilding the design building where will our lessons be in the near future!
gmlord
Report 9 years ago
YAY! I know someone what's your name? I know what you mean about enjoying it... I love art/design and so hopefully it wont even seem like work half the time. I'm moving up on the 13th (sunday I think) and hopefully my mum is going to drive me... I think they are building the design bit in stages, or a new building or something so hopefully all will be ok.
da Vinci
Rep:
?
(Original post by gmlord)
YAY! I know someone what's your name? I know what you mean about enjoying it... I love art/design and so hopefully it wont even seem like work half the time. I'm moving up on the 13th (sunday I think) and hopefully my mum is going to drive me... I think they are building the design bit in stages, or a new building or something so hopefully all will be ok.
yeah I'm happy to know someone on my course now!

My name is Duane, do you have fb or msn? would be great to get to know you, and others in this thread!

Yeah same, I find with design I can get somewhere, back at sixth form, I wasnt making progress! Cool, I'm not sure when I'm moving up, either 12 or 13th, (whenever I can get the cheapest fares for plane/train/coach)! my parents wont drive me! And yeah, the thing I like about the design building is you can see the mackintosh building from it! haha
BiscuitFuelled
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well done, and welcome to GSA Product Design.

The entire side of the street that the Product Design building is on will be getting demolished during the Summer of 2011 - I don't think anything's been finalised with regard to where classes will be held during the time when the work's going on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.34%
No - I got the required grades (132)
56.41%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.25%

Watched Threads