The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
wiwarin_mir
Why would Jesus be of African origin when he lived in the middle east of Asia?

Maybe he moved there?
Considering that he was born in Judea and lived his entire life in Israel (with 2 years in Eygpt when he was a baby).
Reply 142
If Mary and whoever the father was were black, it really doesn't matter where they are living.
Reply 143
It really isn't that important, what colour your skin is. They can change all the church windows, icons, and christmas cards for all I care.

The American article is talking about people who have different views on skin colour to us.

Jesus was taken to Egypt to hide from Herod, who said Herod looked in Egypt for him?
mik1a
If Mary and whoever the father was were black, it really doesn't matter where they are living.

But they both were Israelites and quite long standing ones, as we have an extensive genology given for mary, so she was definitely Jewish and since Joseph did not give any genetic material, he is of no concern.
Gandalf
Sorry to end your little arab delusions, but, assuming Moses and Jesus existed historically (and that’s a very big IF), they were Jews and Jews are not Arabic or arab looking. And Mohammad was half-Jewish, irony of ironies.

BTW isn’t “samara” the Buddhist term for the deluded mind?

Why is it a big IF? have you discovered the actual proof they didn't exist? If not I suggest you don't mention a big IF again.

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 146
This is a silly argument. "God is real! Prove he isn't!" "There is no God! Prove that there is one!""No, God is real! Prove he isn't!" "No, there is no God! Prove that there is one!" all day. A bit silly...
wiwarin_mir
Since he did not live in the far east, he would not have had the characteristic oriental look.

How do you know for sure? :biggrin:
cooldarkness
How do you know for sure? :biggrin:

Because he was born in Judea by a mother whose specific Geneolgy is listed showing a completely Israelite ancenstry. Do the people in the present day region look oriental?
1. Jesus was alive and real
2. Jesus was not a Jew in the sence of the religion but he was from Jerusalem which made him a Jew the same was in which people from england are english.
3. His skin colour could have been anything from olive-skinned, swarthy, dark-skinned or black. he lived between Africa and the middle east so it could have been any of these. One this for sure, he was not white.
assuming Moses and Jesus existed historically (and that’s a very big IF), they were Jews and Jews are not Arabic or arab looking. And Mohammad was half-Jewish, irony of ironies.

"put a jew and an arab side by side and i cant tell the difference"
foolfarian
assuming Moses and Jesus existed historically (and that’s a very big IF), they were Jews and Jews are not Arabic or arab looking. And Mohammad was half-Jewish, irony of ironies.

"put a jew and an arab side by side and i cant tell the difference"

Well if they were semities, as the Bible claims and as Jews claim to be today (hence anti-semitism), then they were more Arab looking than European looking. (I.e. darker complexion)
Reply 152
juueru_chou
Considering that he was born in Judea and lived his entire life in Israel (with 2 years in Eygpt when he was a baby).

And that his family was descended from the line of David (Israelities, or at least Jews)...

Why is his skin colour interesting, anyway?
milady

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Excellent point
Reply 154
milady
And that his family was descended from the line of David (Israelities, or at least Jews)...

His skin color is interesting because it'd be a major boon for the PC lobby if they could put up an argument that Jesus was black.
foolfarian
And Mohammad was half-Jewish, irony of ironies.

What's ironic about that? it's not inherently islamic to be anti-semitic.especially since both jews and arabs can be classed as semitic.

On the whole Jesus discussion, he was jewish, neither anglo-saxon, nor black African.
Reply 156
ayaan
On the whole Jesus discussion, he was jewish, neither anglo-saxon, nor black African.

Nonsense. Everybody knows Jesus came from Romford.
Howard
Nonsense. Everybody knows Jesus came from Romford.

Jesus is English?
Judging from the pictures that is a plausible suggestion. :biggrin:
Reply 158
i imagine he had a similar colour skin to the people who live there now.
no.

Latest

Trending

Trending