(Original post by brasil85)
    Osculare pultem meam!
    y the hell r u witing in latin????

im doing latin for As!!!! how mad am i??? :confused:

luv steph xxx

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what it means?
    Vah! Denuone latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur. Nihili est - in vita priore ego imperator romanus fui
    I know what this means. something about me being a moron

ReputationRep:
    Having just read through this thread, I am of the opinion that what ever brasil85 paid for his education, he was ripped off.

brasil85 - stop being so up yourself and you may gain some friends. You also have to get over your superiority trip - your grades don't suggest you are any better than average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Having just read through this thread, I am of the opinion that what ever brasil85 paid for his education, he was ripped off.

brasil85 - stop being so up yourself and you may gain some friends. You also have to get over your superiority trip - your grades don't suggest you are any better than average.
    yeap totaly agree i keep getting bad priviate messages from him saying you should be my friend i say no he says why not????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    yeap totaly agree i keep getting bad priviate messages from him saying you should be my friend i say no he says why not????
    just don't reply. worked for me with him.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    just don't reply. worked for me with him.

lou xxx
    he like totally ****s me off then hes begging to be my mate how sad.oh well its a pain to have to delete them though

ReputationRep:
    For God's sakes! Just skimming through the thread, its clear to see that the 'brasil' person is either extremely stupid, or has possibly been rejected by Cam and is trying to undermine it by pretending to be the "stereotypical" Cambridge toff.

ReputationRep:
    all i hear is cambridge this cambridge that will you all SHUTUP about cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge and more cambridge
    WHAT THINGS DO YOU FIND ABSOLUTETLY IRRATATING?
    It is really annoying when people see me walking my Dalmatian dog, and they say 'Where's the other hundred?!' THey think they are being so funny, but THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!!! It drives me crazy! Everyone says it too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    It is really annoying when people see me walking my Dalmatian dog, and they say 'Where's the other hundred?!' THey think they are being so funny, but THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!!! It drives me crazy! Everyone says it too!
    i think that the last thing i would say i does sound pretty sad

ReputationRep:
    HA YEAH ITS THE TOFFS THAT MAKE ME SICK SAYING I MUST BE WORKING CLASS AND STUPID BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO GO CAMBRIDGE,AND HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF PEOPLE PUTTING DOWN OTHER UNIS AND MAKING CAMBRIDGE COME ACROSS SUPIRIOR.FOR ALL THOSE UPPER CLASS TOFFS HERES A QUESTION WHAT IS A CAPPITALIST INFRASTRUCTURE WITH OUT ITS SUPERSTRUCTURE?? WHOS STUPID NOW
    Perhaps its the fact that you cant "superior" (not supirior), i dont know. Also, knowing a relatively abstract and impressive sounding question doesnt make you clever and it doesnt make others stupid if they cant answer it in great detail. Obviously someone else originally asked that question and you have borrowed it or, perhaps more likely, have been taught it in history or politics. Its stupid of you to think that by repeating something you have been told makes you more SUPERIOR than others (especially those who go to independent schools who you seem to have a worrying hatred for).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yes, I think going to a private school distorts your view of reality somewhat.
    I d love to think that this is untrue and perhaps an overstatement- but unfortunately its so true- i go to a private school- and although its nowhere near private schools in England- facilities wise or even the tuition fees (about 3000 UK pounds a year) it does affect the way u think. i am just getting over the sad realisation that there are people who dont go out at weekends cos they cant afford it. My brother goes to a public school-did not pass the entance exam- and he really has a better "sense" of what goes around him i think.

ReputationRep:
    Well so what. Going to a state school distorts your perspective as well. There are disadvantages to being educated on either side of the fee-paying/fee-less line and so arguing about which leaves one with the greatest benefit would be meaningless unless one happens to claim also knowledge of the meaning of life.

While it will of course sound trite I can't help feel that institutions like Cambridge would profit from having a near equal spread of state and public school attendees - a view which the admissions board seems to share given that the state school admissions rate at Cambridge has jumped to... I think it's around 41% or so, regardless of the superior paper grades from public school applicants.

-- For the record, it's an unfortunate fact that many state school applicants who could easily qualify for Oxbridge do not go simply because they do not apply - primarily because of it's toffy-nosed, incredibly expensive image.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE CAMBRIDGE. you don't understand how great cambridge and Oxford are.
    St ands and durham are just as great!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissa)
    St ands and durham are just as great!!!
    They are generally considered below Oxbridge in both academic reputation and prestige, so why do you think they are just as great?

I'm not saying that they aren't excellent mind you, but I think Oxbridge is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expredders)
    Speaking of Cambridge, what is their entry requirement for Law?
    you probably have to **** gold just to get a look-in...

ReputationRep:
    AHHHH PLEASE I DONT KNOW IM NOT INTERESTED IN CAMBRIDGE MYSELF
    don't read the bits about cambridge then...

ReputationRep:
    and yay! i like muffins too! it must be contagious

ReputationRep:
    all i hear is cambridge this cambridge that will you all SHUTUP about cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge and more cambridge
    WHAT THINGS DO YOU FIND ABSOLUTETLY IRRATATING?
    People who perpetually say that greenwich is a crap uni as it used to be a poly, even though it does the course I want ot do.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is sooo old! what prompted you to post on it?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.