Muslim girl + sex before marriage = no go? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #5
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Snookercraze)
Looking back, aren't you happy? I did the same thing, always refusing to go out on Eid days in a hired limo with them to 'party' (and on ordinary days), and I have absolutely NO regrets whatsoever.
That's the thing, I joined in, but I needed to do that to know what the fuss was about ....now I know I feel guilty but then again I would have always been wondering what if?? It's tough, honestly.
Ana Haifa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
LOLZ!! or stay sunni and fornicate, have a beer then go to the mosque on friday and talk about how other sects are deviants.
Point taken! :p: Sorry :cool:
Stettin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
I come from a muslim family, so sex before marriage is a huge no go area. However, I've always felt that if I was in a commited relationship with a guy I personally feel like I don't see the harm in having sex with him. I'm currently 16 and am planning on holding on to my virginity for atleast a while yet, but for me, waiting until after marriage is a bit much. I guess I don't know why I just posted this, to rant I guess.
*Please quote when you reply as I'll notice the post more easily
That's not really muslim of you.

Do it if you want. If you do. Stick to it. If you feel the need to hide it then don't do it.

There is a hadith to paraphrase that says do what ever you want has long has you can do it in public. Obviously it doesn't include people who are shameless or "rebels".

Ask your self this. Will you keep it a secret from every single person that you have a boyfriend who you have sex with? If it's yes then I wouldn't bother.

Your not the first "muslim" girl to want to have sex. It happens a lot.
They expect to marry their boyfriends...... Turns out he doesn't want to marry her. Then they go crazy and get a hymen surgery. Compounding their problems even more. Not only are you committing a sin in not having sex but your lying to your future husband. God won't be happy and your sin won't be forgiven until you tell your husband the truth. I'm pretty sure he won't accept it coolly. After
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How pathetic?
Tell me how your parents would react if you told them you no longer wanted to follow islam?
Anonymous #5
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Davezk)
Glad to see someone agrees with me. I guess the rest will ignore it since I've pretty much murdered any point they can make. As far as I see it, Muslim culture doesn't exactly give you much freedom of choice.
It honestly depends on the family. Some families are more liberal in their thinking, others will bainwash you into believeing what they believe. But what I was saying is that it is not just Muslims, Asians generally can be quite strict and judgemental....but yeah the feeling of having to abide by what my paents wanted definitely existed for me, they'd say do what you want but I KNEW they didn't really mean it from the heart...
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This thread right here is just proof of another person being told what to do without the freedom to make her own decisions. Quite clearly she wants sex so she doesn't follow the complete ideals of the islamic faith, but that doesn't mean she can't be religious or that she deserves punishment or even that she's a bad person.
Snookercraze
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's the thing, I joined in, but I needed to do that to know what the fuss was about ....now I know I feel guilty but then again I would have always been wondering what if?? It's tough, honestly.
Yeah, I understand.

Lol, I like the way you put "what the fuss was about".
Ana Haifa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This thread right here is just proof of another person being told what to do without the freedom to make her own decisions. Quite clearly she wants sex so she doesn't follow the complete ideals of the islamic faith, but that doesn't mean she can't be religious or that she deserves punishment or even that she's a bad person.
She was asking if it's "no no" for a Muslim. As Muslims we are told not to do it. So that's the answer, but everyone does something against the ideal Muslim whether it is being too rude, or getting involved in fights, or not praying and these things are more detrimental to society I personally think than if this girl has sex with someone she trusts if she is careful about it.
Snookercraze
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tell me how your parents would react if you told them you no longer wanted to follow islam?
Because I made the choice to follow Islam from a relatively young age, they would be shocked, as its part and parcel of who I am.

However, had I not followed Islam from the beginning, they would have tried to get me to follow it, but would never have disowned me. Never.

Didn't Steve Coppell disown Reading? :p:
Anonymous #6
Report 9 years ago
You're right. But sometimes I'm worried it will leak. I mean I used to email the guy I liked before a lot etc and I just always live in fear it will get out. No, I haven't lost my virginity, but still it feels like a shadow hanging over me. My parents dont know I had a "boyfriend" and also I feel that if I met a Muslim guy who I really loved I'd want to tell him exactly what happened without feeling he will judge me or change his mind about me...
I know what you mean, kind of. I haven't done anything sexual, not kissing or anything, just a few innocent hugs. But a few years ago, I went off track a little, wasn't religious AT ALL, and even though I didn't do anything majorly wrong, it comes back to me and I feel awful and it's so shameful when I think about it. But from your messages it seems like you genuinely regret it, the only thing you can really do is ask for forgiveness and actually change.

Especially today, for Muslims it can be difficult not to give in, and I really respect you for realising your mistakes. Don't let it get too you so much though, you're being way too hard on yourself.

:hugs:
e-m-i-l-y
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't get it..
Anonymous #5
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, I understand.

Lol, I like the way you put "what the fuss was about".
hehe yeah ...turns out the fuss was about nothing :p:
The-Serial-Kisser
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Right now having sex may seem an innocent act but as you grow older and wiser you will realise the error of your ways. Fornication is a despicable act in the eyes of Allah, so if you have even an ounce of dignity left in you, you wouldn't do it. It's even forbidden to check out a member of the opposite species never mind engaging in sexual acts. "And go not nigh to fornication; surely it is an indecency and an evil way"
Turbanator
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
I come from a muslim family, so sex before marriage is a huge no go area. However, I've always felt that if I was in a commited relationship with a guy I personally feel like I don't see the harm in having sex with him. I'm currently 16 and am planning on holding on to my virginity for atleast a while yet, but for me, waiting until after marriage is a bit much. I guess I don't know why I just posted this, to rant I guess.
*Please quote when you reply as I'll notice the post more easily
many 'muslim' girls have sex before marriage and same with the 'guys'

but the problem is that it seems to be ok for the guys to do it but not the girls.

i've met many guys that have had sex outside marriage as well as one night stands and are right male sluts but then they want to marry a virgin.

i think you should look wats more important to you and what time of person you want to marry what type of life you want to lead, religious, non religious , with family etc...

Majority of muslims as well as with other religions most of the followers are lay persons anyway and follow bits and bobs which they feel they can adhere to
Snookercraze
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hehe yeah ...turns out the fuss was about nothing :p:
Lol, at least you've witnessed it, and will no longer keep losing sleep and asking yourself "what if...?" :p:
AnonymousOne
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rizzl8)
me personlly think u aint even a muslim!! why ask questions like tht when u KNOW for a fact its not allowed and ur going against it!! puts in to question ur religion dont u think sweetcheeks? and yeh i guess sex before marriage is a big issue. i wouldnt want my wife to have been digged in by some other guy ..eeeew..so think about it and the future mainly and its just not a matter of a few minutes of pleasure..its a whole lot more than that
I'm guessing you have never had sex. You want your wife to be a virgin, fair enough. However, I have to ask, why do you want your wife to be a virgin. It's not at all unhighgenic if you have sex with a girl who isn't a virgin, as long as they haven't JUST had sex with someone else. If you want them to be a virgin so that they are "pure" well that's silly too because sex doesn't make you any less pure as long as it is in a loving relationship (I don't mind un-pure sex but you obviously do). If you want your future wife to be a virgin because you don't want anyone else to have experienced her, well that's quite frankly ridiculous and possessive and they would be better off without you.
fox_amro
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by e-m-i-l-y)
I don't get it..
:console: your from the Isle of Man its allright:console:
e-m-i-l-y
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fox_amro)
:console: your from the Isle of Man its allright:console:
Thanks for the sympathy... Much appreciated.
boysenberry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by money-makes-friends)
No Muslim man will EVER marry someone like this...this is a ridiculous thread, I cannot believe it...I bet it's just a troll thread, someone wanting to stir up some crap - no Muslim girl would ever do this...right??
Wow, you're naive; it happens, a lot, all over the place.
Ana Haifa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sex will be better when you do it with the person you love anyway, most religious Muslims would ideally like that person to be their husband or wife.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.93%
No - but I will (98)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (601)
47.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise