Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Not really, it seems like either Oezil is man of the match and influences almost everything attack-wise, or completely peripheral. He needs to get a grip on the game which he couldn't do today... but once he does, he's usually outstanding.
    The only time I've seen him pulling all the strings is vs lesser teams. I could be wrong, though. He can definitely produce brilliance in any match, all the more reason for Mourinho to leave him on.

ReputationRep:
    "*****Xavi completed 110 passes tonight, a LigaBBVA record for a match this season, despite being substituted off. Golden !!!"

ReputationRep:
    "Hey Ronaldo was right!

Barça didn't score 8.

Ronaldo confirmed for Oracle."

:rofl2:

(Original post by UnWise)
    "*****Xavi completed 110 passes tonight, a LigaBBVA record for a match this season, despite being substituted off. Golden !!!"
    Probably more than the whole Madrid put together. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Im speechless. Barca stunning.

Also, im disappointed with Ramos..

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of what he says at all, but surely Xavi has to be considered as one of the best CMs of all time? Has the performances and trophies to back it up.

ReputationRep:
    Stats

Barça-Real FT stats – Shots 15-5, on target 6-2, Passes 684-331, Pass completion 89%-74%, Possession 67%-33%, Fouls 12-16

(Original post by Barça)
    Carvalho should be on a red. LOL at Ronaldo and Madrid are getting more anal action than Jenna Jameson.

Imperious from Barca :coma:
    Barca fail.

Jenna never did anal. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Not a fan of what he says at all, but surely Xavi has to be considered as one of the best CMs of all time? Has the performances and trophies to back it up.
    He has to be considered, definitely. His ability to control an entire game is definitely the best I've seen in football, his vision is perfect, his accuracy is out of this world. In terms of spraying passes around the pitch and controlling an entire match, I've never seen any CM do it better than Xavi.

It's also getting to a point where you just cannot ignore Messi in such discussions as best ever for his position. For 3 years, he has been playing at a level which has not been seen since the very pinnacle of Zidane, or the very pinnacle of Ronaldo.

(Original post by n1r4v)
    Fan of who?

ReputationRep:
    Xavi is definitely one of the best players of his generation but, let's get real here, he's no Zidane.

ReputationRep:

Not condoning what Ramos did, but Puyol gets pwned lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    He has to be considered, definitely. His ability to control an entire game is definitely the best I've seen in football, his vision is perfect, his accuracy is out of this world. In terms of spraying passes around the pitch and controlling an entire match, I've never seen any CM do it better than Xavi.

It's also getting to a point where you just cannot ignore Messi in such discussions as best ever for his position. For 3 years, he has been playing at a level which has not been seen since the very pinnacle of Zidane, or the very pinnacle of Ronaldo.
    Messi has to be considered as one of the best ever tbh
    As you say, for the last 3 years his level has just been on another planet..and this, for both club AND country (which, of course, is super important)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Fan of who?
    Xavi's chats about Arsenal etc.

(Original post by n1r4v)
    Xavi's chats about Arsenal etc.
    LOL. what did he say?

ReputationRep:
    LOL. what did he say?
    You been living under a rock? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)

What?! That was the ultimate method of leaving a pitch, ffs they should make a movie about that incident..

I will forever remember this game.

Long live Ramos :cheers:

(Original post by sandeep90)

Puyol could have knocked out Ramos if he wished...

(Original post by R-KAM)
    You been living under a rock? :erm:
    I haven't been following ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Puyol could have knocked out Ramos if he wished...
    I'd put my money on Ramos.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.