Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    New orleans saints baby, deuce mc allister all the way baby!!!! Wooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralphus J)
    New orleans saints baby, deuce mc allister all the way baby!!!! Wooooooooooooo
    Deuce McAllister? Really? Haha.

Surely Reggie Bush or Pierre Thomas would be better? Or Mark Ingram.

I remember playing with McAllister on Madden 08 haha.

Good choice of team though haha

ReputationRep:
    heading the new orleans in a few weeks. hopefully catch a pre season game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)

Ye man, i randomly bought madden 05 on gamecube, ran through the teams and randomly chose one to play, and that was the saints! At the time Deuce was the main RB/ HB < (not great with the positions lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralphus J)
    Ye man, i randomly bought madden 05 on gamecube, ran through the teams and randomly chose one to play, and that was the saints! At the time Deuce was the main RB/ HB < (not great with the positions lol).
    RB (Running back) is a blanket term for HB (half-backs) and FB (full-bacls).

And yeah that's cool :P Old school madden is peng!

ReputationRep:
    Just came across this thread. I'm a Patriots fan as well and have been since I started watching in 2006. The main reason I started supporting them was because they had "England" in their name Now I'm a avid supporter, will be involved in this thread more and more once the season gets underway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PotPon)
    heading the new orleans in a few weeks. hopefully catch a pre season game
    Doesn't look good man. Lockout is in full swing, pre-season games are in jeopardy!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone up for a tsr fantasy american football league?

ReputationRep:
    We beat Cambridgeshire today so we have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs I think. Never has been standing around on the sideline made me so tired. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg1989)
    Yeah I'd be up for this. I played a league on nfl.com last year, it's pretty good on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    Yeah I'd be up for this. I played a league on nfl.com last year, it's pretty good on there.
    same and i was thinking you can create custom leagues on there so if enough people on here are up for it could make one on there to make the banter even more if/when the season starts

ReputationRep:
    same and i was thinking you can create custom leagues on there so if enough people on here are up for it could make one on there to make the banter even more if/when the season starts
    Yeah, well we can set one up nearer the time. Not much point now, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    Yeah, well we can set one up nearer the time. Not much point now, haha.
    true i was just on the nfl site and saw it on the main page and thought knowing my memory il forget to mention if i dont now lol

ReputationRep:
    YEAHHH.

I love fantasy football

ReputationRep:
    This may be a really stupid question but how does fantasy football work? I know you pick players and what they do in games earns you points but do you pick like every player in every position. Seems like a bit of a ballache if that's the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    This may be a really stupid question but how does fantasy football work? I know you pick players and what they do in games earns you points but do you pick like every player in every position. Seems like a bit of a ballache if that's the case.
    not every position, there are slightly different rules you can alter but in general

1QB
    2 RB
    3WR
    1 Kicker
    1 Team Defence
    1 TE

as well as some substitutes you keep on the bench and can swap in and out of your team, but you have to do a 'draft' as people arnt allowed the same players, you score points for things like yards gained, touchdowns, your defence holding a team under a set amount of points or your defence getting a sack fumble or interception....equally if one of yours fumbles or is intercepted or sacked you lose some

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up of some Fantasy football as well

ReputationRep:
    not every position, there are slightly different rules you can alter but in general

1QB
    2 RB
    3WR
    1 Kicker
    1 Team Defence
    1 TE

as well as some substitutes you keep on the bench and can swap in and out of your team, but you have to do a 'draft' as people arnt allowed the same players, you score points for things like yards gained, touchdowns, your defence holding a team under a set amount of points or your defence getting a sack fumble or interception....equally if one of yours fumbles or is intercepted or sacked you lose some
    hmm, sounds good, especially the 'draft'. I'd be up for taking part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)

Nah man the Deuce is a New Orleans legend!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for some fantasy football definitely. We talking keeper league or dynasty or just normal ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.