Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tplob)
    Others who can step up? There are 6 Proven good players in this team. The rest are undeniably average. Van Persie, Nasri, Fabregas, Walcott, Song and Vermaelen. Everyone else are average or are waiting to prove themselves. With those six, we're a top four material. Without them we'd be languishing in mid table.
    Not really. From our first team only Clichy and Fabanksi I'd say are liabilities. Players like Wilshere, Sagna, Djourou are definitely good enough. Certainly if you compare us to our rivals we have enough good players to win us the league. The problem is with injuries and then the players that come in. Bendnter and Chamakh haven't really looked good enough to lead the line, we've looked undeniably better since Van Persie has come back, even without goals he links the play and plays passes that not many others can. Arshavins gone off form and in midfield players like Denilson and Diaby aren't good enough replacements. In defence we lack depth as well, mainly at centre back. Also you take any teams top 6 players out and they'd most probably be languishing mid table or lower :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even say Fabianski was a 'liability', certainly not this season.

ReputationRep:
    Djourou has been excellent to date.

ReputationRep:
    Eboue, Squillaci and maybe Song at times have been the biggest liabilities this season.

ReputationRep:
    I've been impressed with Djourou, I have to say.

The BBC were bemoaning his performance against Ipswich, yet they said Eboue was alright. Think they got that the wrong way round.

Dodgy backpass today but was well-covered by Szczesny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Eboue, Squillaci and maybe Song at times have been the biggest liabilities this season.
    Really?

Maybe in the first few games where he scored one goal and then thought he was the shizz and didn't defend, but he was playing with Denilson rather than Wilshere then and the system wasn't working.

With Wilshere, Cesc and Song working together it's bringing out the best in certainly the younger two.

Song had another cracking game today.

ReputationRep:
    When he was going forward and the rest of the team were like, "WTF? :lolwut: "

ReputationRep:
    It's just annoying as **** seeing Cesc & Wilshere sitting back because Song is bombing forward :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Sell the three of them ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Song is more threatening than Wilshere imo. More likely to lose the ball mind but if you needed a goal I would send Song forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I wouldn't even say Fabianski was a 'liability', certainly not this season.
    Maybe so, but just like with Clichy you're always nervous that their next lapse in concentration is coming. Any time there's any sort of cross into the box and Fabianksi's in goal I'm worried. He's been better though this season, still the occassional slip but no glaring errors such as against Porto last season.

ReputationRep:
    I'd send future captain of England, Frimpong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    It's just annoying as **** seeing Cesc & Wilshere sitting back because Song is bombing forward :facepalm2:
    Agreed. There was one time today where we tried to hit them on the counter attack and the ball was swung out to the left wing in the final third, who was already waiting there to take it? Not Theo Walcott, Song of course. Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Fabianski is a liability, he's ****ing useless with any sort of aerially threat whether it be from a set piece or a cross. I, but more importantly, the defence, have no confidence in him.

ReputationRep:
    Zidine Zisong is the most potent attacking force in the world. His forward runs are so unstoppable, it is actually impossible to even pause them on Sky+. Try it.

Easier than expected tbh, it goes to show that we have a damn good idea of our best XI these days. How many times we can get them all out at the same time depends on how long it takes for a slight breeze to roll across London Colney, but in a weak title race, they could do well. We have the best run from here in terms of games against the bigger clubs, maybe we can finally show that mental strength that Wenger insists exists and have real tilt at this. We still look horribly shaky defensively but I don't expect a signing this window, not to go straight into the team/squad anyway. Upson/Samba would be completely pointless and I can't see Wenger going for it. Redknapp would be all over it to fill his Pokedex, but Wenger won't be keen on more average players to fill up the squad and demand playing time when he already thinks the squad is too big.

(Original post by Overmars)
    He is just a sprinter though. He is wasteful and he doesn't make smart choices. But pace is all you need (and he can finish) to be effective. And he certainly is effective. I don't get what the fuss is about -- he'll never be a brilliant footballer, but as long as he keeps scoring goals, what's the problem? And he will keep scoring goals because the midfield has the ability to keep playing him through.
    This. It's not big and it's not clever, but it works. Also, his constant references to it make it clear that Theo gets his 'footballing brain' entirely from FIFA games. As the AI gets better with each passing year, he can only improve! :banana:

ReputationRep:
    He was best around 2004 with FIFA's new "First Touch" and "Off the Ball" features.

ReputationRep:
    I love the fact that Song and Djourou were ****ing around with interplay and one playing the other in at a totally unnecessary point in the game.

I don't think anyone is sitting back Rosski, they're actually more useful perhaps playing 'quarterback' from that giant semi circle we tend to create around the penalty area.

One thing that was incredible today and should be a feature in our game was the gang-tackling. Loads of people creating pressure and them ****ing it up because they can't play football... speaking of which, their percentages football was an utter disgrace.

Robin Van Persie's movement and hold-up play combination is unique and of special importance to our success, not to mention his deadball skills and his incredible intensity.

We do need a centerback if Verminator isn't back anytime soon, and we can be confident of taking this season all the way. If I had the choice it would be for Cris, Naldo or ideally Lucio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    You don't have to be much of a pundit to have predicted that one at the start of the season. They were lucky to escape last season, no investment, lucky two seasons in a row? Probably not. I think most people would have had the same prediction.
    Ah but the way he said it was more implying they're bottom because he predicted it, with that kind of arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    I learnt this a long time ago. They are soldiers to the commander RobbieC. I don't know if you ever witnessed his posts but easily one of the most stupid poster I have ever come across. Time after time he would champion the likes of Denilson, Bentner, the goalkeepers etc. Thankfully he doesn't post round here as much and as a consequence his soldiers have lost confidence and are much weaker in debate nowadays. I've gone from supposedly being someone who knows nothing about football and talks pure trash to being someone who talks truth but exaggerates. It's such hypocrisy and jealousy.
    You've gone from being a mess to being a mess.

You're grasp of the English language is tenuous and so I would suggest that the conclusion of me as 'one of the most stupid poster...' is deeply flawed.

Perhaps the fact that you have not managed to step out in front of bus to date is evidence of a deeper, misunderstood intelligence. However, you remain very incapable of demonstrating any intellect whatsoever. I'd appreciate it if you could educate yourself before engaging with me again.

Thanks and regards.

ReputationRep:
    Besides, if Robbie_C is the 'commander', what does that make geoff_yin and Hubert Poo? :puppyeyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.