Shokz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by maryamzahid)
Saves me money

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too. The long desk will be both convenient and luxurious. I'm annoyed about the bring your own duvet. They cant even give me a bed properly.
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shokz)
Me too. The long desk will be both convenient and luxurious. I'm annoyed about the bring your own duvet. They cant even give me a bed properly.
Some unis provide them some don't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shokz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some unis provide them some don't

Posted from TSR Mobile
All that matters is crown place doesn't - which means I have to bring a duvet and pillow from Sheffield - which in turn means carrying more luggage than is convenient.
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shokz)
All that matters is crown place doesn't - which means I have to bring a duvet and pillow from Sheffield - which in turn means carrying more luggage than is convenient.
you'll survive.
Shokz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you'll survive.
Well yes I'm going to have too.
Kwollem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got my offer for Crown Palace .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Abbseh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shokz)
Why don't you reserve them in the likes of Argos (there should still be one on Bold Street) and pick it up once you've settled in with your other things? That's what I'm doing
Shokz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Abbseh)
Why don't you reserve them in the likes of Argos (there should still be one on Bold Street) and pick it up once you've settled in with your other things? That's what I'm doing
What a clever idea Abbseh. I will actually consider doing something like that
Abbseh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shokz)
I try I'm glad I could be of assistance!
WhiteWash
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shokz)
In my first year they offered bedding packs (duvet/pillows/sheets etc.) for about £20 that would be placed in your room prior to arrival. Could be worth checking if they still offer this.

Then again the above suggestion of Argos would probably be cheaper.
Shokz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WhiteWash)
In my first year they offered bedding packs (duvet/pillows/sheets etc.) for about £20 that would be placed in your room prior to arrival. Could be worth checking if they still offer this.

Then again the above suggestion of Argos would probably be cheaper.
thanks whitewash - I could drop them an email sometime to check. Argos yes, they'll probably provide the better quality stuff too. I was wanting to take my weights with me aswell but taking like 30+ KG won't be convenient for me either. So I could reserve them at Argos aswell. Abbseh you are my saviour.
Mike132
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone interested in a renting a spare double bedroom? The house is located on Brookdale road and its shared with 3 other guys. All of them study different courses at University of Liverpool (going to the 3rd year of study this year). The RENT is 84ppw (per week). Let me know if u want me to send u some pictures of more info!

Peace!
Ryu14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just accepted my offer for Crown Place, does anyone know when we get our room numbers?
WishyyWoshh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you think on Results Day once we actually get given our accommodation we'll receive a list of what's included and what isn't?
Ryu14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WishyyWoshh)
Do you think on Results Day once we actually get given our accommodation we'll receive a list of what's included and what isn't?
Well, when I accepted my offer today it give me this list:

Planning your Arrival
Below is a set of items in your room:

• A Single Bed
  • A Study Desk & chair
  • A Single Wardrobe
  • A Chest of Drawers (may be part of desk)
  • Curtains
  • A Mirror
  • A Radiator/Storage Heater
  • A Main Light
  • Shelves

Many applicants ask themselves "What Should I bring"? Really this is completely up to you, but we have made some suggestions below.
Essential things that are not supplied...

1. Bed Linen: mattress cover, pillows, duvet/quilt, sheets & cases.
  2. Coat Hangers
  3. Medical Card: Bring it so that you have easy access to your current doctor's details. This will help you when registering with a local doctor.
  4. Towels: Bath & Tea Towels
  5. Cooking/Kitchen Utensils: e.g. plate, bowl, mug, glasses, knives, forks, spoons, tin opener, corkscrew, bottle opener, pots and pans etc. (pots and pans not required in all Halls of Residence)
  6. Toiletries e.g. toothpaste, toothbrush, shower gel, shampoo.
  7. Any medications you need.

Useful things you may want to bring...

1. Food: Snacks and drinks for the first few days (offering someone a cuppa and a biscuit is a great way to make friends on the first day).
  2. Washing stuff e.g. clothes airer, dirty washing bag, washing powder/fabric conditioner
  3. Electrical: Bank of plugs (the long type with 3 or 4 plugs in a row, not a cube shape), bedside or study lamp, alarm clock, TV, stereo, computer and printer etc, mobile phone and charger, mp3 player etc. PLEASE NOTE heaters, toasters, kettles etc are not allowed in bedrooms. Small drinks coolers are permitted but fridges are not.
  4. Basic cookbook e.g. "How to boil an egg".
  5. Photos of friends and family.
  6. Blu-tack for putting up posters and photos.
  7. Post-it notes for leaving messages on friends doors.
  8. Camera to capture Freshers Week memories.
  9. CD rack/holder.
  10. Earplugs, and headphones for your stereo.
  11. Young Persons Railcard.
  12. Keyrings - keep 'Home' and 'Halls' keys separate.
  13. Sports kit/equipment - clothes, trainers, balls, racquets, swimming costume etc.
  14. Driving licence.

Though I am not sure if this is the same for every accommodation as I accepted Crown Place, still hope this helps.
WishyyWoshh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ryu14)
Though I am not sure if this is the same for every accommodation as I accepted Crown Place, still hope this helps.
Thanks for that mate! I'm in Crown Place too and I've been guaranteed it if I get my results. I'm guessing you had an unconditional offer?
aalhashili
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How are the studios at crown place? I didnt see any pictures or anything
ChandaMariaLee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't remember my student id number and pin for Liverpool Life. Probs going to lose my accommodation. So screwed!
Ryu14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WishyyWoshh)
Thanks for that mate! I'm in Crown Place too and I've been guaranteed it if I get my results. I'm guessing you had an unconditional offer?
Glad to help. Nice one, what are you hoping to study? Yeah I had an unconditional for Law
Tuvok1153
Badges: 1
Report 4 years ago
i haven't heard anything about crown place yet? is it just because I only have a conditional offer? Also does anyone know what's provided in the kitchen area?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads