POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
Banned? For what? For not being an idiotic little right wing **** like yourself?
No.. for being an ass :rolleyes:
Jellybean91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greengrapes)
whats worse than death in this life?

(Original post by SummerSofas)
hey again!

whats worse than death?
Torture? Putting someone so close to the edge that they're begging to be killed? Soo many things, death seems a little like the easy way out sometimes. And while i'm glad he's gone, is that a suitable punishment for all the pain and suffering he's caused?
SummerSofas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NGC773)
Id hate to have you as my commander then, what a great way to inspire your men. They wont do anything for you if they know your going to rush them all in untill he runs out of bullets
any man that goes to war is risking his life anyway, and not even american soliders are stupid enough not to know that, so moot point
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jellybean91)
Torture? Putting someone so close to the edge that they're begging to be killed? Soo many things, death seems a little like the easy way out sometimes. And while i'm glad he's gone, is that a suitable punishment for all the pain and suffering he's caused?
we should have totally tortured bin laden, we could have got a fat chick to sit on his face
Vixen47
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He should've been capture so we actually have evidence that they 'killed' him.
ShadowConspiracy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
By the sounds of things the American soldiers went in and shot the man up, in my book he should have been taken back and made to answer in court, like a civillised nation would.

but no, heavyhanded american troops shoot now and ask questions never... if it were me, i would have taken him alive and put him behind bars
If he was captured alive, It would have made Al-Qaeda looked like a joke, We'd have beheadings left right and centre demanding for his release?

I struggle to see the harm with 2 bullets in the head.
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DH-Biker)
I have no idea what I've done to offend you, but its hardly necessary to bring my Brother and Step-Brother into it, is it?

I hope they are OK every second of every day, and now that Bin Laden is dead, and the enemy have lost a significant figurehead, I hope that the chances of that increase dramatically.

There's two things I want in life, Rant; my ultimate goal achieved and my Brother and Step-Brother to come back, permanently and preferably in one piece. I've taken **** every day of anti-war people like you, and I actively support your right to free-speech to say such things.

But please, any beef you've got with me should stay with me. Bringing those two into it does nothing but offend me, but hey-ho, you wont listen to such reasoning, I don't think.

Finally; they are over there preventing further terrorist incursions. I hope every day every single one of the brave men and women of the Coalition comes back safe and sound; and every day that hope fails a little bit more because more die.

Whatever your views on the war are, at least have a shred of decency and respect what they are doing. And please attempt to retain some hope they come back alive. If it makes you feel better, Rant, you only get to say all this because we live in Democracy.

They are over there fighting so a nation has a chance at Democracy and by default free-speech. Say what you will, but retain the knowledge they fight for your right to say that.

Seen as you have it out to offend me, my Brother and Step-Brother and every man and woman out there fighting, however, I doubt you'll listen to reason. I am offended that you would like to see my Brother and Step-Brother die, but hell, hopefully you'll retain what shred of decency you have left.
They're murderers. They should be imprisoned upon their return, along with the commanders and politicians who sent them out there. They aren't "protecting" anyone, they're not "fighting terror!" or whatever other propaganda spiel you'd like to believe. They're also incredibly stupid for even signing up in the first place. Seems like your whole family got unlucky when it came to genes.
username547863
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
any man that goes to war is risking his life anyway, and not even american soliders are stupid enough not to know that, so moot point
Yes they know that. But they dont sign their life away because their commanders make stupid decisions like you are suggesting
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
When someone's shooting at you and refusing to surrender you don't get the same choices that you do on the street with the police.
If a guy was shooting at police and refusing to surrender to police on the street he'd get shot too.
......Just sayin'.

Personally, I kind of wish he'd been taken alive, I hear guantanamo does bad things to terrorists' brains, that could be fun.
gradjobplease
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"
— Martin Luther King Jr.
Say that again when it's someone you love/care about being killed by terrorists.
greengrapes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeh well the americans have made up for the pain and suffering he's caused by inflicting it on to the afghanistani innocent women and children
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
and you've been in several special forces firefights i take it? on your laptop from your army base in iraq no?

my point was that sending enough men in (like the zombie films) would take the target down
Summer, you know nothing of Military Tactics, Strategy or military operations; please don't attempt to proclaim you do, and especially don't do that and then suggest stupid statements.

The more men, the greater the risk of men dying. Just because you have more men, doesn't necessarily increase the chance of victory; it does, however, give the enemy more to shoot back at, as well as having more shoot at them.

More men also equals more unchecked fire.

There has rarely been any operation utilizing more then one squad of Navy Seals; sending two is very rare.

They were engaged in a firefight for 40 minutes, and they had absolutely no way of capturing him alive. They engaged in TIE; and finally killed him.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
They're murderers. They should be imprisoned upon their return, along with the commanders and politicians who sent them out there. They aren't "protecting" anyone, they're not "fighting terror!" or whatever other propaganda spiel you'd like to believe. They're also incredibly stupid for even signing up in the first place. Seems like your whole family got unlucky when it came to genes.
You'll never do anything important with your life, let alone anywhere close to what that guy's brother's do.

How does it feel knowing you're insignificant and always will be? :rolleyes:
Jellybean91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
we should have totally tortured bin laden, we could have got a fat chick to sit on his face
lol i was wondering when you were gonna sneak sitting on peoples faces in... me thinks you have an obsession
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm surprised he lasted so long (nearly a decade since he became ''Enemy No.1''), with a $25m bounty over his head. That was quite a feat.
coffee&cigarettes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"
— Martin Luther King Jr.
this, 100%

i understand that people may feel a sense of justice, but celebrating someone's death, in my opinion, is sick, no matter who it is.

in any case, i fail to see how bin laden's death is going to make any difference. it's not as if he was the mastermind behind all terrorism and it's going to stop now.
Dekota-XS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
You'll never do anything important with your life, let alone anywhere close to what that guy's brother's do.

How does it feel knowing you're insignificant and always will be? :rolleyes:
I think that's enough for today, get some sleep.
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DH-Biker)
Summer, you know nothing of Military Tactics, Strategy or military operations; please don't attempt to proclaim you do, and especially don't do that and then suggest stupid statements.

The more men, the greater the risk of men dying. Just because you have more men, doesn't necessarily increase the chance of victory; it does, however, give the enemy more to shoot back at, as well as having more shoot at them.

More men also equals more unchecked fire.

There has rarely been any operation utilizing more then one squad of Navy Seals; sending two is very rare.

They were engaged in a firefight for 40 minutes, and they had absolutely no way of capturing him alive. They engaged in TIE; and finally killed him.
and you're clearly the expert on military tactics.

I'm 15 stone of intimidating muscle brah, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to army
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol i was wondering when you were gonna sneak sitting on peoples faces in... me thinks you have an obsession
you live in reading? thats not too far from me, if you wanna do a facesitting session?
Orwell
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
Think "WOAH, hold on a minute, guys. This is morally wrong. DO NOT SHO-"

"Oh wait, we died."

Naturally.

I am totally in agreement with you, but that line just made me crack up.
Yeah, I was appropriating David Foster Wallace, and I wasn't sure if it sounded really good, or really pretentious. Ah well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise