Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Crown place singled bed as my first choice, Crown place double bed as my second choice and Rankin Hall in Carnatic for my third choice! I really want to get crown though!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting? ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madgene)
    Anyone still waiting? ...
    Here! I'm an international applicant btw.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetconwy1)
    Id go to crown place if I was you! I have a feeling its going to be medic central this year considering its 60 seconds walk away from the Harold Cohen and Cedar House.
    I think that sounds good yes going to have a look at locations before I apply though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alwalid189)
    Here! I'm an international applicant btw.
    hey! glad I'm not the only one. Yes I'm international too! I think today will be the final day of waiting? I hope .. when was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm2014)
    Still waiting ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    are you international by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    are you international by any chance?
    Yeap sm is international So am I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettRyder)
    Yeap sm is international So am I
    haha oh I see guess we are all in the same boat then? you're still waiting too?

ReputationRep:
    haha oh I see guess we are all in the same boat then? you're still waiting too?
    Pretty much haha...I have an offer from Cardiff but I'm still waiting for Liverpool to reply...funny coz my cardiff interview was a month after liverpool's! Do you have any other offers ?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much haha...I have an offer from Cardiff but I'm still waiting for Liverpool to reply...funny coz my cardiff interview was a month after liverpool's! Do you have any other offers ?
    Congrats on Cardiff!!! Nope, Liverpool is my last medical uni I do have UCL for another course.. but as you might know, if it's not medicine, it doesn't really count

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on Cardiff!!! Nope, Liverpool is my last medical uni I do have UCL for another course.. but as you might know, if it's not medicine, it doesn't really count
    Thank youu! Oh I see.... I really hope you get in then!! I don't even mind not getting it...one offer itself is way more than i bargained for :P

ReputationRep:
    Thank youu! Oh I see.... I really hope you get in then!! I don't even mind not getting it...one offer itself is way more than i bargained for :P
    Haha I agree just one medical offer is like so valuable so you're set on Cardiff? what was your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutaneoplast™)
    Hi, congrats on your offer. Liverpool's medical secretary is most likely to send out details on DBS before you start medical school usually by e-mail. It will say to bring 2-3 types of identification with you when you start the academic year i.e. passport, (full or provisional) driving licence, bank statement, etc.

If you haven't got these documents - now is the time to sort these out during the summer.

From what I remember, they give out the DBS form by post for you to fill in and hand in to them when you enrol in September.

You will also be sent an Occupational Health Form that you fill-in about your general health and a section that your GP should fill in (which should be sent separately).

Once you're in medical school, you will be allocated an Occupational Health appointment (from what I remember between October - December). Your initial Occupational Health appointment will involve them taking your blood sample to analyse which injections you still need.

But my advice is to be up-to-date with all the vaccines/immunisations with your GP. You can also ask for a Certificate from your GP as proof that you've been immunised against X & Y as evidence.

Both DBS & Occ Health need to be completed before you start your community placement in March-April time.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha I agree just one medical offer is like so valuable so you're set on Cardiff? what was your offer?
    Omg. I just checked and I've gotten rejected from Liverpool. Guess I spoke too soon...sigh. I wish you all the best in getting in! Well mine's conditional but they said they would outline the conditions later...I know it's gonna be a 666 at Higher Level in IB for me though! Have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking what did you guys get an offer with (i.e. gcse profile and as grades)? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erin325)
    If you don't mind me asking what did you guys get an offer with (i.e. gcse profile and as grades)? thanks
    Offer of AAA (chemistry, biology and maths)

Predicted A2 grades - A*A*A
    Achieved AS grades - AAAA WelshBacc
    Achieved GCSE grades - 6A*s and 6A's
    UKCAT - 702.5 (but that doesn't really matter with Liverpool)

I hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have received an offer from Liverpool of AAA, but I also have a higher offer of A*AA from another uni.
    I was wondering if anyone knows whether you would be accepted on the medicine course if you put it down as your Insurance choice? So if I put down my higher offer of A*AA as my firm and Liverpool AAA as my insurance, and ended up achieving AAA, would I be guaranteed a place on the course? Or would it be dependant upon the number of places available after people who have previously firmed to achieve their grades, just like clearing?
    My school was unable to advise me on this, so I'm hoping that someone on here can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnats17)
    Hey guys, I have received an offer from Liverpool of AAA, but I also have a higher offer of A*AA from another uni.
    I was wondering if anyone knows whether you would be accepted on the medicine course if you put it down as your Insurance choice? So if I put down my higher offer of A*AA as my firm and Liverpool AAA as my insurance, and ended up achieving AAA, would I be guaranteed a place on the course? Or would it be dependant upon the number of places available after people who have previously firmed to achieve their grades, just like clearing?
    My school was unable to advise me on this, so I'm hoping that someone on here can
    Being as they have offered you a place and you have accepted it (firm or insurance) I would assume they must still hold up their end of the bargain and can't withdraw their offer. If anything you will struggle with accommodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnats17)
    I would call the admissions team at the university to ask about this, as they would know best; but I doubt they would withdraw an offer if you have kept them as an insurance choice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.