Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMeep2580)
    why the grey squirrel populus may be lower than the red squirrel even though the sampling of people says the opposite?

I put:
    Red squirrels only come out at night, people not around at night.
    Grey squirrels may be counted twice by two different people.
    put the recounting bit
    also put may be mistaken for same species or other species of squirrel as they appear similar

ReputationRep:
    For the 7 mark phagocyte question, it said describe how pathogens are destroyed AFTER the antigens are presented on the phagocyte cell surface. So surely this question was requiring you to talk about the cell-mediated response and T lymphocytes differentiating into T killer cells and secreting H2O2 into infected cells? I wrote about phagocytosis too just in case

ReputationRep:
    For the squirrel question - I put its part of a food chain or ecosystem and aesthetic value- it's been like that for every question of that type before surely it's right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When "Stahl" came up, did anyone else think of General Stahl from Killzone 3?
    Please don't say I'm the only 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theCreator)
    I put because grey squirrels are in plain sight more often since they are mostly on the ground. Then I also put they may have counted some squirrels twice.

I don't think red squirrels come out at night...Squirrels aren't nocturnal.
    The answers were in the question.

Red are more scared of humans, therefore they're harder to spot.
    Red spend more time in trees, therefore they've harder to spot.

Of course, I jazzed up the answers a bit in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    Anyone put high tensile strength for the property of collagen ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMeep2580)
    why the grey squirrel populus may be lower than the red squirrel even though the sampling of people says the opposite?

I put:
    Red squirrels only come out at night, people not around at night.
    Grey squirrels may be counted twice by two different people.
    I wrote a population of them may have died out in a different area

And forgot what else. I suppose youre right mt mind went blank for.these

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayess67)
    for the 7 mark phagocyte question, it said describe how pathogens are destroyed after the antigens are presented on the phagocyte cell surface. So surely this question was requiring you to talk about the cell-mediated response and t lymphocytes differentiating into t killer cells and secreting h2o2 into infected cells? I wrote about phagocytosis too just in case
    omg i put about phagocytosis, am i wrong ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayess67)
    For the 7 mark phagocyte question, it said describe how pathogens are destroyed AFTER the antigens are presented on the phagocyte cell surface. So surely this question was requiring you to talk about the cell-mediated response and T lymphocytes differentiating into T killer cells and secreting H2O2 into infected cells? I wrote about phagocytosis too just in case
    It said after its attatched to the phagocyte

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Way too many ecological questions. Also way too many questions that were unclear what you needed to answer, especially the first question (primary structure is what I put down but it could have been protein or polypeptide also).

ReputationRep:
    The first question on the enzymes section
    What was the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayess67)
    Welp, I just spoke about phagocytosis :3 I'm stuffed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie2996)
    Help!

Did you have to draw the amino acid or write its formula!?!
    Had to draw it i think

ReputationRep:
    I put because grey squirrels are in plain sight more often since they are mostly on the ground. Then I also put they may have counted some squirrels twice.

I don't think red squirrels come out at night...Squirrels aren't nocturnal.
    I put grey squirrels can fly so are often seen around and red squirrels are highly susceptible to getting eaten by dogs so they hide in the trees a lot.

ReputationRep:
    omg i put about phagocytosis, am i wrong ffs
    No you're right, after the pathogen attaches to the phagocyte, phagocytosis occurs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liamnut)
    Same I could have sworn it said the process of it to the point of it presenting antigens on its surface, I even double checked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCFielding)
    I put animalia because it was in the domain eukaryotae?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tardigrades (commonly known as waterbears or moss piglets)[2] are small, water-dwelling, segmented animals with eight legs.

ReputationRep:
    100% sure it said after its attatched to the phagocyte and phagocytosis is what I put too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No its just phagocytosis i think

ReputationRep:
    what about 2 specific reasons on the importance of conserving the red squirrels in northcumbria or something like that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.