Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Another 2 points dropped today through a lack of quality in front of goal. Still, Ricoh return next Friday with a sell out on the cards, so not too disappointed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Solid result for MK Dons - 2-0 home win despite conceding a penalty and going down to 10 men for last quarter or so of game at 1-0.

ReputationRep:
    Decent 3 points against Bolton, who I expect to see struggle around the bottom end of the table all season. And no red cards this game. Nice.

Also turns out that Leeds have captured 20 year old Brazilian, and Manchester United target, Adryan on a season long loan deal with a view to a permanent deal from Flamengo. Adryan spent last season on loan at Cellino's old club, Cagliari FC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Decent 3 points against Bolton, who I expect to see struggle around the bottom end of the table all season. And no red cards this game. Nice.

Also turns out that Leeds have captured 20 year old Brazilian, and Manchester United target, Adryan on a season long loan deal with a view to a permanent deal from Flamengo. Adryan spent last season on loan at Cellino's old club, Cagliari FC.
    What is it that's going wrong at Bolton?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watford boss Beppe Sannino just resigned, a real shame, seemed a great guy but sounds as if player power has forced him out. Names linked with are Oscar Garcia, Fillipo Galli and of course, Di Matteo. Not happy to see the man go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's going to be all sorts of discontent if Watford's new manager isn't up to scratch. Won't be impressed if it was our players that ousted him

ReputationRep:
    Busy(ish) deadline day for Leeds, obviously the football league clubs get no where near the coverage that the prem does.

Matt Smith joins Fulham on a 3 year deal - Undisclosed.

Dominic Poleon signs for Oldham on a 3 year deal - Undisclosed.

Souleymane Doukara's loan deal has been made permanent on a 3 year deal - Undisclosed.

Brian Montenegro joins on a season long loan deal form Nacional Asuncion.

Del Fabro joined on a season long loan deal from Cagliari yesterday.

Disappointed to see Smith leave, he had a good head on his shoulders, and we're not exactly packing a powerful strike force. Doukara still out with ruptured ankle ligament damage & Poleon heading off to Oldham. A lot of loaned foreign players, I wonder how difficult it will be to get the squad all on the same page. Simon Grayson today ruled himself out of the vacant manager's position.

ReputationRep:
    Incredibly happy with the signing of Bruno Manga.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29005508

ReputationRep:
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy returns tonight with us facing Wycombe for the first time in...a very long time I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oscar Garcia announced as new head coach, with Director of football Gianluca nani also departing. Slightly unimpressed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jαмes B)
    Incredibly happy with the signing of Bruno Manga.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29005508
    Are you a Ligue 1 aficionado or do you just follow the Gabon international team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Are you a Ligue 1 aficionado or do you just follow the Gabon international team?
    I'm a Cardiff City fan who is aware of good players on the continent. He's been in team of the week numerous times for FC Lorient. I'm happy that we've bought him. He's the strong commanding defender we need.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Cardiff City fan who is aware of good players on the continent. He's been in team of the week numerous times for FC Lorient. I'm happy that we've bought him. He's the strong commanding defender we need.
    How much do you chaps owe to Tan now? It cleared £100m last season if I'm right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    How much do you chaps owe to Tan now? It cleared £100m last season if I'm right.
    Not sure to be honest. I just focus on the football as I can't be bothered with club politics.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure to be honest. I just focus on the football as I can't be bothered with club politics.
    Maybe the goings on at my club have made me all too paranoid about off field antics but I wouldn't totally ignore it. Although with the PL rewarding failure like never before I think you should be alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the goings on at my club have made me all too paranoid about off field antics but I wouldn't totally ignore it. Although with the PL rewarding failure like never before I think you should be alright.
    Doesn't bother me honestly. If we go into administration the fans will save the club like Portsmouth's did and we dust ourselves down and go again in whatever league we're in. What league we're in doesn't matter to me. I support my hometown team through thick and thin and that's all there is to it

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me honestly. If we go into administration the fans will save the club like Portsmouth's did and we dust ourselves down and go again in whatever league we're in. What league we're in doesn't matter to me. I support my hometown team through thick and thin and that's all there is to it
    I'm sure we'd all prefer to be in higher leagues though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure we'd all prefer to be in higher leagues though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course. I'd be lying if I said that isn't true.

ReputationRep:
    Had you heard of him before you were linked with him though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Had you heard of him before you were linked with him though?
    Yes. To be honest I believe he's too good for us. He's Premier League level to be fair.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.