Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotti.crocker)
    If I remember correctly it was about 32. The introduction to the course was great, we had a campus tour then a group interview where we had to discuss some ethical issues we got given. We had lunch, a written interview (which has questions about your perception of your abilities and stuff) and then a taster phonetic session
    Sounds like a really good interview. That's put me at ease quite a bit! Is Marjon your preferred choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madagascar)
    Sounds like a really good interview. That's put me at ease quite a bit! Is Marjon your preferred choice?
    It's going to be my insurance if I get rejected from City Uni London, if not it'll be City and Cardiff

ReputationRep:
    Aw well good luck! Hope you hear back from them soon!

ReputationRep:
    I've realised that I'm posting under two usernames on here oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaaySLT)
    Hi, did you hear anything yet Shropshirelass? I can't believe how long they make people wait for correspondence from them!!
    No I still haven't heard. I don't know whether I should ring them in case they have forgotten me, but don't want to tempt fate!

When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotti.crocker)
    Anyone heard a response from Marjon yet who had an interview on the 20th January? They said they have a really fast turn around :s
    Hello, yes I had an interview on that date too but haven't heard anything. Hopefully we'll hear something next week! Although weren't there interviews there two weeks ago? No one has said they have offers so far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madagascar)
    I have an interview there next week so good to know they have a quick turn around! How many people were there at your interview? How did you find the presentation?
    It was a really enjoyable day actually! The presentation was pretty casual and in front of small groups, so nothing to worry about Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylou12)
    Hello, yes I had an interview on that date too but haven't heard anything. Hopefully we'll hear something next week! Although weren't there interviews there two weeks ago? No one has said they have offers so far!
    Think they said 2 to 3 weeks for a reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Growingold)
    Think they said 2 to 3 weeks for a reply.
    Were you at the first lot of interviews? They said at the one this week that they would make decisions that day but UCAS can take a couple of weeks to process.

ReputationRep:
    Were you at the first lot of interviews? They said at the one this week that they would make decisions that day but UCAS can take a couple of weeks to process.
    I heard that it'd be 2 weeks at most. ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    Also, they said interviewees had more than a 50% success rate.

At interview day they said about 70 places between full and part time. I think they said around 400 applications.
    Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    I have the De Montfort interview coming up in February. I was just wandering how those who have done it found it? Also, what was the layout of the day and the actually interview like. No details obviously just a general idea would be helpful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcrj)
    I have the De Montfort interview coming up in February. I was just wandering how those who have done it found it? Also, what was the layout of the day and the actually interview like. No details obviously just a general idea would be helpful...
    I have the same issue as you haha! what day in Feb? Seems like these's no news from there haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    I have the same issue as you haha! what day in Feb? Seems like these's no news from there haha!
    18th February 12:45. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    At the 20th January interviews the lady that was in with parents etc during the written interviews said between 2 and 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    At the 20th January interviews the lady that was in with parents etc during the written interviews said between 2 and 3 weeks.
    Ah okay. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcrj)
    18th February 12:45. What about you?
    Feb 18th 9.45, same day, different time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jredwards21)
    Hi I've applied to BCU and Cardiff Met. I had my interview for BCU December 1st and was offered a place on Monday Still waiting to hear anything from Cardiff Met. Also applied for Uni of Manchester and had an interview around the 3rd December and waiting to hear back. Good luck!
    Hi! I have an interview at University of Manchester on Wednesday for speech and language therapy, can I ask what was the interview like I'm worried about the written interview, what kind of questions do they ask?

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at University of Manchester 4th February, was wondering if anyone else had it on that day and what kind of questions are you asked in the written interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm a SLT graduate, and I've started a vlog on YouTube about various aspects of being a SLT student:

www.youtube.com/c/felicitysplayonwords

Please check it out, and subscribe as I have loads more videos in the pipe line!

Feel free to ask any questions or suggest video topics

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.