Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion Ring)
    DO YOU GET MORE MARKS?????? I wrote loads of information about it because it's the only thing I revised but I coulda drawn the diagram as well!!!! Would a diagram impress the examiner cos I was trying to do everything I could to make the examiner happy despite almost writing Monopoly in my exam :eek:
    Same amount of marks can get full marks if diagram is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotoriousDEN)
    I saw on a previous mark scheme that a detailed diagram can pick up marks that you may have missed in the explaination so I added one when I had some time left.
    Yeah, you can, but you wouldn't loose any marks for not putting one if you had all the detail in whatever you wrote, which I think is what the other guy is worried about.

ReputationRep:
    I saw on a previous mark scheme that a detailed diagram can pick up marks that you may have missed in the explaination so I added one when I had some time left.
    Yeah me too
    It said a detailed diagram can score all marks
    I think continuous prose was for the other questions you can't draw a diagram on such as EWT or Bowlby

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if I got the studies and concepts right but spellings of the researchers slightly wrong. Just by a letter or so.
    I think I spelled monotropy as monotrophy due to the pressure to write fast. Will I lose marks ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Yeah me too
    It said a detailed diagram can score all marks
    I think continuous prose was for the other questions you can't draw a diagram on such as EWT or Bowlby
    Yeah I thought it only said Question 10 (The 12 Marker) had to be in continous prose.

ReputationRep:
    did the limitation of research into anxiety and EWT have to be a limitation of the study you talked about? bc I made a general comment about it being unethical to put people in situations of extreme anxiety in order to test the U-curve and I don't know if that was ok?

also I totally blanked on the anxiety study question and could only remember Yuille and Cutshall's real life study but there wasn't so much a procedure there, more just the witnesses accurately reporting what they saw. Would I get anything for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    Does it matter if I got the studies and concepts right but spellings of the researchers slightly wrong. Just by a letter or so.
    I think I spelled monotropy as monotrophy due to the pressure to write fast. Will I lose marks ?
    No :-) You dont even need to add the researchers name. You can literally just write 'A researcher' or 'A psychologist' but its help to put a spelling that the examiner will understand as it shows that you have a clear knowledge and also helps the examiner know what you're talking about.

Remember its a psychology exam not english so as long as you can explain what you're talking about, spelling doesn't matter too much.

ReputationRep:
    For the question about the anxiety study, most people did the weapon focus effect, right? Was that done by Johnson and Scott, or Loftus? There's so many contradicting websites.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JUN14.PDF --> say it's Loftus
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon_focus --> say it's Johnson and Scott
    https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...effect&f=false --> Johnson and Scott

It's so confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Seemed like everyone found this paper easy :/ how high do you think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    A strength that I wrote for the SS is the fact that the study is replicable and reliable as they used a lab experiment?
    I wrote that it should berightright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Layleexx)
    For the question about the anxiety study, most people did the weapon focus effect, right? Was that done by Johnson and Scott, or Loftus? There's so many contradicting websites.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JUN14.PDF --> say it's Loftus
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon_focus --> say it's Johnson and Scott
    https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...effect&f=false --> Johnson and Scott

It's so confusing.
    I learnt it as Loftus, but I'm sure it doesnt matter if they both done a similar piece of research.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I reckon I got a B in this test now I reckon I can get a B overall however I still haven't learned conformity and abnormality, I've done stress almost. Is it possible to learn these two in under a week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    Seemed like everyone found this paper easy :/ how high do you think the grade boundaries will be?
    The last few years its been 52/3 to get an A. I think it wil be around 56-8 this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy_G123)
    I wrote that they found adopted children still managed to form close bonds with care givers when interviewed at the age of 8, this suggests that attachment can happen outside of the the critical period so goes against this concept? would that get me a mark or two?
    ??

ReputationRep:
    No :-) You dont even need to add the researchers name. You can literally just write 'A researcher' or 'A psychologist' but its help to put a spelling that the examiner will understand as it shows that you have a clear knowledge and also helps the examiner know what you're talking about.

Remember its a psychology exam not english so as long as you can explain what you're talking about, spelling doesn't matter too much.
    yeah that's fine then cause my spellings weren't way off at all. Thanks for the reply ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    Remember that TSR isn't representative of the students who took the paper as a whole, the people on here tend to do better. A lot of people from my college found it quite difficult, so I think the grade boundries will just be standard- not exceptionally high or low

ReputationRep:
    I learnt it as Loftus, but I'm sure it doesnt matter if they both done a similar piece of research.
    Thanks! I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    depends on what you ACTUALLY wrote.. as long as you link it to disagree with the Critical period then yes it is relevant
    I wrote that they found adopted children still managed to form close bonds with care givers when interviewed at the age of 8, this suggests that attachment can happen outside of the the critical period so goes against this concept? would that get me a mark or two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    What's wrong with an acronym? I used this and wrote this, explained it, related to the stem and gave an example of ROYGBIV.
    Silly me I didnt put the example of ROYGBIV thinking that it doesnt relate to the ten words. Regret this already :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the 6 mark question on the effect of anxiety on EWT, did Loftus' Weapon-Focus effect study count?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.