Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessJessJessJump)
    Everyone gets a number based on their interview performance (and other factors if needed). I applied for Haematology and Transfusion, which had 8 places available, so there will be 8 that were given places and 8 more on the reserve list, equalling 16. So if I'm places at position 9, then I might be in with a chance of getting a place but if I'm like 15, I doubt I'd get a place.
    No he specifically meant what does SOON mean. They say scores will be up soon, but does this mean, today, this week, this month!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessJessJessJump)
    Everyone gets a number based on their interview performance (and other factors if needed). I applied for Haematology and Transfusion, which had 8 places available, so there will be 8 that were given places and 8 more on the reserve list, equalling 16. So if I'm places at position 9, then I might be in with a chance of getting a place but if I'm like 15, I doubt I'd get a place.
    I mean the word 'soon', it's very relative

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer for Gastro (Second choice) at South Manchester. Over the moon! Really didn't want to uproot 3 years and a boyfriend to move away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuckyMinotaur)
    I mean the word 'soon', it's very relative
    Ah sorry. I'm speed reading whilst at work without looking like I'm not working!

ReputationRep:
    reserve for audiology, so gutted, anyone know how long it took to get the ranks last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex0295)
    Firmly accepted yo first choice offer forClinical Bioinformatics (genomics) happy days!

Hiya!

I sent you a message but not sure if it worked so thought I would reply here.

I am a 2nd year STP Bioinformatics (Genomics) Trainee in Bristol so just wanted to say congratulations and feel free to give me a message and we shall see you soon!

ReputationRep:
    Had an Offer for Clinical Biochem for Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust! Over the moon

(Original post by Rob310591)
    Had an Offer for Clinical Biochem for Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust! Over the moon
    woo another biochemist! I'm yet to find the other 3 people assigned to the london hospitals though...

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! I'm based at the QE, and Optimist.Prime is at Sandwell (and I'm sure Heartlands' current first year is on here too but I can't remember her username), so we might see you around if you end up on the Birmingham MSc course

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rob! Congrats on your offer! Im last years HEFT trainee- it's a great place to train X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueSheep32)
    Congratulations! I'm based at the QE, and Optimist.Prime is at Sandwell (and I'm sure Heartlands' current first year is on here too but I can't remember her username), so we might see you around if you end up on the Birmingham MSc course
    That sounds lovely! I'm still in shock though from the offer haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aadq)
    Hi Rob! Congrats on your offer! Im last years HEFT trainee- it's a great place to train X
    Thank you! I'm so overwhelmed and over the moon! Such an exciting time!!

ReputationRep:
    Accepted an offer from Addenbrookes for Genomics! Over the moon

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get an offer for Audiology in North Wales? I think there's two of us

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here got Genomics at Sheffield?
    I will be the other trainee there - am absolutely over the moon as this was my first choice, I cannot believe it!!! On top of the world I have visited the department a few times and it seems fantastic, on top of that I can commute which means I won't need to sell my house!

For everyone that didn't get through, my condolences - I know how you feel, last year I failed to get in and was gutted. I think a lot of people try multiple times - come back next year with your experience and ace it!

For those on reserve - I've been told I had until midday Weds to accept/hold my offer. So I imagine a few more offers will come out on Weds when offers expire/get declined - keep a look out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiehuggett)
    Is anyone else an In Service applicant? I applied for Medical Physics in service, and still waiting to hear on an offer. I was hoping I'd find out sooner as I'm not in competition with anyone for a place, but apparently I'm having to wait as long as everyone else! This wait is killing me!!!
    I'm an in-service applicant for reproductive science and haven't heard anything yet either! I guess we might be at the end of the list?

Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

ReputationRep:
    Vascular offers not being released until Wednesday!!! I think i'll have lost the plot by then!!

An em,ail to say that this morning would have been appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welly909)
    Vascular offers not being released until Wednesday!!! I think i'll have lost the plot by then!!
    How do you know this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stp2015)
    Anyone here got Genomics at Sheffield?
    I will be the other trainee there - am absolutely over the moon as this was my first choice, I cannot believe it!!! On top of the world I have visited the department a few times and it seems fantastic, on top of that I can commute which means I won't need to sell my house!

For everyone that didn't get through, my condolences - I know how you feel, last year I failed to get in and was gutted. I think a lot of people try multiple times - come back next year with your experience and ace it!

For those on reserve - I've been told I had until midday Weds to accept/hold my offer. So I imagine a few more offers will come out on Weds when offers expire/get declined - keep a look out!
    Hey super well done on the offer☺☺ i was just wondering, as you didnt get in first time what would you recommend to someome who wants to apply agai next year? What sort of experience did you get? I applied to neurophysiology not genomics but general advice would be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tees28)
    How do you know this?
    Just got an email! Still no news on Cardiac though... it's getting late!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.