Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachie93)
    Have you been contacted by Manpower for your checks? Is that what this is that you're filling in?
    Not heard anything from Manpower nor have my referees - are you aware if your referees have been contacted?

ReputationRep:
    anyone any idea when we will be contacted?

ReputationRep:
    Guys ....nobody's referees are going to have been contacted yet. Manpower haven't even contacted us to get details off us so how will they contact referees? Lol ....and no it is very very unlikely for them to do it without telling us.

ReputationRep:
    thinking it will be a 2017 start date!

ReputationRep:
    When did you guys apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    When did you guys apply?
    June that was when 1320/16 external and 1321/16 internal went out. Those that have start dates are from feb campaign

ReputationRep:
    So if I apply now when am I likely to start?

Or when do they give out offers? I'm trying to way up my options

ReputationRep:

Yh try Jan/feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Yh try Jan/feb
    Are those start dates or offer dates?

ReputationRep:
    Are those start dates or offer dates?
    Starts

ReputationRep:
    I applied June, interview august and provisional offer September and still seem to have a lengthy wait ahead!

ReputationRep:
    I have a months full time training for another job coming up though start dates haven't been confirmed, it seems like it may start near the end of the year; ideally, I would rather take this job however I would not be able to take a day off from my training to attend the interview for this job opportunity. Obviously if the interview happens to be way before I start my training for the other job then happy days.

Ah decisions decisions!

ReputationRep:

If you apply now I'd expect a start date between April and June. Ignore anyone who says earlier. It's complete bull. This is a slow process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaack)
    If you apply now I'd expect a start date between April and June. Ignore anyone who says earlier. It's complete bull. This is a slow process.
    How long before that is everything finalised though? Tests, interview, confirmation of acceptance etc?

ReputationRep:
    How long before that is everything finalised though? Tests, interview, confirmation of acceptance etc?
    From 11th february application submitted to 5th september first day in post x

ReputationRep:
    Approximately 5 months, then art least a month pr two before your start date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaack)
    Approximately 5 months, then art least a month pr two before your start date.
    The next process will be much quicker a start date for feb is more likely.... This is what I've heard from within...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    The next process will be much quicker a start date for feb is more likely.... This is what I've heard from within...
    Insider knowledge? Nice

When is somebody likely to be told they've got the job?

ReputationRep:
    Insider knowledge? Nice

When is somebody likely to be told they've got the job?
    On another note loads of rumors fly about, they are quite often wrong lol.

If your applying to the new campaign then you'll probs get a provisional by December-ish ....depending on whether they've stuck to the schedule till now ...

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody thought about contacting HMRC/Manpower in regards to the "Manpower will be in touch soon" email we got about 1-2 weeks ago?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.