Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndm11)
    First week of April. Regarding the CV I have a couple of awards and scholarships but no finance work experience
    What uni do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    I am applying to cs atm, what do they mean by academic transcripts/ exam results? Is that A-Level/GCSE transcripts they're looking for or is it for 2nd/3rd year of uni- therefore does not apply to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Tibbs)
    What uni do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bocconi in Milan, all the banks are recruiting pretty heavily from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giroud12)
    Anybody heard back after their ICAP interview? My application has been put on hold, interviewed 2 weeks ago
    had the interview on wednesday and was told to wait 2 weeks until decision
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I guess I shouldn´t be worried about even getting two offers, but just to mention that scenario...

With banks like Goldman recruiting not on a rolling basis, what do you do when you get an offer now? Accept it and if you should be so lucky to get an offer from Goldman in January decline the offer from the other bank you already accepted?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Tibbs)
    What uni do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don´t be that guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trader07)
    Don´t be that guy
    What's wrong with being that particular guy?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trader07)
    I guess I shouldn´t be worried about even getting two offers, but just to mention that scenario...

With banks like Goldman recruiting not on a rolling basis, what do you do when you get an offer now? Accept it and if you should be so lucky to get an offer from Goldman in January decline the offer from the other bank you already accepted?
    Yeh, or accept and go to both if no overlap

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is RBC spring insight only a single day? And no fast-track?
    http://campus.rbccm.com/en/home/our-...k/?tab=details

And could anyone elaborate if the test providers that Rothchild, UBS and Citi use are TalentQ, SHL and TalentQ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Is RBC spring insight only a single day? And no fast-track?
    http://campus.rbccm.com/en/home/our-...k/?tab=details
    Yes it's only a day long and there is no fast-track onto their summer analyst programme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why don't banks automatically email you if you passed the tests or not?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying as well, doing statistics and economics. Not quite sure yet whether I'm set on banking or not. Is everyone here set on the banking path?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, with banks like Morgan Stanley who just ask for a cover letter, how do you lay things out? And are we talking like 3-400 words?
    Also, should we make it formal and address it to their office, or just "Dear Recruitment..."

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Why "X" Division
    Why Morgan Stanley
    Why My Skills/Experience will be good for finance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet_Male)
    Hey guys, with banks like Morgan Stanley who just ask for a cover letter, how do you lay things out? And are we talking like 3-400 words?
    Also, should we make it formal and address it to their office, or just "Dear Recruitment..."

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Why "X" Division
    Why Morgan Stanley
    Why My Skills/Experience will be good for finance
    That's fine, just make sure to include very brief intro and outro paragraphs as well.

You could swap "Why MS" with "Skills/experience" as it's the more important section so the reader should read it before they start losing interest...

ReputationRep:
    So I went down the rabbit hole and found this thread, what's it about? (I get that it's about investment banking but are you guys applying for jobs, summer placements etc. or have I missed the mark?)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrospectre)
    So I went down the rabbit hole and found this thread, what's it about? (I get that it's about investment banking but are you guys applying for jobs, summer placements etc. or have I missed the mark?)
    "Spring Week 2017 Thread"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do barclays require a Cover Letter or questions? all i can see is a place to upload your cv (and potentially a cover letter, but it doesnt state whether it is required)? also, does ICAP require a cover letter or questions?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sikhanddestroy)
    do barclays require a Cover Letter or questions? all i can see is a place to upload your cv (and potentially a cover letter, but it doesnt state whether it is required)? also, does ICAP require a cover letter or questions?
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does the Rothschild test increase in difficulty if you answer correctly?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Does the Rothschild test increase in difficulty if you answer correctly?
    I don´t know about that, but I took the test a few weeks ago and it was the hardest one

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.