Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the LAST QUESTION if you rounded the angle and/or the missing length then you would have got 80.4 degrees. I got 80.3 degrees and used the exact length and angle. The true answer was 80.3390311 degrees. Did anyone else get 80.3 degrees? Worried that i may have not got 6 marks???

ReputationRep:
    Is there a paper with solutions document anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    the answer was around 3.78 or something but I don't think your supposed to round it up or down so it's 3.7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guy321)
    For the LAST QUESTION if you rounded the angle and/or the missing length then you would have got 80.4 degrees. I got 80.3 degrees and used the exact length and angle. The true answer was 80.3390311 degrees. Did anyone else get 80.3 degrees? Worried that i may have not got 6 marks???
    Rounding during the working isnt always reliable. you should get 4-5 marks for method. but its the rounding which could bring you back a mark or two. nothing to get too worried about

ReputationRep:
    Mr Kibria, the guy who did the unofficial mark scheme for paper one (with all the questions, answers and number of marks) has said he's not doing one for the second paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STA1706)
    for (Q19) i got 10.89 and i thought you cant round up people so i put 10, was it definitely 11
    My teacher told me the mark scheme may allow both as they have in the past, but the best option was to go for 11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    I got 40.0?
    same!!
    even my friends got that
    now I'm not so sure if i even did that well

ReputationRep:
    For q24a everyone seems to have got -1/3x+4
    But i got 1/-3x-4 which equals the same if you sub in any x value. Will i get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyrosee)
    Mr Kibria, the guy who did the unofficial mark scheme for paper one (with all the questions, answers and number of marks) has said he's not doing one for the second paper
    Have you got a link for the non calculator one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notarealname2000)
    My teacher told me the mark scheme may allow both as they have in the past, but the best option was to go for 11.
    Let's hope so - thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmGorillaz)
    same!!
    even my friends got that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahe6jmuT2DM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guy321)
    For q24a everyone seems to have got -1/3x+4
    But i got 1/-3x-4 which equals the same if you sub in any x value. Will i get the marks?
    i think both answwers would have been accepted because theyre both the same thing
    i did the -1/3x+4 one though just to make sure xP

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm going to have a heart attack. For the love of God can someone please tell me that around 145 is a secure A ? These really high grade boundary speculations are killing me.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody tell me how many marks each question was worth

ReputationRep:
    What are the marks for each question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtb135)
    Rounding during the working isnt always reliable. you should get 4-5 marks for method. but its the rounding which could bring you back a mark or two. nothing to get too worried about
    No i didnt round. Im saying that i used the exact values and got 80.3

ReputationRep:
    According to this mark scheme most of my answers were correct looking at around 70+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeHales151)
    Does anyone have access to the paper, or know how much exactly each question was based markwise
    Here:
    (Original post by blessingmariee)
    Here are the marks and answers (working out not included)! Try not to stress too much and focus on your next exam if you have any left.1. Stem and Leaf Graph with the average being2.a) Simplify 3a x 5b x 2c => 30abc (1 mark)b)Factorise 3y+6 => 3 (y+2) (1 mark)c) Expand x(x-3) => x^6 - 3x (1 mark)3. 9.25 (perimeter of the rectangle) (3 marks)4. 18 bags (4 marks)5. 0.09 and 0.36 (probability of the counters) (3 mark)6. (BMI & ski question)a) 20.3 (2 marks)b) 68.04 (2 mark)c) 2.61 (3 marks)7. 3.8 (trial and improvement) (4 marks)8.a) 4:3 (not sure if 1:0.75 would allowed?) (2 marks)b) 480 px (2 marks)9. 124 (work out x question) (4 marks)10. 7.92 (estimate the mean from a table) (4 marks)11. £42.28 (colin's car) (5 marks)12. 144 (pentagon) (4 marks)13.a) -1, 1, -1 (2 marks )b) diagram (cubic graph) (2 marks)14. 3 bars (metal bars) (5 marks)15. No, it has not lost more than half of it's value (paul's car) (4 marks)16.a.128g (median weight of apples) (1 mark)b. 11g (IQR of apples) (2 marks)17. 30.1 (pythagoras and sohcahtoa) (4 marks)18. y = 5p^2 - x (make y the subject) (5 marks)19. 10 or 11 (stratified sampling - both WILL be expected as it has been over the years) (2 marks)20.0.29, -2.29 (rounding may be allowed so 0.30 and -2.30) (quadratic formula) (3 marks)21. 29.25 (upper bounds) (3 marks)22.28.9 (arc segments) (3 marks)23. Frequency Density from top to bottom: 1.6, 3.2, 2.4, 1.8, 0.3 and you had to show this on a graph (Histograms) (3 marks)24.a. -1 over 3x -4 (algebraic fractions) (2 marks)b. NOT SURE ABOUT THE ANSWER - Here's the question:Write x over x-1 minus x over x + 1 as a single fraction in its simplest form (3 marks)25. 80.4 (6 marks)Best of luck to those of you remaining exams.

ReputationRep:
    what is 97/200?. Please let me know
    Because I really really need a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmGorillaz)
    same!!
    even my friends got that
    No don't fret, there were other big questions you could have grabbed marks from the other parts of the paper.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.