Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Hmm... I just found out the British airing of Torchwood is 10 minutes longer than the American one :|
    Ah interesting. That may just be because it's very difficult to make a 50-minute slot on weekday evenings actually work (in which case I wonder what they'll actually do with the extra 10 mins), or maybe there'll be extra stuff? Though seeing as Starz got the world premiere I'd be very surprised if they cut some content out :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... I'm not sure whether we'll get anything extra. Starz is the network that produced Spartacus: Blood and Sand - so I can't see that being censored at all! Torchwood was actually kinda tame compared to other stuff I've seen from them :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Yeah... I'm not sure whether we'll get anything extra. Starz is the network that produced Spartacus: Blood and Sand - so I can't see that being censored at all! Torchwood was actually kinda tame compared to other stuff I've seen from them :|
    It might be that some scenes in both the BBC and Starz broadcasts are cut - Starz to cut it down to around 51-52 mins and the Beeb is perhaps 5 minutes longer but with some of the more adult scenes cut. BBC One would never show Spartacus as it is at 9pm :p: Torchwood was originally billed as 'Doctor Who for adults' but the last two series haven't been as adult as the first one was back in the days of BBC Three.

I'm tempted to watch the UK version to see the differences :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    It might be that some scenes in both the BBC and Starz broadcasts are cut - Starz to cut it down to around 51-52 mins and the Beeb is perhaps 5 minutes longer but with some of the more adult scenes cut. BBC One would never show Spartacus as it is at 9pm :p: Torchwood was originally billed as 'Doctor Who for adults' but the last two series haven't been as adult as the first one was back in the days of BBC Three.

I'm tempted to watch the UK version to see the differences :holmes:
    I'm pretty sure it's tie'ing up loose ends with Torchwood from the UK P.O.V - I.E. The old viewers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    I'm pretty sure it's tie'ing up loose ends with Torchwood from the UK P.O.V - I.E. The old viewers.
    But what about the 9 episodes after that?

ReputationRep:
    I can see it just being the odd line here and there that was cut for the American broadcast because it's not needed, but will be in the UK version to make up the time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I'll like this.. Series 1 + 2 where the best [better than dr who in my opinion + one of my favourite TV shows] but series 3 went downhill. For me it's not the same without Toshiko + Owen + Ianto

ReputationRep:
    Series 1 was awful. Absolutely terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody else get a lot of thoughts whilst watching Torchwood along the lines of "Why isn't the Doctor here to stop this?" etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Does anybody else get a lot of thoughts whilst watching Torchwood along the lines of "Why isn't the Doctor here to stop this?" etc.
    YES! It seems to give off a vibe that the Doctor really doesn't care about Cardiff.

Can't send people back through the rift? I believe the TARDIS may be able to help with that.

ReputationRep:
    It is because the TARDIS doesn't think The Doctor needs to be there. Sexy only sends him to places where his help is needed, and she knows that Torchwood is capable of handling it by themselves.

ReputationRep:
    The Doctor can't be everywhere at once, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    The Doctor can't be everywhere at once, unfortunately.
    I suppose technically he can as he can to any time and anywhere any time he wants.

But the TARDIS is his boss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I suppose technically he can as he can to any time and anywhere any time he wants.

But the TARDIS is his boss
    Timey wimey.

ReputationRep:
    When is it on in the UK? I have so much to catch up on on iPlayer, hoping I'll have done that before this is on so my list doesn't just grow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    When is it on in the UK? I have so much to catch up on on iPlayer, hoping I'll have done that before this is on so my list doesn't just grow
    14th July

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    14th July
    Cheers! May have just about caught up by then
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The first episode of Torchwood: The Lost Files, is available to download now from BBC Radio 4.

Website

Direct Download (41MB)

ReputationRep:
    I always get thoughts like 'wonder what the Doctor is doing now?' - The world is immortal - meanwhile the Doctor and Amy, maybe even Rose (Timey wimey) are off in some other galaxy ..

oh and it might be because.. the Tardis can see through time.. so it can see the outcome of things and if things would work without the Doctor and obviously in every case it has.

ReputationRep:
    With able to die (except the one exception), I found it all very undangerous.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.