University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    DON'T FORGET - Q&A hour with current Cambridge students will be running TONIGHT at 9pm on Twitter. This is open to prospective students, applicants, freshers, parents, teachers, and there is no such thing as a stupid question. There are accounts run for the majority of subjects with students from various colleges, search them out with #CambTweet !

To ask your question just tweet directly to the account (or the general account @cambtweet) or tag your question with #cambtweet!

physicsmaths guess where I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    physicsmaths guess where I am
    In East london yeh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    In East london yeh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Air is so bloody dry

ReputationRep:
    Air is so bloody dry
    Roadman steal all the good air

ReputationRep:
    Real bad news.
    Zacin has got a visa for england now so we definately have to see him in Cambridge.
    So much for Brexit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Real bad news.
    Zacin has got a visa for england now so we definately have to see him in Cambridge.
    So much for Brexit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    when did Mauritius become a member of EU?
    Gosh, you're such a mathmo...........

Time to clean the telephone box in Cambridge, so that he can hold the first conference of Mauritius society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    when did Mauritius become a member of EU?
    Gosh, you're such a mathmo...........

Time to clean the telephone box in Cambridge, so that he can hold the first conference of Mauritius society.
    I was just hoping the queen would reject his visa. Sorry brexit just reminds me of immigration so was hoping his visa wud be rejected. Gna send a strongly worded letter to buckingham palace.

ReputationRep:
    I was just hoping the queen would reject his visa. Sorry brexit just reminds me of immigration so was hoping his visa wud be rejected. Gna send a strongly worded letter to buckingham palace.
    Ok, I understand.
    Just let one of us check your spelling before you send it, so that it won't be a waste of your time in case the queen can't read it.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I understand.
    Just let one of us check your spelling before you send it, so that it won't be a waste of your time in case the queen can't read it.
    OK. I HaVE had enuf.
    IRL I Can spell proper ok.
    No joke. I had 0 mistakes on my personal statement other then (pi as pie) which my head of yr corrected last year. This year was prestine(i know what a word).
    I am very gokd with words. Enuf is enuf. Lets take britain back.

ReputationRep:
    [verbal diarrhea]
    mate

Lets take britain back.
    We'd probably be the first ones to get kicked out if we tried to get Britain 'back' :0

ReputationRep:
    I had 0 mistakes on my personal statement other then (pi as pie) which my head of yr corrected last year. .
    awww I want to give you a hug.....

(Original post by Zacken)
    mate
    Welcome to the (just about) United Kingdom.

We'd probably be the first ones to get kicked out if we tried to get Britain 'back' :0
    And I think i can be in the second group.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the (just about) United Kingdom.
    Thanks! Such a relief. Booking my plane ticket tomorrow.

Less than two weeks to Cambridge. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Such a relief. Booking my plane ticket tomorrow.

Less than two weeks to Cambridge. :woo:

How long is the flight?
    wrap yourself warm when you land. It's getting suddenly very autumn-ly last few days.....

ReputationRep:

How long is the flight?
    wrap yourself warm when you land. It's getting suddenly very autumn-ly last few days.....
    Ahh, I'm missing out on "hottest September"

I used to go via emirates when I go to the UK, so a stop in Dubai - but don't want the hassle this time, so taking a direct flight (and it's cheaper) which means about ~12/12.5 hours flight which is a bit crazy. Guess it's enough time to read that King's freshers book about free will :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I'm missing out on "hottest September"

I used to go via emirates when I go to the UK, so a stop in Dubai - but don't want the hassle this time, so taking a direct flight (and it's cheaper) which means about ~12/12.5 hours flight which is a bit crazy. Guess it's enough time to read that King's freshers book about free will :lol:
    you'll have enough time to learn every bit of fresher's book by heart by the time you arrive at Heathrow.

ReputationRep:
    On a completely different (and bit old) note.....

Has anyone seen The Man Who Knew Infinity?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787524/

It had quite mixed reviews and was shown at cinemas for a very short period of time, but I quite liked it.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/the-...finity/review/

ReputationRep:
    On a completely different (and bit old) note.....

Has anyone seen The Man Who Knew Infinity?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787524/

It had quite mixed reviews and was shown at cinemas for a very short period of time, but I quite liked it.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/the-...finity/review/
    Yes I watched that the other day infact. I thought it was a good film, dont know how accurate it was though....

but atleast it gave me enough inspiration to beast an example sheet at 2am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    Yes I watched that the other day infact. I thought it was a good film, dont know how accurate it was though....

but atleast it gave me enough inspiration to beast an example sheet at 2am
    lol
    And the film also tells you sandals in cold Cambridge is not a good idea.....

The voices from mathmo world on the film.
    "The film has been praised by mathematicians and scientists for its authentic portrayal of theoretical mathematicians. Instead of a perfunctory treatment of mathematics, the film engaged the mathematicians Ken Ono and Manjul Bhargava to get the mathematics right. George E. Andrews, former President of the American Mathematical Society praised the film for its moving portrayal of the deep relationship between Ramanujan and Hardy.[13] The London Mathematical Societyproclaimed that the film "outshines Good Will Hunting in almost every way".[14] Reviewing the film for Nature, Andrew Robinson wrote that "the film took more than ten years to create. It is worth the wait."[15] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ma...nfinity_(film)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.