The Playstation 3 Society III Watch

This discussion is closed.
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by *absinthe*)
Run your fellow competitors off the track, leave your car on a corner to stop fellow drivers getting a good qualifying time, and the easiest, swap leads with your team partner to win. Cheating is so much simpler then earning the points for ferrari. They do this in every race. :mad:
McLaren have done all that themselves, it's not just Ferrari...
*absinthe*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
McLaren have done all that themselves, it's not just Ferrari...
yeah but ferrari do it more often it's practically every race weekend.
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah but ferrari do it more often it's practically every race weekend.
When did they do that this weekend?
*absinthe*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
When did they do that this weekend?
first corner alonso went into the back of button!
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
first corner alonso went into the back of button!
That was hardly running someone off the track. Alonso got damaged there too. The damage was pretty minor and at Monza wouldn't have cost much time. Button hadn't even reported the car feeling any different. How many times this year has Alonso been knocked off at the first corner by a McFail and sent to the back of the grid?
*absinthe*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
That was hardly running someone off the track. Alonso got damaged there too. The damage was pretty minor and at Monza wouldn't have cost much time. Button hadn't even reported the car feeling any different. How many times this year has Alonso been knocked off at the first corner by a McFail and sent to the back of the grid?
it affected his downforce making him slightly slower. Yeah, well alonso deserves everything he gets after being let off for team orders. They should have been reset to zero points as it was a clear breach of the rules.
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it affected his downforce making him slightly slower. Yeah, well alonso deserves everything he gets after being let off for team orders. They should have been reset to zero points as it was a clear breach of the rules.
Alonso was fastest, he got fastest lap and once he was ahead Button couldn't even get close!! Alonso was on warmed up grippy tyres when Button went in he came out on harder less grippy colder tyres which have taken 2-3 laps all weekend to warm up properly.

The order was implied, not given, there is nothnig in the rules about implying orders. The implication had already been given to Massa 4 times that race. And at Australia and he hadn't moved. It was Massa's choice to do it. McFail have do it so perhaps they should have lost all the points whenever they did it too?
*absinthe*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
Alonso was fastest, he got fastest lap and once he was ahead Button couldn't even get close!! Alonso was on warmed up grippy tyres when Button went in he came out on harder less grippy colder tyres which have taken 2-3 laps all weekend to warm up properly.

The order was implied, not given, there is nothnig in the rules about implying orders. The implication had already been given to Massa 4 times that race. And at Australia and he hadn't moved. It was Massa's choice to do it. McFail have do it so perhaps they should have lost all the points whenever they did it too?
If it wasn't a breach of the rules then why were they fined before the FIA got involved ... the only reason the didn't get set to zero points is because the head of the FIA worked for ferrari for years, if it was mclaren the book would have been thrown at them. formula 1 has always been biased to ferrari and still is :cool:
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If it wasn't a breach of the rules then why were they fined before the FIA got involved ... the only reason the didn't get set to zero points is because the head of the FIA worked for ferrari for years, if it was mclaren the book would have been thrown at them. formula 1 has always been biased to ferrari and still is :cool:
He stepped back and wasn't involved in the decision. McFail have just had warnings for beaching of rules all year or been given so much time any punishment wasn't a punishment. Biased towards Ferrari now are they?
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Jesus, talk about rose-tinted glasses.

The fact of the matter is that every long-established team in F1 has the right to feel like the FIA have been both lenient and hard on them. There are plenty of individual events to back up any point of view; Ferrari are *******s because a few years back when Force India were terrible Sutil had somehow managed to get up to fourth in Monaco and then Raikonnen wiped him out of the race without repercussions. McLaren are poor unfortunates because at the last race of Hamilton's debut season two cars ahead of him ran their oil temperatures hotter than they should have and if the stewards had stuck to the letter of the law they would have been disqualified and Hamilton would have won the World Championship. The list is endless...

I dislike Ferrari, mainly because of the Schumacher era, but there is no denying that Alonso is an unbelievably talented driver and there is also not really any complaining about FIA bias (as over the last few years it has definitely been a lot less biased towards Ferrari than over the decade preceding it). I like McLaren, but there is no denying that they have been as fortunate from the FIA as anyone (last time I checked, corporate espionage should warrant more than $100m fine and a constructors' ban, and should take less than two hearings to find out).

Oh, and seeing as everyone seems to be cheering for their favourites, Robert Kubica is the best F1 driver out there.
kuks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I love how this society seems to divert to so many things
University
mo's holiday
defoe's job
F1 rivalries :teehee:
And well a little bit of gaming as well
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
University
mo's holiday
defoe's job
Routers, films... as well. :p:
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
University
mo's holiday
defoe's job
You forgot about the looooong router discussion

EDIT: Damnit mike! Beat me to it...
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by spikeymike)
Routers, films... as well. :p:
Film chat doesn't happen now we have our own thread. :teeth:
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ahh I did forget about those....and alot more mw2 than is necessary :p:
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
loool evening guys i hate being at work, at uni i can spend all day immersed in this society :teeth: such variety tbh. Easily the best thread on tsr, great mix of people too imo
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
loool evening guys i hate being at work, at uni i can spend all day immersed in this society :teeth: such variety tbh. Easily the best thread on tsr, great mix of people too imo
I think I have 100 or more of my 479 posts in this society :ninja:
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Shucks

Though I do have to agree with you :cool: Another two years of uni TSR surfing for me yet
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
:hi: I'm learning C# properly now, going to be doing GUI stuff with it. :holmes:

:gthumb:

Oh, everyone, my belt (that I don't really want) from Very came today. :rofl:
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by spikeymike)
I'm learning C# properly now, going to be doing GUI stuff with it.

Oh, everyone, my belt (that I don't really want) from Very came today.
cool its quite easy compared to java, visual studio is sexual tbh :sexface: what was the belt like :teeth:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads