Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever watched any Canadian Football League games? I've seen highlights of it and watching a game now... leaning towards the Winnipeg Blue Bombers :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't watch or follow it really, but if i had to choose a team, Toronto Argonauts would be it.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I would say...

Tom Brady voted Best NFL player in the top 100 of 2011.

Greatest of all-time honours soon to be had

GO PATS <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    Just thought I would say...

Tom Brady voted Best NFL player in the top 100 of 2011.

Greatest of all-time honours soon to be had

GO PATS <3
    Wow you really are gay for Brady aren't you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    Wow you really are gay for Brady aren't you...
    When I talk about nfl, yes I am.

Real life, no :L

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I think that countdown is such a fix. Half of the players are like "he's consistently been the best ? for the past 5 years or whatever" when the countdown specifically states "The Best Players of 2011", not the past decade or whatever. It's meant to be a prediction, not a review, something always raised in those discussion shows after but the analysts just seemed to ignore that.

It also seems to be one big popularity contest as well, some seriously good players were overlooked. I mean, Greg Jennings at 74. What the **** is that about? With Austin Miles, Brandon Marshall and Brandon Lloyd all just above him. I'm sorry but that's BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Tbh, I think that countdown is such a fix. Half of the players are like "he's consistently been the best ? for the past 5 years or whatever" when the countdown specifically states "The Best Players of 2011", not the past decade or whatever. It's meant to be a prediction, not a review, something always raised in those discussion shows after but the analysts just seemed to ignore that.

It also seems to be one big popularity contest as well, some seriously good players were overlooked. I mean, Greg Jennings at 74. What the **** is that about? With Austin Miles, Brandon Marshall and Brandon Lloyd all just above him. I'm sorry but that's BS.
    Whilst I agree that form beyond the past season shouldn't be considered, it is hard to put out your mind. Peyton shouldn't have been #2 on last season's form, he should be way down the table, maybe even as low as 40something.

Many Packers players are being ranked much lower by the players than they are by the fans. This is because fans see Super Bowl = best players in the NFL, which by and large is false for the Packers, a few notable exceptions aside (Rodgers, Woodson, Clay). Jennings I feel is horrendously overrated, the kid is quick but Rodgers makes him look much better than he is and this is why he slid to 74.

Brady did have an exceptional season and I think #1 is right for him. I'm glad to see my boys Sugar Ray and Ed up at 4 and 5 too, critically above Troy!

One other thing I noticed was Revis coming ahead of Nnamdi... not sure on that one, but maybe I'm just being controversial for the sake of it now.

ReputationRep:
    Many Packers players are being ranked much lower by the players than they are by the fans. This is because fans see Super Bowl = best players in the NFL, which by and large is false for the Packers, a few notable exceptions aside (Rodgers, Woodson, Clay). Jennings I feel is horrendously overrated, the kid is quick but Rodgers makes him look much better than he is and this is why he slid to 74.
    Yeah, I agree that the Packer roster (at least last year) was made up mostly of average at best players but I have to disagree about Jennings. His route-running is tremendous and his productivity over the past few seasons can't be argued with. I also can't remember the last time I saw Greg drop a catch, something which has plagued the receiving corp this past season (especially Nelson and Jones).

Brady did have an exceptional season and I think #1 is right for him. I'm glad to see my boys Sugar Ray and Ed up at 4 and 5 too, critically above Troy!
    I pretty much agreed with the top 10, perhaps Ware and Rodgers should have been in there but I think it's a fair reflection.

One other thing I noticed was Revis coming ahead of Nnamdi... not sure on that one, but maybe I'm just being controversial for the sake of it now.
    No way man! Revis deserved to be that high! I think he's a mile ahead of other corners in the league. Perhaps could improve his tackling but his coverage is 2nd to none. It's like he knows the route before it's called

ReputationRep:

Totally agree with you on that. Vick only at 20 and Desean Jackson only 29?! Peterson at 3?! Rivers the passing leader all the way down at 26 and A-Rod at 11 whilst Peyton sits all the way up at 2 despite throwing more picks and by his standards having a less than brilliant season.

It's total crap. Also Brandon Lloyd at 58?! Dude led the league in receiving; nearly twice as many TDs as Fitz but oh no cause it's Fitz he has to be the highest ranked wideout.

The one that irks me the most though is Tony Romo being ranked higher than Josh Freeman. Freeman was clutch last year and it's ridiculous that Romo's position was calculated based on what he did in five games. The rankings argue that through five games he was on pace for a huge season..so they presumed he'd hit that lofty goal and thus ranked him above Freeman; stupid, absolutely stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgegabriel)
    Totally agree with you on that. Vick only at 20 and Desean Jackson only 29?! Peterson at 3?! Rivers the passing leader all the way down at 26 and A-Rod at 11 whilst Peyton sits all the way up at 2 despite throwing more picks and by his standards having a less than brilliant season.
    Exactly. Agree with everything there except Desean Jackson. I ****ing hate Desean Jackson haha

It's total crap. Also Brandon Lloyd at 58?! Dude led the league in receiving; nearly twice as many TDs as Fitz but oh no cause it's Fitz he has to be the highest ranked wideout.
    Oh, I didn't know that about Lloyd, maybe he does deserve to be above Greg Jennings then. Although, when you say "topped the league" do you mean no. of receptions, yards or TDs?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Agree with everything there except Desean Jackson. I ****ing hate Desean Jackson haha
    I think he deserved more than 29, he's been hard done by. As irritating as he can be, you can't knock his play!

Oh, I didn't know that about Lloyd, maybe he does deserve to be above Greg Jennings then. Although, when you say "topped the league" do you mean no. of receptions, yards or TDs?
    1st in receiving yards (but only 15th in receptions), 2nd in YPC (60+ catches only), 2nd in YPG, 4th in TDs

ReputationRep:
    I agree that there were some big mistakes in that list if we are evaluating players based on 2010's performance alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    I agree that there were some big mistakes in that list if we are evaluating players based on 2010's performance alone.
    The only thing I wouldn't argue with is Brady at number 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgegabriel)
    The only thing I wouldn't argue with is Brady at number 1.
    Good man

ReputationRep:
    Brady at #1 but who won the Super Bowl again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Brady at #1 but who won the Super Bowl again?
    :rolleyes:

As I already said, who wins the Super Bowl doesn't matter that much in terms of who is the best player. Rodgers is very good but I think most would struggle to say that he's better than Brady.

If you do want to talk Super Bowls however, I'm sure Brady would be happy to assemble his rings into a knuckle duster and "talk" with you!

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

As I already said, who wins the Super Bowl doesn't matter that much in terms of who is the best player. Rodgers is very good but I think most would struggle to say that he's better than Brady.

If you do want to talk Super Bowls however, I'm sure Brady would be happy to assemble his rings into a knuckle duster and &quot;talk&quot; with you!
    It was ages ago. Green Bay were the best team last year and that's what matters IMO, not individuals.

ReputationRep:
    It was ages ago. Green Bay were the best team last year and that's what matters IMO, not individuals.
    Well yes but this list is specifically about individuals...

ReputationRep:
    Well yes but this list is specifically about individuals...
    I know and I don't like it cause it's stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I know and I don't like it cause it's stupid.
    They've gotta do something to fill the lockout...

It's a bit more interesting than listing the teams in order of how good they are, that wouldn't be much of a challenge!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.