The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Another good result that doesn't tell us anything at all, beyond the fact that we play well when we feel like it.

Good attacking performance.

Zizali is right about Walcott to some extent - he doesn't have a footballing brain. His positioning is basic and his touch is woeful at times. Everything he does is simple, which is all good and well when you have Nasri and Fabregas playing you up. He'll do but he's certainly nothing special - at least not yet anyway.

Defensive frailties were obvious again, not as many as in previous matches however. Lucky not to concede at least one.

History this season tells us we're now due a loss against Wigan.
What's happened to those guys? It's just not the same without them....
MichelinMan doesn't post any more either. :sad:
Do you guys think diaby will be in the starting XI when he's fully fit? Wilshere has done really well in diaby's absence but I still think we need diaby in there just to make us look more intimidating to opponents.
Reply 1604
Original post by word2yamother
Do you guys think diaby will be in the starting XI when he's fully fit? Wilshere has done really well in diaby's absence but I still think we need diaby in there just to make us look more intimidating to opponents.

Personally I think Wilshere will be more intimidating to opponents atm. Teams know that if they keep Diaby out for the first 15/20 mins he'll get frustrated and end up not producing anything the whole match. I know you meant 'intimidating' physically, but Jack's not a soft-touch. He may not be tall, but he's definitely a threat. He's got the defensive capabilities of Song with the potential to create chances of Fabregas, so he's someone teams always have to watch out for. I think that's a great type of player to have. While everyone knows Diaby is a much more offensive player, and that if they mark him and tackle when he has the ball, he's essentially out of the game, Wilshere will battle much more to get the ball back and they can't predict what he'll do when he's wrestled it out from one of their players. I'd start Wilshere over Diaby any day personally.
Original post by TommyWannabe
Another good result that doesn't tell us anything at all, beyond the fact that we play well when we feel like it.

Good attacking performance.

Zizali is right about Walcott to some extent - he doesn't have a footballing brain. His positioning is basic and his touch is woeful at times. Everything he does is simple, which is all good and well when you have Nasri and Fabregas playing you up. He'll do but he's certainly nothing special - at least not yet anyway.

Defensive frailties were obvious again, not as many as in previous matches however. Lucky not to concede at least one.

History this season tells us we're now due a loss against Wigan.

That's the best thing about him though. We've already got a host of technically gifted players who like the ball to feet and can pass all day. At least with Walcott we've got something different. He'll make runs and try and get in behind and it's players like this that will actually help the likes of Cesc as he can just look up and know if he plays the right ball then Walcott is in.

If Wenger plays this same team against Wigan I don't think they will be complacent and drop points however it is dependent on what team he plays against Leeds. If he keeps some of the same players for the Leeds match and then the Wigan one they may start to tire, which might be a problem considering Wigan don't have a game midweek. Then again I wouldn't trust Denilson, Bendtner and co to go to Elland Park and get a result so Wenger should maybe rest a few but keep most of the first team.
If Walcott didn't have a footballing brain then there'd be a load more sprinters in the premiership, there's a reason we play Walcott and not Owusu-Abeyie who was technically solid on the ball. Theo's positioning and runs are good and he can finish, he just struggles to pick a delivery
JET will be in there in a couple of seasons anyway. :yy:
Reply 1609
JK.
OP
Original post by antonfigo

I actually jizzed myself a bit when he did that. :coma:
Started drinking half hour before kick off and by full time had polished off 11 pints. Needless to say I don't remember much about the footy.
Reply 1611
JK.
OP
Original post by cunningstunt87
Started drinking half hour before kick off and by full time had polished off 11 pints. Needless to say I don't remember much about the footy.

Don't blame you, tbh. :rofl2:
Reply 1612
Original post by antonfigo

Haha, i loved it when he did that, one way to style out being barged to the ground <3
Szczesny. LAD.
He'll be in a film with Vinne Jones and Jackie Chan by the end of the year.
Can Fabianski do that ? Hell no ! Szczesny just proved himself with that stunt he deserves to be 1st goalkeeper
Original post by JK.
Don't blame you, tbh. :rofl2:

Can't bring myself to read the match reports either! :frown:
How football should be played

Vela vs Bolton?

Latest