University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

Krazy_b
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How do they notify you about whether thy have offered you accommodation? Is it through email or their website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shokz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Krazy_b)
How do they notify you about whether thy have offered you accommodation? Is it through email or their website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Through email
hellsbellshelen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GUYS

I'm like really panicking here as I look at how much money i'll be left with weekly minus accommodation costs.

I've worked out that i'll have 25.26 to spend on food, nights out (doubt i'll be having many on this budget hah )

I applied for crown place single as my first choice, and thats the cheapest of my choices at 124.95 a week.... I got top levels of student finance too, is anyone in the same situation as me?

:eek:
Saleem Aslam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hellsbellshelen)
GUYS

I'm like really panicking here as I look at how much money i'll be left with weekly minus accommodation costs.

I've worked out that i'll have 25.26 to spend on food, nights out (doubt i'll be having many on this budget hah )

I applied for crown place single as my first choice, and thats the cheapest of my choices at 124.95 a week.... I got top levels of student finance too, is anyone in the same situation as me?

:eek:
Wow how come you are getting such a low amount?
Mine is like £55 per week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saleem Aslam)
Wow how come you are getting such a low amount?
Mine is like £55 per week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I really messed up on the calculations, I'm awful at maths but I did it a silly way when looking at how much i'll have on my first term.

Basically on the 24th September I'll get my grant payment of £1129.00 and the loan payment of £1274.46
so 1129.00 + 1274.46 = 2403.46
I have16 weeks until my next installment comes into my bank, all 16 weeks need rent paying for (apparently we pay rent over Christmas break? )
124.95 x 16 = 1,999.20

so 2403.46 (grant and loan) - 1999.20 = 404.26

404.26 - 16 = £25.26

I've probably really embarrassed myself with that wrong formula but yeah, I'm very worried. Specially baring in mind that this is my cheapest accommodation, Vine Court single is something over £130 and Crown Place double is something in between :eek:
Saleem Aslam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think I really messed up on the calculations, I'm awful at maths but I did it a silly way when looking at how much i'll have on my first term.

Basically on the 24th September I'll get my grant payment of £1129.00 and the loan payment of £1274.46
so 1129.00 + 1274.46 = 2403.46
I have16 weeks until my next installment comes into my bank, all 16 weeks need rent paying for (apparently we pay rent over Christmas break? )
124.95 x 16 = 1,999.20

so 2403.46 (grant and loan) - 1999.20 = 404.26

404.26 - 16 = £25.26

I've probably really embarrassed myself with that wrong formula but yeah, I'm very worried. Specially baring in mind that this is my cheapest accommodation, Vine Court single is something over £130 and Crown Place double is something in between :eek:
Oh ****!!!
Just realised you are absolutely right, Now I know where I messed up :/
So basically I'm going to receive £1129 grant and £1191 loan in the first term :/
What i did was total amount of Grant + Loan which was £6997 for me
Then subtract the Rent from the overall total and divide the rest of the money between 39 weeks
Looks like me and you may be in the same boat
Remember though apply for as many jobs as possible
That is what I'm planning.
**** now I'm really really worried about it.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
YAY WE GONNA STARVE :banana:
Heyitssharonhere
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can always reject your accommodation at Crown Court and apply for accommodation elsewhere. It works out cheaper tbf and there's many other options. Look here:

http://www.liverpoolstudenthomes.org/Accommodation

Some even have bills included so if you are worried about your finances, just rent elsewhere for cheaper and you'll get a few more nights out and more to spend on food. Hope that helps!
Massives
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone know what the word 'Studio' actual means for Crown Place?

The description/video are annoyingly unhelpful.

It says 'self-contained Studios available', but that's as far as it goes in its explanation.
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Massives)
Anyone know what the word 'Studio' actual means for Crown Place?

The description/video are annoyingly unhelpful.

It says 'self-contained Studios available', but that's as far as it goes in its explanation.
its basically when you have your own room, kitchen, bathroom and small living room area. yes, I agree the website needs to update its pictures.
virdari
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does anyone know what's included in a studio ( crown place) other than the basic stuff like bed desk and chair ...
Fridge ? dishwasher ?
MicroWave?
Couch or table maybe ?

i know i'm supposed to buy all the kitchen utensils. ( pots, plates etc...)
but i hope that i won't have to buy white goods as well
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh ****!!!
Just realised you are absolutely right, Now I know where I messed up :/
So basically I'm going to receive £1129 grant and £1191 loan in the first term :/
What i did was total amount of Grant + Loan which was £6997 for me
Then subtract the Rent from the overall total and divide the rest of the money between 39 weeks
Looks like me and you may be in the same boat
Remember though apply for as many jobs as possible
That is what I'm planning.
**** now I'm really really worried about it.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I THOUGHT I GOT THAT WRONG WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

Yeah at first I did the add up accommodation cost over 39 weeks and then take that away from total loan and grant and then divide by 39, then I was looking at £60 a week :/
I have no savings either...
Saleem Aslam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I THOUGHT I GOT THAT WRONG WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

Yeah at first I did the add up accommodation cost over 39 weeks and then take that away from total loan and grant and then divide by 39, then I was looking at £60 a week :/
I have no savings either...
Haha looks like we both did that
What are going to do about freshers etc if you have no savings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha looks like we both did that
What are going to do about freshers etc if you have no savings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
DIE.

Well I'm a local, drinks are cheap here so I reckon predrink... 1.5 litre of vodka = £22.50 (asda) and freshers wristband... **** I haven't thought this through.
LawrencePocock
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anyone tell me when will the rooms be accessible?? Or do they tell us after our appications are confirmed?? thank u
Anniken
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LawrencePocock)
Can anyone tell me when will the rooms be accessible?? Or do they tell us after our appications are confirmed?? thank u
I know for Vine Court it's September 20th, it says when you get your offer, before you accept it
WishyyWoshh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I'm correct, Liverpool has the bursary too which every student receives? I think it's about £2,200 if you're receiving the highest amount from SF!
Abbseh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WishyyWoshh)
If I'm correct, Liverpool has the bursary too which every student receives? I think it's about £2,200 if you're receiving the highest amount from SF!
When I rang up that only begins to be processed in November though Living off £20 a week until then (assuming I only spend £20 total during freshers including food etc) will be hell 😩
WhiteWash
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WishyyWoshh)
Not every student: http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/undergrad...rpool-bursary/
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All of these people saying that they're going to be on like £75 a week are going to be in for a shock, do the calculations my way and you'll soon realise you're ****ed ahaha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.67%
No - but I will (106)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.68%

Watched Threads