Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Did anyone just get an email from Nottingham saying they're putting your application on hold to give everyone else equal consideration?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd1711)
    No?
    This is what it said:

Dear "Bloxorus"

Thank you for your application to study L100 Economics (BA/BSc) at the University of Nottingham.

As you may be aware this programme is very popular, attracting large numbers of applications from highly qualified candidates. In accordance with UCAS guidelines we must give equal consideration to all applications that we receive up until the 15 January deadline, and therefore we are required to put your application on hold for a short time.

We realise that you will want to be notified of our decision as soon as possible, and we will not hold your application unnecessarily. We aim to process your form as soon as we can and you should expect to hear from us by 31st March 2014 at the latest. Details will be communicated to you through the UCAS system in the usual manner.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your interest in the University of Nottingham.

Yours sincerely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is what it said:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I got the same email today, its a shame as the other uni's I have applied for (Warwick, UCL and bham) have also said they will take their time:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rheannan)
    Offer from East Anglia (UEA) for ABB!!! also have an offer at Keele for Business Economics as my insurance. Has anyone heard back from Reading? have they sent you an email to say they have your application and has anyone got any offers? I haven't heard anything from them and it's my first choice!!
    I got a Reading offer ABB yesterday.

They emailed me shortly after track updated.

ReputationRep:
    This is what it said:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Weird how I didn't get it....maybe I will in the next couple of days or maybe they've already discarded my application aha...what were your predicted grades and when did you send your application may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd1711)
    Weird how I didn't get it....maybe I will in the next couple of days or maybe they've already discarded my application aha...what were your predicted grades and when did you send your application may I ask?
    I doubt they've discarded any applications already.
    I sent my application 16 days ago and I'm predicted A*A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they've discarded any applications already.
    I sent my application 16 days ago and I'm predicted A*A*AA.

hmm sent mine 10 days ago with A*AA prediction...suppose I'll get the email eventually..was expecting a wait for a Nottingham offer if I was going to get one anyway

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from York for economics L100! AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from York for economics L100! AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! Only 10 minutes ago too! Although it's my 5th choice, it still feels great to get the first offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    Same! Only 10 minutes ago too! Although it's my 5th choice, it still feels great to get the first offer
    I just got my 5th too! Manchester at AAB!

ReputationRep:
    ABB offer from Holloway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

I am predicted A* AAA (Maths, FM, Econ, Physics) in A level and got 4A*s 4As and a B in gcses
    Ive applied for
    Cambridge
    UCL
    LSE
    Surrey

for straight economics
    Do you guys think I have a chance at all?

ReputationRep:
    Got my first offer!!

AA from Bristol (one of the As has to be in Economics)

So excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aryaaaan)
    Hi guys I need some advice.
    WARNING - long read.
    Basically I have just started sixth form. I chose Maths, Further Maths, Economics & Physics, with the intention of doing Economics, or Engineering (if i didn't get economics) at uni.

Btw when I say I want to do economics or engineering at uni, that is because I don't really know what else I can do with my subject choices..

I have to admit the reason why I want to do an economics degree is partly because of the lifestyle that comes with it (so I've heard).
    However I actually like economics A LOT to be fair, but I've only been doing it for 6 weeks so I can't be certain. I am quite a mathsy person too so I think it'd suit me.

And with Engineering, I don't really know much tbh except that it takes 5 years to become one & you don't even get paid that well.

RealisticallyI'd like to have a career where I am interested in it & it pays fairly well too 👍

To be honest I have no idea what I want to do in life, but I would LOVE to have my own business, this is purely based on my love for Dragons Den lol. Plus I'd like to be very rich haha

Anyways 6 weeks in, I have now swapped from physics to geography (lots of catching up to do). Which rules out my option to do Engineering.

This was because for the 6 weeks, even though I was doing well in physics, I had little interest in Physics as opposed to geography, which I find fairly interesting. I have tried my best to become interested in physics but learning things like the rest mass of a proton is just meh & I don't think I ever will be interested in it. Also I have noticed physics is a lot conceptually harder & requires more intellect than geography. What I am saying is that - choosing geography will make my life easier (lol so I think). Lastly My Physics teacher is very boring. (Anyone doing AQA physics A, please pm me btw, if you can tell me what physics is like further on)

But geography on the other hand has a big workload compared to physics (lots of learning). Geography is apparently very essay based at A2 (I'm not good at essays, I always write too much). And I've heard doing further maths is a big help, if you are also doing physics. (Anyone doing AQA Geog, please pm me btw, if you can tell me what geog is like further on)

So I am very confused as to what I should do.

Not doing physics would mean that if I didn't get economics at a good uni, I would be in deep ****

But doing physics would mean that I would have to really hack physics for 2 full years (I can't drop a subject after As, because I have taken further maths) just so I have more options in life.

I am a capable student (12 A* at gcse). However I am also very lazy & want to do the bare minimum amount of hardwork (lol).

So should I stick with geog or swap back to physics?

Also if anyone could give me an insight into what economics degrees are all about? Where I can go with it, Job prospects etc that's be great thanks.

My half term has started and I can't decide whether I have made the right decision or not. But I still have the choice of which one to do.

So Please Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "I want to do the bare minimum amount" << have fun getting through A-Level with that attitude

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Got my first offer!!

So excited
    You must be ecstatic with that kind of offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Got my first offer!!

So excited
    Well done. I have received the same offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    You must be ecstatic with that kind of offer!
    Thanks, I am

(Original post by Coombsy)
    Well done. I have received the same offer.
    Nice one! Well done on your offer as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyfrjas)
    hi guys

I am predicted A* AAA (Maths, FM, Econ, Physics) in A level and got 4A*s 4As and a B in gcses
    Ive applied for
    Cambridge
    UCL
    LSE
    Surrey

for straight economics
    Do you guys think I have a chance at all?
    Yes. You've applied anyways so no going back now .

(Original post by Giant)
    Thanks, I am

Nice one! Well done on your offer as well
    Congrats nice offer as well. I'm hoping to get contextual offer as it would make for a nice insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Got my first offer!!

So excited
    Congrats on the offer, the minute I saw you and Coomsby got offers I rushed onto track but got nothing. I guess I'm going to be waiting a bit more.

When did you send off your UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Kickass! Which course is this? How long did it take? o.O
    straight economics took 3 weeks sent it off early october

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.