Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I emailed Kings & got a reply today. This is what they said (insert photo) Name:  image.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  147.6 KB

630 😱 I always thought kings wanted 700+ guess it depends on everyone's results each year on the UKCAT!

Just thought I'd share the email! As it proves it doesn't depend on just the UKCAT!

I just realised that's for A100 not A102 ... I'll ask them & share once I get a reply hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily Thorne)
    I emailed Kings & got a reply today. This is what they saidinsert photo) Name:  image.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  147.6 KB

630 😱 I always thought kings wanted 700+ guess it depends on everyone's results each year on the UKCAT!

Just thought I'd share the email! As it proves it doesn't depend on just the UKCAT!

I just realised that's for A100 not A102 ... I'll ask them & share once I get a reply hopefully

looking forward for that answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    Can I get into Medicine ? I just got my GCSE Results
    I'm okay about my results...not too happy...

Maths- A (1 mark off an A* , that's pissed me off)
    Chem- A*
    Biology- A
    Physics- A
    Business studies- A
    Computing- B
    Media studies- B
    Eng Language- B
    Eng Literature-B

Someone please tell me ?
    This is the graduate entry medicine thread, you may find this more useful http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2112295

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macarenafc92)
    looking forward for that answer.
    This is what she said:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  91.2 KB

720 ... For this year 😞

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest thats not too bad for Kings, last years was higher I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absorbaloff)
    I'll be honest thats not too bad for Kings, last years was higher I think.
    I guess your right ... Could have been worse aha ... But I'm mainly sad for myself LOL

ReputationRep:
    I guess your right ... Could have been worse aha ... But I'm mainly sad for myself LOL
    So does the whole "taking academic performance to date" still apply with the graduate selection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amywool)
    So does the whole "taking academic performance to date" still apply with the graduate selection?
    GEM's selection process isn't as clear cut as UG entry. Some universities put emphasis on UKCAT/entrance exams, while some want you to have experience, some don't care too much about experience, you can get in with 2.2 - 1st, you can get in with a variety of a-level performance/subjects. I do wish the entry was standardised across the boards, but I guess that takes away the variety of applicants, but it also makes it really difficult to pick universities they have the best chance to get into.

ReputationRep:
    How did you do in your UKCAT? Don't feel sad, look at all universities you can apply to, there are some that can be very lenient with UKCAT scores

ReputationRep:
    My UKCAT is in 3 days and I still haven't mastered time keeping for VR and QR. I genuinely am so worried that I won't even get avg mid 650 because they're so low. I'm good at AR but now closer to the exam am not spotting any patterns. DA is as easy as 123 but the algorithm will screw me up. I AM SO SCARED. It's going to be such a waste if I don't get above 700 and can't even apply this year ;-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you do in your UKCAT? Don't feel sad, look at all universities you can apply to, there are some that can be very lenient with UKCAT scores
    I got 580! Which is basically the lowest average I have seen on here lol - I'm going to apply to 2 UKCAT unis - even though I'm awaiting rejections but need my options filled ... What did you get if you've done it yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw781)
    My UKCAT is in 3 days and I still haven't mastered time keeping for VR and QR. I genuinely am so worried that I won't even get avg mid 650 because they're so low. I'm good at AR but now closer to the exam am not spotting any patterns. DA is as easy as 123 but the algorithm will screw me up. I AM SO SCARED. It's going to be such a waste if I don't get above 700 and can't even apply this year ;-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Relax, I'm sure you'll be fine. What resources have you been using?

ReputationRep:
    I got 580! Which is basically the lowest average I have seen on here lol - I'm going to apply to 2 UKCAT unis - even though I'm awaiting rejections but need my options filled ... What did you get if you've done it yet?
    580s not bad! It would definitely be a contender for UG medicine. I got 765 but this was for 2015 entry, I dont know the average score for this year, but I would guess this test was harder than mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    Relax, I'm sure you'll be fine. What resources have you been using?
    Kaplan book and 600Q to start with, then Medify and emedica. Going to do 2 more mocks tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    580s not bad! It would definitely be a contender for UG medicine. I got 765 but this was for 2015 entry, I dont know the average score for this year, but I would guess this test was harder than mine
    Wow must be proud! You done extremely well! Any tips if I end up retaking it next year ... Btw were you fortunate enough to get a place for 2015?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw781)
    Kaplan book and 600Q to start with, then Medify and emedica. Going to do 2 more mocks tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seems like you are prepared. Try not to freak out, you won't be doing yourself any favours.

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen on the UKCAT website something about changes to the DA section next year?
    It won't be counted anymore?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Wow must be proud! You done extremely well! Any tips if I end up retaking it next year ... Btw were you fortunate enough to get a place for 2015?
    Thank you. I dont feel like I did anything astoundingly different to anyone else, I did about a months revision and used the 600q book as it was cheap and easy to find. My course hands itself well to the exam as theres a lot of analysis and crit thinking involved. If you do end up retaking you'll definitely do better now that you've had the experience. Im lucky I got into st. Georges (start next month ) but its the only one I got into, and its not even ukcat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw781)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here! I've been preparing for a really longtime but there's no significant improvement AT ALL!! It's impossible for me to get the timings right for VR, QR is meh (hit/miss), AR is 50/50, (I hate double patterns, DR was my only hope but the scores are very low this year,so.....! Very stressed...maybe next year 😔😔😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmyBEAUT)
    I've just seen on the UKCAT website something about changes to the DA section next year?
    It won't be counted anymore?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
    Got a link?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.