Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Imam Ahmad رحمه الله said:

“The adhan is made in the baby’s ear at birth while the prayer is delayed till his death – A sign that his life is short just like the time between the adhan and the prayer.”

[Manaqib al-Imam Ahmad by Ibn al-Jawzi]

ReputationRep:
    اللَّهُ نَزَّلَ أَحْسَنَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابًا مُّتَشَابِهًا مَّثَانِيَ تَقْشَعِرُّ مِنْهُ جُلُودُ الَّذِينَ يَخْشَوْنَ رَبَّهُمْ ثُمَّ تَلِينُ جُلُودُهُمْ وَقُلُوبُهُمْ إِلَىٰ ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ ذَٰلِكَ هُدَى اللَّهِ يَهْدِي بِهِ مَن يَشَاءُ وَمَن يُضْلِلِ اللَّهُ فَمَا لَهُ مِنْ هَاد

"Allah has revealed the most beautiful Message in the form of a Book, consistent with itself, (yet) repeating: the skins of those who fear their Lord tremble there-at; then their skins and their hearts do soften to the celebration of Allah's praises. Such is the guidance of Allah: He guides therewith whom He pleases, but such as Allah leaves to stray, can have none to guide." [Surah Zumar, verse 23]

ReputationRep:
    It is related that Wakee' ibn Al-Jarrah said,

"One day, the mother of Sufyan Ath-Thawri said to (young) Sufyan, 'O my son! Seek out knowledge, and I will, with my spinning wheel, provide enough for you to live on. O my son, when you have written down ten Ahadith, look and see if you notice an improvement in the way you walk, in your level of patience, and in your degree of self-dignity. For if you do not see any such improvement, then know that your knowledge harms you and does not benefit you.'"

["Biography of Sufyaan Ath-Thawri" p.21 by Salahud-deen Abdul-Mawjood]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Loool, maybe 5 Companions later or something.
    Lol 5 may be too long...only been about 2 right now. Maybe I shouldn't have to wait at all since I don't think this is being treated in the same way as the quiz (like an educational "game")

ReputationRep:
    Part of Umar ibn Al-Khataab letter to Amr ibn abi Waqqas the commander of the armies in Persia:

Name:  1421786532517.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  70.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Man Who Killed 99 People ᴴᴰ - Brother Mohammed Hoblos

ReputationRep:

^^

Mind. Blown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)

^^

Mind. Blown.
    It's is amazing just how vast the universe is. It really puts into perspective just how insignificant we really are in the whole grand scale of things. It is a shame that our pride is so great that we are willing to kill each other in wars so as to rule over this tiny insignificant planet of ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)

^^

Mind. Blown.
    I really want to be able to create faster than light travel and travel the universe
    Always the dream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    I really want to be able to create faster than light travel and travel the universe
    Always the dream
    And I'm here just wanting to wake up on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Shaykh Abdul Raheem Limbada (hafidhahullah)?
    Yeah him hafidhahullah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    SubhanAllah that really does have a wonderful ring to it!

My favourite has to be the final hadeeth of Bukhari.. so beautiful.

كلمتان حبيبتان إلي الرحمن خفيفتان علي اللسان ثقيلتان في الميزان سبحان الله و بحمده سبحان الله العظيم

Two expressions which are very dear to Allah, light on the tongue (easy to say) and heavy on the scales (in rewards). The expressions are; All praise and glory is with Allah. All glory to Allah the greatest.

Spoiler:
    Show
    does Mufti Ibrahim Raja still teach at Bury?
    Yes he does.. Are you related to a student?

ReputationRep:
    AsalaamuAlaykum all

Hope you're all well

Many Sahabas listed

http://www.islamforlife.co.uk/sahaba...20prophets.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Yes. The Qur'an holds the answer.
    Much complex.
    Very mind blowing.
    Wow.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sikhchannel.tv/attempted-...terror-attack/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    AsalaamuAlaykum all

Hope you're all well

Many Sahabas listed

http://www.islamforlife.co.uk/sahaba...20prophets.htm

Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah

I'm well, hope you're well too

ReputationRep:
    And when Our verses are recited to them, they say, "We have heard. If we willed, we could say [something] like this. This is not but legends of the former peoples."
    [Quran 8:31]

My verses had already been recited to you, but you were turning back on your heels
    [Quran 23:66]

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    Yes he does.. Are you related to a student?
    No, he was my ustaad (teacher). SubhanAllah he was absolutely brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.