Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex621)
    Are you less likely to be allocated your first choice college if you apply later on? Or do all applications before 15th January have equal chance?
    College Allocation only starts now, and does not depend on when you applied but when you received your offer. If you received your offer before February 1st, you will be allocated your college between now and the 1st March. If you haven't received your offer yet, you'll be allocated at another time after the date, and you may have less of a chance of getting your first choice. Other factors are involved however, and you may find that your first choice college is undersubscribed for applicants to your course so you can still get it! If you've applied to really popular colleges like University however..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Els-12)
    Well Done! what languages have you applied for?
    Thanks, Spanish and German

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsmeat)
    College Allocation only starts now, and does not depend on when you applied but when you received your offer. If you received your offer before February 1st, you will be allocated your college between now and the 1st March. If you haven't received your offer yet, you'll be allocated at another time after the date, and you may have less of a chance of getting your first choice. Other factors are involved however, and you may find that your first choice college is undersubscribed for applicants to your course so you can still get it! If you've applied to really popular colleges like University however..
    I chose Josephine Butler, haven't recieved an offer yet. Not too bothered if I don't get that one, as I don't think I would firm Durham if I got an offer but I was just wondering Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    International relations offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for English Literature on Monday! I applied to St John's, so now am waiting to hear which college I get!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PunkyCupcake;62473431]International relations offer!
    Congratulations! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mld120)
    Got an offer for English Literature on Monday! I applied to St John's, so now am waiting to hear which college I get!
    Congrats! When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jill800)
    Congrats! When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I applied late October, so have been waiting for a while, but I'd heard they can be super late (even March), especially for English, so I was surprised to get it already... I'm applying PQA though, so have my grades already, which might be why what have you applied for and which college?

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected today, applied for English Literature, bummed but not surprised.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=AunAb;62474159]
    (Original post by PunkyCupcake)
    International relations offer!
    Congratulations! When did you apply?
    8th October! Was Oxbridge so so early, aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mothwhisperer)
    Got rejected today, applied for English Literature, bummed but not surprised.
    I'm sorry to hear that I'm sure you'll go on to an amazing university regardless!
    What were your grades?
    Best of luck with everything x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    I'm sorry to hear that I'm sure you'll go on to an amazing university regardless!
    What were your grades?
    Best of luck with everything x
    GCSE: A* A* A* A A A A A A A B

AS: A B B C

PREDICTED: A* A B

I have offers from Exeter and Warwick, so I'm not too upset. Durham was really nice, though, when I visited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsmeat)
    What if I got an offer on the morning of February 1st? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spoderman14)
    You win a free pen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spoderman14)

I was wondering the same thing as I got it then too, but I think it's 1st of Feb included, as it says its if you hear "by" 1st of Feb... Well, I hope anyway aha

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering the same thing as I got it then too, but I think it's 1st of Feb included, as it says its if you hear "by" 1st of Feb... Well, I hope anyway aha
    What about me, offered today? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkyCupcake)
    What about me, offered today? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Since it's after the 1st, my guess would be that you might hear a bit later, but you never know - if they're working through them linearly then hopefully it won't be much later then those who had offers by the 1st - either way, everyone will get allocated a college

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I applied late October, so have been waiting for a while, but I'd heard they can be super late (even March), especially for English, so I was surprised to get it already... I'm applying PQA though, so have my grades already, which might be why what have you applied for and which college?
    Ah makes sense plus you must deserve it I'm still waiting, applied 5th November for English and philosophy at Hatfield

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I applied to Durham to study English and Philosophy, through the Liberal Arts program. Only after I submitted my application I noticed that there is an English and Philosophy course separately (yes, I'm a bit scatter-brained). Do you think this means an instant rejection or I still have the chance to receive an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Els-12)
    Well Done!
    French and Spanish i have offers from all other units but durham!
    Where else you applied to and what college at Durham? Girls at my school are still waiting as well don't worry about it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.