Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Most people on here (and everywhere else tbh) were mocking United for selling Welbeck only a few months ago. Now he's showing why it was the correct decision to sell him. Give it a year or two and he'll be at somewhere like Everton or West Ham which is his level.

Rooney didn't show much when we did play him up front, would rather see him played in his best position which is a #10. He averaged something like 1 goal or assist per game last season in our ****test side for decades.

Wish we'd play a 4141 like Arsenal, or even a 433. Any one striker formation really.
    I don't know many people who were particularly pleased we signed him though. It reeked of desperation.

People tried to find the positives but really, it was never in doubt how average he is.

ReputationRep:
    tbh you could say that Arsenal's decision to sell Van Persie was also justified. Sure, he won the Premier League, but after that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    tbh you could say that Arsenal's decision to sell Van Persie was also justified. Sure, he won the Premier League, but after that...
    We sold a season too early, that's all.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    He was decent for us last season as well tbh, just couldn't stay fit. If Arsenal had him in their team last year they'd have won the league.

I think the main mistake was giving him such a lengthy contract on obscene wages, especially since our policy is usually to only offer 1 year deals to players over 30. Should have been a 2 year contract with the option of a years extension.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He was decent for us last season as well tbh, just couldn't stay fit. If Arsenal had him in their team last year they'd have won the league.
    Well yeah same can be said if we had Suarez...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    That doesn't bear thinking about! :lol: Especially since Liverpool wanted Costa that summer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    And I would have preferred Suarez over van judas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I said it earlier, if Arsenal had signed Suarez, they wouldn't have 30-goal Suarez, but biting/diving/handballing/racisming Suarez...

ReputationRep:
    I missed this game due to work .

Can someone fill me in on how it was?

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for a home draw against Reading, Liverpool and United to draw each other (at Anfield). Don't care about the rest :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    I missed this game due to work .

Can someone fill me in on how it was?
    Easy win not much to talk about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Easy win not much to talk about
    I see did Giroud score two? Did we dominate the game in terms of possession, shots etc? Funnily enough I was thinking we'd win it 2-0 today

ReputationRep:
    I see did Giroud score two? Did we dominate the game in terms of possession, shots etc? Funnily enough I was thinking we'd win it 2-0 today
    Yeah Giroud scored two goals in the first half and we had all the possession and chances. Middlesborough we poor except for their keeper made some good saves against Walcott and Sanchez in the 2nd half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Yeah Giroud scored two goals in the first half and we had all the possession and chances. Middlesborough we poor except for their keeper made some good saves against Walcott and Sanchez in the 2nd half.
    Sanchez was back, ALREADY?! whaaaat poor guy he's going to be running on empty in a few games time I swear he just done his hamstring in against Leicester :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez was back, ALREADY?! whaaaat poor guy he's going to be running on empty in a few games time I swear he just done his hamstring in against Leicester :confused:
    The guy wants to play every game he tells Wenger not to give him a rest he has the same mentality as Messi.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud = Bergkamp tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Giroud = Bergkamp tbh
    Blasphemy

ReputationRep:
    I know it was a cakewalk of a game, but Ozil looked incredible today. So lucky to have such a pure footballer at our club

ReputationRep:
    Seen that Brooklyn Beckham was called up the u18s.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Just got back, great job lads! #roadtowembleycontinues can't wait to see the highlights, I hope we do indeed retain this cup :ahee:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.