Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethey180)
    I've not heard from York either and my interview was December too!! Beginning to get stressed I hope they don't make us wait this long for a rejection
    I hope they don't too, I know people who had their interviews in December and February and have been rejected and that's stressing me out more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiee_98)
    I hope they don't too, I know people who had their interviews in December and February and have been rejected and that's stressing me out more!
    Rejections have been given out after interview?? When was that?? That may give us some hope!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethey180)
    Rejections have been given out after interview?? When was that?? That may give us some hope!!
    They were given out last week so it might! What's worrying me is that there is only 14 places on the course :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, got a question.
    I have been accepted onto Children's Nursing this September at Birmingham City (which I'm so excited about!!!). I am getting some experience by doing some volunteering, but this is only about an hour a week, so I booked to do a week's work experience at a hospital in April. However, due to circumstances etc, in doesn't look like I'll be able to do the hospital placement after all. I am worried that I might lose my uni offer if I don't have work experience. I have looked at my offer, and the only conditions listed are that I get the required grades in my current course and exams (I'm on an Access course). Does this mean I'll be ok without work experience? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jud1)
    Hi guys, got a question.
    I have been accepted onto Children's Nursing this September at Birmingham City (which I'm so excited about!!!). I am getting some experience by doing some volunteering, but this is only about an hour a week, so I booked to do a week's work experience at a hospital in April. However, due to circumstances etc, in doesn't look like I'll be able to do the hospital placement after all. I am worried that I might lose my uni offer if I don't have work experience. I have looked at my offer, and the only conditions listed are that I get the required grades in my current course and exams (I'm on an Access course). Does this mean I'll be ok without work experience? Thanks x
    Yep, you'll be fine. Your offer conditions are nothing to do with gaining additional work experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jud1)
    Hi guys, got a question.
    You'll be fine. The conditions are educational they aren't asking for work experience.
    If you want to do it for yourself maybe contact the hospital explain you've had a change in circumstances and see if you can do it at a later date?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from York or Hull yet. I had an interview for York in December and Hull in February and its stressing me out now as I've still not heard anything!!
    I got an offer yesterday for hull, so hopefully you should hear back soon

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone . I will probably still do a placement in the summer if I can, but will
    really take the pressure off if I don't have to. Got so much revision to concentrate on!!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenburgesssx)
    I got an offer yesterday for hull, so hopefully you should hear back soon
    I hope so! When was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had offers from BCU and De Montfort? I'm really struggling with my decision! X

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! When was your interview?
    2nd March, I'm so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenburgesssx;[url="tel:63818823")
    63818823[/url]]2nd March, I'm so happy!
    Mine was 9th February, well done on the offer though!🎉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terriix)
    Has anyone had offers from BCU and De Montfort? I'm really struggling with my decision! X
    I've had an offer from BCU and have formed it☺️ X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jud1)
    Hi guys, got a question.
    Hi, I have a place at BCU as well! you won't need to do any work experience now you have received an offer, if the only conditions are that you pass your exams and get good grades then they can't take your offer from you unless you don't get the required grades☺️ so you don't really need to do any work experience now you have an offer unless you want to, hope this helped☺️ x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has any one heard from Herts uni? I had my interview two weeks ago and the wait is killing me 😫

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=kjp06;63802217]
    (Original post by tracijune)
    Has anyone emailed Salford to ask for an update on their application before? I had my interview on March 4th and haven't heard anything yet. I know they're super busy but I want to respond to my offers asap.

I was offered a place for sept 16 then had an email to say they'd made a mistake sept was full and I was offered April 17.
    My interview was Feb 29th. So I would presume if you're offered a place it would be for April? No harm in emailing them. Even if you ask for a date you are likely to find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I will. It's not my firm choice but it'll be my insurance if I get an offer, it's just the not knowing that makes me nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone firming Southampton please? Which halls are you choosing? You can't take a car for placements if you stay in the new halls?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I hear this week. Still waiting on two of my choices to give me a decision. So inpatient now as I need to get student finance sorted and accommodation etc. This process is horrible

ReputationRep:
    Can you respond to your firm choice before getting an offer for your insurance or do you need to do both at the same time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have to do both at the same time.

(Original post by tracijune)
    Can you respond to your firm choice before getting an offer for your insurance or do you need to do both at the same time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.