Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    I know what you mean but could you give an example question so it would be easier to explain?
    Yeah it's from June 14 exam
    When Silver Fluoride dissolves in water at 25 degrees, the free energy change is -9 kJ mol-1. Use this info and data from table 2 to calculate a value with units for the entropy change when silver fluoride dissolves in water at 25 degrees.

so ∆G = -9
    ∆H = -15
    T = 298

How do I rearrange it to get ∆S on the left hand side is what I'm asking and is there a certain way of doing it because I have no idea haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owensmith16)
    Thinking of sending AQA this, but with examples and that:

This exam was disproportionately difficult. Not because of the application questions or even question 9, which were difficult, but because of the horrible questions worth few marks that took too long, leading to the last half being rushed and allowing NO opportunity to check through, which you (AQA) yourselves advise us to do, then don't allow us to. I noticed immediately it was strange, as the timing recommended was 80 minutes for section A and 25 minutes for section B, which differs from past papers, and was unrealistic. Truly ridiculous AQA - your choice of questioning will have devastating consequences on the futures of many young people, and definitely did not reward hard work or revision, or even merit knowledge of the A level Chemistry specification. The ONLY way to rectify this situation is to lower the grade boundaries.
    Be sure to Sign the petition!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/l...ry-unit-4-2016

ReputationRep:
    Guys the acylium ion question i swear the ion was different on the benzene ring it had a Cl attached to it! So the ion should have looked different right?? Please reply cuz i added a cl to the structure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebaysass)
    Guys even if you feel the paper was fine, even if you feel like you don't care or even if you feel this might not actually do anything, its still worth a try.....

give this and look and signnnnnnn it!!!!!!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/l...ry-unit-4-2016

and share it with everyone, the more awareness the better!!
    Can everyone sign this please :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 26december)
    Thanks What if they asked for ∆H though would that be (∆S - ∆G) / T?
    so ∆G=∆H-T∆S
    And ∆H= ∆G+T∆S
    Always best to start from the original equation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anam)
    Guys the acylium ion question i swear the ion was different on the benzene ring it had a Cl attached to it! So the ion should have looked different right?? Please reply cuz i added a cl to the structure
    Yeah I had a cl on mine too! it was different to just a normal electrophilic sub mechanism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anam)
    You are right, there was a Cl, it was something like ClCH2CHO and so the ion was ClCH2CO+ or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owensmith16)
    how many marks would that test for acycl chloride be worth...i didnt see the cl so did tollens reagent instead, stupidly
    Ah **** I did the same thing, I remember seeing it first and thinking silver nitrate and stuff but I left it and came back to it and forgot about the chloride

ReputationRep:
    I could have sworn the question about suggesting a new rate equation said the conc of h+ and I2 was increased by ×100 so i put the new rate equation as r=k[propanone] bc propanone is limiting factor??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluhbluhbuh)
    this helps, i'll remake it in this format, might remember a few
    Do you remember what the moles were ?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the moles were for the ethanoic acid/water/salt/some thing else
    In order to work out Ka in 310cm3

ReputationRep:
    Whats the Predictions for a grade C :s

ReputationRep:
    The paper was difficult but fair... There's no point making a petition for AQA as they didn't do anything wrong, they just asked the same questions in a different way to see whether students understood the core principles of the course. If you revised the content and not past paper answers I'm sure you were fine.

ReputationRep:
    So many trolls on this discussion 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cave Felem)
    The paper was difficult but fair... There's no point making a petition for AQA as they didn't do anything wrong, they just asked the same questions in a different way to see whether students understood the core principles of the course. If you revised the content and not past paper answers I'm sure you were fine.
    exactly! They asked the same questions with different wording- it just required outside of the box thinking

ReputationRep:
    Anyone prepared to guess grade boundaries? 92 cap? Or too low?

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial ms?

ReputationRep:
    guys would I lose a mark for putting 1-chloroethanoyl chloride?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i guess we are not all superstars like you, Einstein.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soLit)
    I don't remember it asking us how to distinguish between the two enantiomers!

DID I MISS A QUESTION OUT!! I NEVER TALKED ABOUT ROTATING PLANE POLARISED LIGHT ....
    Same I didn't see one either?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.