Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I got 89% is it A*

ReputationRep:
    for question 15, I only compared the interquartile range and median (with evidence and data from the box plot)..would I only get 2 out of 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    do you not have the fondation one for today ? if not could you find it please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samantha2009)
    Yeah u got it
    why are you on the student room?

and i am 100% sure your students will NOT be sitting the same exam paper as today so you can stop

ReputationRep:

do you not have the foundation one for today ? if not could you find it please

ReputationRep:
    What grade is 76 - 80 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grundle)
    for the small/big envelope question, would you not simplify it down from 20y to 5y and 5x to x to become 5y+x=T ?
    You need to factor out the five, not divide it by 5.

So T= 4x+20 turns into T=4(x+5) - I think that was the question I can't remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moustafa123r)
    I got 89% is it A*
    If you did get 89%, then yes, that would almost definitely be an A*, but remember that you need to do just as well on the other paper as well! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moustafa123r)
    I got 89% is it A*
    yep lets hope you get the same for calc!

ReputationRep:
    http://prnt.sc/b8rnz5 Would I still get 3 marks for this i didnt simplify it I simplifed the first answer the part a) but not that. ?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bridges123)
    do you not have the foundation one for today ? if not could you find it please
    I don't know if there is a foundation unofficial mark scheme by a teacher, sorry ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophiee23)
    Oh brilliant. Thank you
    Can I just ask; the questionare question, you got a mark for 'too vague' I wrote 'no numbers used' simply because I had a writings block and completely forgot about 'too vague' I mean, I had the intention to write it but forgot lol. Would 'no numbers used' and 'no time frame' still get me both the marks?

ReputationRep:
    is a foundation one being made?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    What grade is 76 - 80 marks?
    high a for sure possibly a* usually 80%+ is an a*

ReputationRep:
    can u draw an image of what question 20 looks like please

ReputationRep:
    what would the grade boundaries be for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afsanax)
    high a for sure possibly a* usually 80%+ is an a*
    I cant be sure whether i got 80 marks but I definitely got over 70, I enjoyed the exam but I felt as though I could've done better. But thank you!

ReputationRep:
    question 6, is wrong, 18 x 2 is not 90

ReputationRep:
    for Q.12, i wrote 10x10-π5(2) ... would i still get a mark?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the igcse edexel maths unoffical markscheme for todays morning exam

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.