The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Original post by Altun63
Yeah, I also found SCYL3 and 4 good, just hope this doesn't affect my grade as there's only 4-5 marks between each grade boundaries 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully man.My main worry is that I don't think I did well in Unit 4- time management was a mess. I need to be optimistic about it though.
Reply 1601
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Haha yes I do have a Scottish accent :biggrin:
I like my accent but people who aren't Scottish find it hard to understand us sometimes haha x

Your accent beats all. Don't ever let it go haha :biggrin:
Original post by supernerdural
Anyone know when the AQA grade boundaries will be released?

Wednesday 17th August. They should be on the public website by 9am.
Original post by S1939
I was thinking the same too. One other thing that doesn't seem right is how only 4 people have been caught out as a result. Where are the other 36? It's a messed up scenario, but it is only fair that AQA assures all other Sociology students that this problem was dealt with correctly. At the end of the day, this will result in increased grade boundaries for the rest of us

Yeah howcomes only 4 were penalised
She also seems kinda selfish tbh. It seems in that article that she just wants everybody who didn't get penalised to get a U, like she got.
Reply 1604
Original post by xxvine
Yeah howcomes only 4 were penalised
She also seems kinda selfish tbh. It seems in that article that she just wants everybody who didn't get penalised to get a U, like she got.

It's a sad situation for all that didn't mean to cheat, and were only on the whatsapp for help. It depends entirely on whether it was something that was planned, which is why I suspect only 4 have been punished as a result
When are AQA mark schemes being uploaded?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S1939
It's a sad situation for all that didn't mean to cheat, and were only on the whatsapp for help. It depends entirely on whether it was something that was planned, which is why I suspect only 4 have been punished as a result

From what I've read in the article there was a whatsapp group on here, loads of people were on it, someone leaked the questions and only 4 of them got penalised out of the 40 or so in the group according to the dailymail.

If the questions were leaked why didn't the girl report it as soon as it was leaked. Her running to the media moaning isn't going to help her case at all because she still cheated. It seems she is just upset that got caught and some others didnt.
I dont even feel sorry for her...she's been on the radio all day and it seems she just wants fame. If she was one of those 'who got away with it'...she wouldn't be mouthing off to the media.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bubbles26
When are AQA mark schemes being uploaded?

Posted from TSR Mobile

17th at 9am on AQA website (along with grade boundaries etc)
Reply 1608
Original post by xxvine
From what I've read in the article there was a whatsapp group on here, loads of people were on it, someone leaked the questions and only 4 of them got penalised out of the 40 or so in the group according to the dailymail.

If the questions were leaked why didn't the girl report it as soon as it was leaked. Her running to the media moaning isn't going to help her case at all because she cheated. It seems she is just upset that got caught and some others didnt.

Exactly. Didn't really think of it like that, but yeah- why the hell would you go running to the press afterwards? Surely, if you realise the depth of the situation- maybe inform the school beforehand??
I don't really have a solution to this, but it seems right for AQA to trace down all the students who did get the message.
Original post by S1939
Exactly. Didn't really think of it like that, but yeah- why the hell would you go running to the press afterwards? Surely, if you realise the depth of the situation- maybe inform the school beforehand??
I don't really have a solution to this, but it seems right for AQA to trace down all the students who did get the message.

Its does but maybe AQA are finding it hard to? How would be a track down students on a whatsapp group? By phone numbers/display pics or what?

The girl seems the typical selfish 'when it suits me type'. To me...she is just upset that she got a U grade and so many others didn't.
In the article it says she has been in contact with a few members of the group and found out they didnt get penalised.... so she is fuming.

Yes it may be unfair that so many saw the questions yet only a few are disqualified.....but running to the newspapers to make sure the rest of the group get disqualified as well is spiteful behaviour imo and says a lot about her character.
Reply 1610
Original post by xxvine
Its does but maybe AQA are finding it hard to? How would be a track down students on a whatsapp group? By phone numbers/display pics or what?

The girl seems the typical selfish 'when it suits me type'. To me...she is just upset that she got a U grade and so many others didn't.
In the article it says she has been in contact with a few members of the group and found out they didnt get penalised.... so she is fuming.

Yes it may be unfair that so many saw the questions yet only a few are disqualified.....but running to the newspapers to make sure the rest of the group get disqualified as well is spiteful behaviour imo and says a lot about her character.

I understand where you're coming from. More so about taking revenge, than actually about the fact that they cheated the system. I guess someone in the group was smart to report it as soon as.
Most worrying for me is how this will effect the grade boundaries :frown:
Original post by S1939
Most worrying for me is how this will effect the grade boundaries :frown:

I mentioned this earlier, but I would be extremely surprised if this affected the boundaries in any way. Look at it objectively: at most 40 people in the group saw three out of four of the questions. A few more might have also seen them, but that's still a tiny fraction of the entry. Also, because you have to write essays in a Sociology exam, just knowing what the questions are a few hours in advance does not necessarily allow you to gain a higher mark than you would have got otherwise.
So glad I never joined that sociology whatsapp group now :laugh:I found both exams okay but quite a few didn't so, regardless of the 'cheating' thing, the grade boundaries might be lower as people seemed to hate unit 4
For AS results, I think grade boundaries will be very low.
Reply 1614
Original post by marioman
I mentioned this earlier, but I would be extremely surprised if this affected the boundaries in any way. Look at it objectively: at most 40 people in the group saw three out of four of the questions. A few more might have also seen them, but that's still a tiny fraction of the entry. Also, because you have to write essays in a Sociology exam, just knowing what the questions are a few hours in advance does not necessarily allow you to gain a higher mark than you would have got otherwise.

I might just be overthinking:dontknow:. Let's just hope that AQA are going to be sweet to us all. Should we start a petition? haha :biggrin:
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Haha yes I do have a Scottish accent :biggrin:
I like my accent but people who aren't Scottish find it hard to understand us sometimes haha x

Just being curious; can Scottish people speak with that aristocratic British accent as well, if they want to?
Original post by S1939
I was thinking the same too. One other thing that doesn't seem right is how only 4 people have been caught out as a result. Where are the other 36? It's a messed up scenario, but it is only fair that AQA assures all other Sociology students that this problem was dealt with correctly. At the end of the day, this will result in increased grade boundaries for the rest of us

There was actually a person on TSR a few weeks ago saying she was being investigated due to this... she didn't know this was going to happen so probably most people were innocent in that group. A few people getting better than what they would've otherwise won't increase the grade boundaries... and even if you know the questions but haven't revised anything during the year, it's worthless anyway.
Reply 1617
Original post by lawlieto
There was actually a person on TSR a few weeks ago saying she was being investigated due to this... she didn't know this was going to happen so probably most people were innocent in that group. A few people getting better than what they would've otherwise won't increase the grade boundaries... and even if you know the questions but haven't revised anything during the year, it's worthless anyway.

I don't think those that are innocent should have their future jeopardized because of this. I didn't mean to sound as if I wanted everyone caught out- only if this thing was planned, which I thought at first.
Original post by S1939
I don't think those that are innocent should have their future jeopardized because of this. I didn't mean to sound as if I wanted everyone caught out- only if this thing was planned, which I thought at first.

The main point is you shouldn't worry about grade boundaries :smile: i suppose getting a harsh examiner is worse than high grade boundaries in sociology (i do science so i don't really know)
Reply 1619
Original post by lawlieto
The main point is you shouldn't worry about grade boundaries :smile: i suppose getting a harsh examiner is worse than high grade boundaries in sociology (i do science so i don't really know)

Thanks there. You're right with the examiner thing, but I'm more worried because I completely messed up in Unit 4. Timing was not great, and I spent less time on the essay question worth the most marks :angry:
I remain slightly optimistic though :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest