Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.67%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Seen 135, caught 135
    Only 7 left? Which ones are you missing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Only 7 left? Which ones are you missing?
    I'm currently missing: Vileplume, Golem, Victreebel, Raichu, Muk, Marowak, Hitmonchan and Omastar. I'm up to 135 because I caught a Tauros (thanks to one of my friends in the USA ).

I have enough candies to get Golem and I only need 1 more Oddish and 4 more Bellsprout (something like that, anyways) to get their evolutions. Raichu and Marowak should be fairly easy to get due to their nests, but Muk, Hitmonchan and Omastar might take a while.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently missing: Vileplume, Golem, Victreebel, Raichu, Muk, Marowak, Hitmonchan and Omastar. I'm up to 135 because I caught a Tauros (thanks to one of my friends in the USA ).

I have enough candies to get Golem and I only need 1 more Oddish and 4 more Bellsprout (something like that, anyways) to get their evolutions. Raichu and Marowak should be fairly easy to get due to their nests, but Muk, Hitmonchan and Omastar might take a while.
    How'd you get Farfetched?
    Also, cheaters never win... 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    How'd you get Farfetched?
    Also, cheaters never win... 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't have Farfetch'd. The 142 number excludes all region specific Pokemon (bar the 1 in your region). Hence he thought I needed 7 more.

And how exactly have I cheated?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have Farfetch'd. The 142 number excludes all region specific Pokemon (bar the 1 in your region). Hence he thought I needed 7 more.

And how exactly have I cheated?
    I assume when you said you caught a Taurus thanks to a mate in America, I thought you have them your login details to help you get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Ooh very nice! Sounds like you've gotten most of the hard ones out of the way. I've caught a wild Omanyte before. I guess you just need to hatch as many 10k eggs as possible to try and get Hitmonchan and Omanytes from eggs?

ReputationRep:
    I assume when you said you caught a Taurus thanks to a mate in America, I thought you have them your login details to help you get it?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, but that's hardly cheating, is it? Don't be jelly bruh.

Ooh very nice! Sounds like you've gotten most of the hard ones out of the way. I've caught a wild Omanyte before. I guess you just need to hatch as many 10k eggs as possible to try and get Hitmonchan and Omanytes from eggs?
    I've not had a 10k egg in quite a while tbh. Hoping to find Omanytes near water if I spend enough time near the Thames or such . Hitmonchan will just have to be a lucky find though. Muk is gonna be a pain in the arse too, since there are no Grimer nests that I know of.

ReputationRep:

I've not had a 10k egg in quite a while tbh. Hoping to find Omanytes near water if I spend enough time near the Thames or such . Hitmonchan will just have to be a lucky find though. Muk is gonna be a pain in the arse too, since there are no Grimer nests that I know of.
    Hitmonchan are meant to be found near training places/gyms? Maybe the Olympic village?

Think you'll carry on playing once you've completed the pokedex?

ReputationRep:
    Just came back from Asia and this game is s*** here...*

ReputationRep:
    Hitmonchan are meant to be found near training places/gyms? Maybe the Olympic village?

Think you'll carry on playing once you've completed the pokedex?
    Are they? I didn't know that tbf. I guess it would make sense though .

And I'm not sure, it depends on what they do with the game. Once trading comes in, it'll be easy to finish the Pokedex (at least if you can trade worldwide) and the buddy system will greatly help with that too. I'll definitely keep an eye out to see what's going on with the legendaries ( + Ditto) but it'll be hard to keep it interesting once the Pokedex is completed.

At least until gen 2 comes out .

ReputationRep:

I lost my first account due to a legitimate foreign trip.

EDIT: I find a lot of omanytes on beaches, or by historical related buildings/monuments near water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    I lost my first account due to a legitimate foreign trip.

EDIT: I find a lot of omanytes on beaches, or by historical related buildings/monuments near water
    I find that hard to believe tbh. There are many people who have used the game abroad and been fine. Even if so, you can appeal it.

ReputationRep:
    I find that hard to believe tbh. There are many people who have used the game abroad and been fine. Even if so, you can appeal it.
    I am appealing it, doesn't seem to get anywhere. There's no way to submit evidence to your appeal (plane tickets, ferry tickets, etc.)

ReputationRep:
    Seen 84 and caught 83. I saw a Slowbro and decided not to catch as I had 46 slowpoke candy but obviously since then I've not seen another slowpoke..

So I hatched my 9x 5k eggs one after the other and got the following:
    - Machop x2
    - Ponyta
    - Cubone
    - Nidoran F
    - Oddish
    - Bellsprout
    - Krabby
    - Tentacool

The machops are 82% IV and 89% (with attack as best stat).

Would be quite nice to evolve these into Machamps but can't see myself getting enough candy..

Then I decided to pick up on eggs again. FML I got 3x 2km and 6x 5km eggs

Where are all the 10km eggs?

ReputationRep:
    Pokestops for days! 😁

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473359933.179937.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  131.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finally got myself to level 24..

Seems to be a magmar spawn just outside my work place. A few times a day but always in the same spot. Must be one nearby for Electabuzz too but I've not found it yet.

ReputationRep:
    Are there still people playing this out and about or has the hype ended?

ReputationRep:
    Caught my first ever Charmander today. =D

Also found a Cloyster. Was really weak at only 329CP but still, nice addition to my pokedex. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Caught my first ever Charmander today. =D

Also found a Cloyster. Was really weak at only 329CP but still, nice addition to my pokedex. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very jealous.. still no Chamander even though I hatched a few more 2km eggs.

I'm pretty impressed/pleased with my Lapras Found a gym which had 5 Dragonites (CP 2300, 2340, 2380, 2800 and 3050) and I basically managed to take it over using only my 2k Lapras - it was able to take out 2 or almost 2 Dragonites each time so -1000 prestige per battle so didn't take too long to take over!

ReputationRep:
    Very jealous.. still no Chamander even though I hatched a few more 2km eggs.

I'm pretty impressed/pleased with my Lapras Found a gym which had 5 Dragonites (CP 2300, 2340, 2380, 2800 and 3050) and I basically managed to take it over using only my 2k Lapras - it was able to take out 2 or almost 2 Dragonites each time so -1000 prestige per battle so didn't take too long to take over!
    Damn, that's the sort of Gym that's getting reported. Any news on whether the 3 reports thing is true? Kind of scares me off gyms.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.