The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
I assume when you said you caught a Taurus thanks to a mate in America, I thought you have them your login details to help you get it?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but that's hardly cheating, is it? Don't be jelly bruh.

Original post by Zerforax
Ooh very nice! Sounds like you've gotten most of the hard ones out of the way. I've caught a wild Omanyte before. I guess you just need to hatch as many 10k eggs as possible to try and get Hitmonchan and Omanytes from eggs?

I've not had a 10k egg in quite a while tbh. Hoping to find Omanytes near water if I spend enough time near the Thames or such :tongue:. Hitmonchan will just have to be a lucky find though. Muk is gonna be a pain in the arse too, since there are no Grimer nests that I know of.
Original post by tomtjl

I've not had a 10k egg in quite a while tbh. Hoping to find Omanytes near water if I spend enough time near the Thames or such :tongue:. Hitmonchan will just have to be a lucky find though. Muk is gonna be a pain in the arse too, since there are no Grimer nests that I know of.

Hitmonchan are meant to be found near training places/gyms? Maybe the Olympic village?

Think you'll carry on playing once you've completed the pokedex?
Just came back from Asia and this game is s*** here...*
Hitmonchan are meant to be found near training places/gyms? Maybe the Olympic village?

Think you'll carry on playing once you've completed the pokedex?

Are they? I didn't know that tbf. I guess it would make sense though :colondollar:.

And I'm not sure, it depends on what they do with the game. Once trading comes in, it'll be easy to finish the Pokedex (at least if you can trade worldwide) and the buddy system will greatly help with that too. I'll definitely keep an eye out to see what's going on with the legendaries ( + Ditto) but it'll be hard to keep it interesting once the Pokedex is completed.

At least until gen 2 comes out :biggrin:.
Original post by tomtjl

I lost my first account due to a legitimate foreign trip.

EDIT: I find a lot of omanytes on beaches, or by historical related buildings/monuments near water
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Donkey******
I lost my first account due to a legitimate foreign trip.

EDIT: I find a lot of omanytes on beaches, or by historical related buildings/monuments near water

I find that hard to believe tbh. There are many people who have used the game abroad and been fine. Even if so, you can appeal it.
Original post by tomtjl
I find that hard to believe tbh. There are many people who have used the game abroad and been fine. Even if so, you can appeal it.

I am appealing it, doesn't seem to get anywhere. There's no way to submit evidence to your appeal (plane tickets, ferry tickets, etc.)
Seen 84 and caught 83. I saw a Slowbro and decided not to catch as I had 46 slowpoke candy but obviously since then I've not seen another slowpoke..

So I hatched my 9x 5k eggs one after the other and got the following:
- Machop x2
- Ponyta
- Cubone
- Nidoran F
- Oddish
- Bellsprout
- Krabby
- Tentacool

The machops are 82% IV and 89% (with attack as best stat).

Would be quite nice to evolve these into Machamps but can't see myself getting enough candy..

Then I decided to pick up on eggs again. FML I got 3x 2km and 6x 5km eggs :frown:

Where are all the 10km eggs?
Pokestops for days! 😁

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473359933.179937.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally got myself to level 24..

Seems to be a magmar spawn just outside my work place. A few times a day but always in the same spot. Must be one nearby for Electabuzz too but I've not found it yet.
Are there still people playing this out and about or has the hype ended?
Caught my first ever Charmander today. =D

Also found a Cloyster. Was really weak at only 329CP but still, nice addition to my pokedex. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
Caught my first ever Charmander today. =D

Also found a Cloyster. Was really weak at only 329CP but still, nice addition to my pokedex. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very jealous.. still no Chamander even though I hatched a few more 2km eggs.

I'm pretty impressed/pleased with my Lapras :colondollar: Found a gym which had 5 Dragonites (CP 2300, 2340, 2380, 2800 and 3050) and I basically managed to take it over using only my 2k Lapras - it was able to take out 2 or almost 2 Dragonites each time so -1000 prestige per battle so didn't take too long to take over!
Very jealous.. still no Chamander even though I hatched a few more 2km eggs.

I'm pretty impressed/pleased with my Lapras :colondollar: Found a gym which had 5 Dragonites (CP 2300, 2340, 2380, 2800 and 3050) and I basically managed to take it over using only my 2k Lapras - it was able to take out 2 or almost 2 Dragonites each time so -1000 prestige per battle so didn't take too long to take over!

Damn, that's the sort of Gym that's getting reported. Any news on whether the 3 reports thing is true? Kind of scares me off gyms.
Original post by Donkey******
Damn, that's the sort of Gym that's getting reported. Any news on whether the 3 reports thing is true? Kind of scares me off gyms.

First I've heard of gyms being reported? More info plx.

There's a level 9 Instinct gym with Dragonites/Snorlax from CP 1700 to 3000 - wish I had something to put in.. think they've held it for a week already!
First I've heard of gyms being reported? More info plx.

There's a level 9 Instinct gym with Dragonites/Snorlax from CP 1700 to 3000 - wish I had something to put in.. think they've held it for a week already!

Quite a few people have been either spoofing or botting the game in order to get higher CP Pokemon. As such, there is a report feature on Niantic's website where you can report people you suspect are cheating. They had a massive ban wave a few weeks ago, getting rid of hundreds of accounts that had 3500+ CP Pokemon (which would be almost impossible to get legitimately).

The one downside is that there are a few legitimate accounts that have been reported simply because the owners' have been playing the game every minute of every day.
Original post by tomtjl
Quite a few people have been either spoofing or botting the game in order to get higher CP Pokemon. As such, there is a report feature on Niantic's website where you can report people you suspect are cheating. They had a massive ban wave a few weeks ago, getting rid of hundreds of accounts that had 3500+ CP Pokemon (which would be almost impossible to get legitimately).

The one downside is that there are a few legitimate accounts that have been reported simply because the owners' have been playing the game every minute of every day.

Ah I knew there were some bans but didn't realise for cheating to get higher CP. Those Dragonites weren't higher than expected tbh considering how great their CP can be.

So picked up another 10 eggs - 3x 2km, 6x 5km and 1x 10km.. not a great ratio to have picked up a single 10km egg in the last 20..

Has anyone sussed out if there is any magic to getting eggs? Or is it unknown/random?

Ideally I want a Snorlax. Wouldn't be the end of the world if I got an Eevee or Dratini for the candy for long term evolutions. A Lapras I could trade in and use the candy to power my 2k one. Omanyte/Kabuto should mean enough candy to add the evolution to my pokedex. Will be fuming if I get another Magmar..
Ah I knew there were some bans but didn't realise for cheating to get higher CP. Those Dragonites weren't higher than expected tbh considering how great their CP can be.

So picked up another 10 eggs - 3x 2km, 6x 5km and 1x 10km.. not a great ratio to have picked up a single 10km egg in the last 20..

Has anyone sussed out if there is any magic to getting eggs? Or is it unknown/random?

Ideally I want a Snorlax. Wouldn't be the end of the world if I got an Eevee or Dratini for the candy for long term evolutions. A Lapras I could trade in and use the candy to power my 2k one. Omanyte/Kabuto should mean enough candy to add the evolution to my pokedex. Will be fuming if I get another Magmar..

You're more likely to get 10k eggs from "better" Pokestops, apparently. i.e. the shop around the corner won't give you good items but the monument to the Great Fire of London will give you better items. Unsure if this translates to eggs but it would make sense for it to.
Original post by tomtjl
You're more likely to get 10k eggs from "better" Pokestops, apparently. i.e. the shop around the corner won't give you good items but the monument to the Great Fire of London will give you better items. Unsure if this translates to eggs but it would make sense for it to.

Better pokestops as in what it is or the ones which are more popular? So like the stop outside a tube station probably gets used more or better to go to an actual monument?

So far I've been evolving everything I can - so 4 Gastlys into 4 Haunters rather than one into a Gengar - presume there is no real benefit in filling pokedex? Maybe I'll do more of that once I've hit level 25..
Better pokestops as in what it is or the ones which are more popular? So like the stop outside a tube station probably gets used more or better to go to an actual monument?

So far I've been evolving everything I can - so 4 Gastlys into 4 Haunters rather than one into a Gengar - presume there is no real benefit in filling pokedex? Maybe I'll do more of that once I've hit level 25..

I'm not sure what constitutes as "better" but it tends to be more famous landmarks. It could definitely be frequency of use though.

There's no real benefit for filling the Pokedex as of yet, but that is kinda the point of the game :tongue:.

Quick Reply

Latest