Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 10)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

100 post stats:

mr T 999 - 6

04MR17 - 2

Arbuthnot - 2

pinkteddyx64 - 2

someonethinking - 1

Mediaya - 1

Posted from Parts Unknown

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DefaultXP)

Hey pinkteddyx64 :mmm: You went over 10 post limit again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DefaultXP)
    That was over 10 posts PT

Watch it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    I've seen that a couple of times but most often get the 503 error. I then go back and send it again, and get the thing about duplicate posts within the last 5 minutes. Now I tend to edit it slightly before resending, as it then gives a consecutive post - perfect for these counting threads - if it happens anywhere else, I can always delete the dupe post. It does seem like a common issue though.
    Yeah exactly the same thing. Not a problem as such, but I'm wondering if it's just an indicator of a bigger error in the system, because it just seems to be happening more and more frequently, and I'm worried that it might be leading up to something big; which isn't helpful this close to results days.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone just been watching the cycling?

ReputationRep:
    Database error just occured on previous post:
    Name:  Database Error.png
Views: 14
Size:  51.4 KB

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    101606Yeah exactly the same thing. Not a problem as such, but I'm wondering if it's just an indicator of a bigger error in the system, because it just seems to be happening more and more frequently, and I'm worried that it might be leading up to something big; which isn't helpful this close to results days.
    I know right! I hope the TSR devs get this fixed before the results day, which is going to be TSR's biggest day of the year. The A Level results day is this week and the GCSE results day the week after, which isn't good at all if the site keeps giving these errors.

After all, there will be a huge load placed on the server systems on results days, and if there are errors now, there will certainly be bigger issues on results day which could be potentially devastating for users trying to get advice for university choices!

101,610 - yeah, I watched the cycling at the velodrome when it was on just before 10pm

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I watched the cycling at the velodrome when it was on just before 10pm
    Do you know the result?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Kenny won the Keirin, after 2 re-starts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)

Hey pinkteddyx64 :mmm: You went over 10 post limit again

Unfortunately, it's a typical pinkteddyx64 trait... he always seems to do this; why, I don't know :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Do you know the result?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Kenny won the Keirin, after 2 re-starts.
    Yep, did see that, but didn't know about the 2 restarts.

(Btw can we have a number please? )

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, did see that, but didn't know about the 2 restarts.
    Yeah it was dead tense! They overtook the derny bike both times. The first time was Jason Kenny and/or the Malaysian guy and it took a good 10/15 mins for the judges to decide. They decided that nobody should get disqualified because they didn't have a photo-finish camera on the back straight finish line where the derny comes off. Then it happened again, this time it was blatantly the German who was favourite to challenge Kenny. He didn't get disqualified for the same reason. (Imagine the political consequences if they did!) They reckon there'll be a rule change next year to stop it happening, because the rules are really vague about where the derny comes off. It was so dramatic I felt really sorry for Laura Trott having to sit through that. (And any old people that wanted to watch the news and didn't know that the BBC news channel existed: it was delayed by 1.5 hours!)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Working again now! I wonder whether it's as we go through midnight?
    Message I had been getting:
    Name:  30s.png
Views: 10
Size:  86.4 KB

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.